back to 2.0 vs 3.0 debate ... Facebook?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I've seen this show up on there a few times when someone asks how is 2.0 compared to 3.0 and everyone like vultures immediately jumps with their "its a BMW not a Supra" and "2.0 is a blasphemy"

I get that some of these people are just trolls, but 3.0 is not for everyone - and I'm a 2.0 owner

yes I thought about 3.0 and yes I could afford it, but 2.0 is plenty for me - it gets up to speed just fine and it looks great just like a 3.0

the other thing I see is "if you want to go fast get 3.0 because by the time you are done you will spend 3.0 money" - but normal mods like downpipe/tune/intake is the same price and are just standard mods on any forced induction cars - you get a little more performance and a lot more noise - which is fine and 2.0 is still a great bargain

so unless you want to drag race people, regular spirited driving with 2.0 is just fine and after downpipe and exhaust I'm sure you will get plenty of "noise"

all the other mods like coilovers/brake upgrades/wheels/and rest of body is the same and 2.0 is a great way to get into a Supra and have a quick car that looks awesome

so just wondering, with so much "hate" that MKV already gets "online" - because at every meet I've been to everyone LOVES how the Supra mkV looks - I have yet encounter any negative comments about "fake vents" or "BMW transplant" - why are people downtalking on 2.0 owners?

did everyone forget about the great 4-banger Japanese motors from the past?

fact is these 4-banger turbos like in Focus RS and Golf R and GTI and STi and EVO and whole other cars are great and capable motors already and have been and have proved themselves already

and I'm not sure how many of you spend launching your cars from 0-60 at every red light
You need some cookies and milk. Everything will be alright.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I owned a Camaro SS1LE (V8). The amount of crap from the V8 owners to the V6 and turbo 4 was ridiculous. Then Randy Pobst bought the 4 cylinder turbo Camaro 1LE manual and said that it was all the car he needed on the street or he would lose his license. Most of the loud mouths shut up. Having owned a Miata I get it. Sometimes its more fun to drive a slower car fast than a fast car slow.

I also owned the GT350 with the vodoo and some of those yahoo’s would make fun of other V8 Coyote owners because they bought “the lesser Mustang”.

I think some of it is small pee pee syndrome…

I think the 2.0 Supra makes a lot of sense depending on the person and how they use the car.
I can so relate to the Miata. I’ve owned everything from a 500 Abarth to a 500hp evo8 and god I miss my old NA Miata. That car handled like nothing else

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
Proud owner of a 3.0 here. With that said, have you guys seen the markups on the 2.0's? Went to the dealer this Saturday and saw a red 2.0 for $59k! I bought my 3.0 Premium for less a year ago.

Anyways, everyone has their own preference/justification for buying their car. My reason was that I didn't want to get punked by a Rav4 Prime.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I can so relate to the Miata. I’ve owned everything from a 500 Abarth to a 500hp evo8 and god I miss my old NA Miata. That car handled like nothing else

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
That's why I will never get rid of my NA8. It's just too much fun to drive!
IMG-7861.jpg

upload
And because I have no need for the V6 Supra, I'll probably buy the 2.0 come Spring.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I'll be honest, I was surprised Toyota even bothered to bring the 2.0L Supra to the USA.

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I've seen this show up on there a few times when someone asks how is 2.0 compared to 3.0 and everyone like vultures immediately jumps with their "its a BMW not a Supra" and "2.0 is a blasphemy"

I get that some of these people are just trolls, but 3.0 is not for everyone - and I'm a 2.0 owner

yes I thought about 3.0 and yes I could afford it, but 2.0 is plenty for me - it gets up to speed just fine and it looks great just like a 3.0

the other thing I see is "if you want to go fast get 3.0 because by the time you are done you will spend 3.0 money" - but normal mods like downpipe/tune/intake is the same price and are just standard mods on any forced induction cars - you get a little more performance and a lot more noise - which is fine and 2.0 is still a great bargain

so unless you want to drag race people, regular spirited driving with 2.0 is just fine and after downpipe and exhaust I'm sure you will get plenty of "noise"

all the other mods like coilovers/brake upgrades/wheels/and rest of body is the same and 2.0 is a great way to get into a Supra and have a quick car that looks awesome

so just wondering, with so much "hate" that MKV already gets "online" - because at every meet I've been to everyone LOVES how the Supra mkV looks - I have yet encounter any negative comments about "fake vents" or "BMW transplant" - why are people downtalking on 2.0 owners?

did everyone forget about the great 4-banger Japanese motors from the past?

fact is these 4-banger turbos like in Focus RS and Golf R and GTI and STi and EVO and whole other cars are great and capable motors already and have been and have proved themselves already

and I'm not sure how many of you spend launching your cars from 0-60 at every red light

With a better launch, I'll be in the upper 3 second range for 0-60mph, confirmed with Dragy. I'm on a conservative E30 Protune by Jesse DaBears on the JB4. Ran a buddy this weekend that has a strong Ford RS (tuned and full exhaust). It is making over 400hp and I got him from a dig and from a roll. The B48 is a great powerplant and the lighter 2.0 Supra is far more capable in the twisties...we tested that out too this weekend ;b

Check out my recent thread on my tune and times...and enjoy the car!

- https://www.supramkv.com/threads/supra-b48-e30-protune-dabears-and-jb4.11009/

20211009_122759.jpg

20211009_120451.jpg

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I plan on buying a 2.0 to put next to my 3.0 once prices come back down to normal. Would be a nice dedicated track car and/or daily driver. Probably easier to work on and has less electronics to go wrong.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Not by much.
I am thinking the engine should be at least 8"s shorter (more room to get to the front of the engine), no electronic diff, no electronic shocks, no 1000 way adjustable seats. Ya thats about it. Not a ton but enough.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
For starters any debate that takes place on social media is going to inherently produce a significantly less intelligent crowed of overly opinionated morons. So if you want to talk cars do it at a local shop, test and tune, or bar.

Second off....who cares what anyone else thinks?! If someone bought a 2.0 and is enjoying their purchase then God bless. If they suddenly don't like their 2.0 because some idiot on the internet told them they shouldn't then go take that guy car shopping with you so you can buy whatever will make him proud of you. If you're lucky he might even have a credit score over 375 and will consider co-signing...doubt it though.

:dance:

OP
OP

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I've got a 2 Litre and I love it. It looks great and is plenty fast enough for me. It gets admiring glances wherever I go and the average guy on the street can't tell the difference between the 2 and the 3 Litre anyway.
the only reason why I wanted to buy a MKV is if they made a 4-banger turbo and they did

but I'm eyeing those Elise/4c's and I'm pretty sure I'm getting into Emira when it comes out if my finances are straight

S7CKY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Mustang 2018 Jeep Wrangler
I have just ordered a 2.0. Whilst I fully understand why the 3.0 appeals to many, the 2.0 is more than enough power for me. The design of a car is the most important consideration for me, and as we all know the 2.0 and 3.0 are virtually identical. I must be one of the few that actually prefer the visual differences of the 2.0. I much prefer the 2.0 alloys, and equally prefer the polished exhaust tips. Everyone has their own opinion and view.
Colour is also very subjective. When I purchased my 1999 Audi TT (back in 2000) it had to be silver. But my 2001 Corvette C5 (since sold) had to be red (I wouldn't have considered silver for instance). Another example is my 2018 Wrangler in 'chief blue'. To me it is the 'outstanding ' colour, I am sure others would totally disagree.
That's what makes our 'hobby' so diverse and interesting. Each to their own. Oh, my Supra is in 'Lightening Yellow', naturally:)
Sponsored