Best tuning options for 2023 MT

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Yeah man and my car is pretty stock except for a downpipe, and aftermarket exhaust. No wing, no spoiler or anything cosmetic. The bullying attempts happen more often when I visit clients in the Inland Empire, but in Orange County it happens less often. Just had a stock V8 Challenger pull up to me on the 55fwy egging me to race while I was just crusing to work early this mornint. And for the record when I say wanting to race, I mean pull up to me and wanting me to put the window down or line it up at 60. These stories are probably the worst thing I hate about having a stock MKV. I've had countless experiences like these including old fixed up Mercedes sedan V8s, F80s etc.
Have you taken any offers to see what the car can do?

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Have you taken any offers to see what the car can do?
took one from a Mustang that looked a couple years old. I'm not a Mustang expert so not sure what exact model, but it wasn't a Mach 1 or those higher trims. It sounded like it was tuned, but didn't sound like it had a superchager with that whine. He smoked me badly, but I think it was also me not downshifting to 2nd gear and instead staying in 3rd gear. Stock feels very limited with the ECU and DME with acceleration. I'm sure anyone who has tuned a 6MT MKV agrees afterwards.

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
took one from a Mustang that looked a couple years old. I'm not a Mustang expert so not sure what exact model, but it wasn't a Mach 1 or those higher trims. It sounded like it was tuned, but didn't sound like it had a superchager with that whine. He smoked me badly, but I think it was also me not downshifting to 2nd gear and instead staying in 3rd gear. Stock feels very limited with the ECU and DME with acceleration. I'm sure anyone who has tuned a 6MT MKV agrees afterwards.
If you feel down about the power, then add some. Get your ECU unlocked, get a BM3 OTS with the Flex fuel kit. I promise you wont be disappointed running e50. Might want to get a set of 305's as well.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you feel down about the power, then add some. Get your ECU unlocked, get a BM3 OTS with the Flex fuel kit. I promise you wont be disappointed running e50. Might want to get a set of 305's as well.
I have actually been debating if I go Femto OTS with the E50 or if I just trade it in for the G87 M2. I keep going back and forth on breakdown of cost. Hard finding let alone meeting any MKV 6MT owners to hear or see their tuned examples. This is probably the first or best thread so far in my 10 months of ownership.

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I have actually been debating if I go Femto OTS with the E50 or if I just trade it in for the G87 M2. I keep going back and forth on breakdown of cost. Hard finding let alone meeting any MKV 6MT owners to hear or see their tuned examples. This is probably
I have actually been debating if I go Femto OTS with the E50 or if I just trade it in for the G87 M2. I keep going back and forth on breakdown of cost. Hard finding let alone meeting any MKV 6MT owners to hear or see their tuned examples. This is probably the first or best thread so far in my 10 months of ownership.
IF you lived close, I'd tell ya just come drive my car.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you - appreciated! :)
I would only consider Clutchmasters because their corporate office is a 1.5 hour drive from me so I could visit them with any questions or in person revisions/issues. Whether you choose Clutchmasters or Spec, I would go Stage 2.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
[email protected] Email them and they respond pretty quick. Handmade in Alabama. Quality clutches.
I contacted them multiple times and called, couldn't get a response by email and on the phone they told me to speak to the person I emailed... Who doesn't answer

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I contacted them multiple times and called, couldn't get a response by email and on the phone they told me to speak to the person I emailed... Who doesn't answer
I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe give Clutchmasters a try. I heard ACT mid last year was supposed to have released a clutch for the 6MT MKV. I'm not sure what other options we have as MKV 6MT owners.

GRSupraguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT Supra, Jaguar F-Type R
Just literally got my a91-mt back a few mins ago from the shop . Did the daw ultra r with e35 install and no issues on the way home. Granted I didnā€™t get on it because the tires were not warmed but my clutch felt fine and the shop didn't mention and clutch slippage when they dyno tuned it nor when they did some street pulls on it..Iā€™m at 565whp 553 torque. Iā€™ll keep this thread posted as i drive it around more.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Just literally got my a91-mt back a few mins ago from the shop . Did the daw ultra r with e35 install and no issues on the way home. Granted I didnā€™t get on it because the tires were not warmed but my clutch felt fine and the shop didn't mention and clutch slippage when they dyno tuned it nor when they did some street pulls on it..Iā€™m at 565whp 553 torque. Iā€™ll keep this thread posted as i drive it around more.
mustang dyno?
Sponsored