• Total voters

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Which tuning company has the overall best comprehensive ECU tuning for MKV Supra?

Lets lay it all out here ...
Sponsored

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
I like BM3 a lot, but if true Flex Fuel tuning is going to be a capability with ECUtek, I'll be making the switch.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I hate doing these, but Ecutek recently started working on Supra's B58, officially released onto this forum on March 25th. .
In addition, we're comparing what OTS to OTS? custom tune?
Do you want to tune yourself or custom tuning? Then there is MHD as well...
Also, like RichSC mentioned, what components, Flex? with what kit..

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I hate doing these, but Ecutek recently started working on Supra's B58, officially released onto this forum on March 25th. .
In addition, we're comparing what OTS to OTS? custom tune?
Do you want to tune yourself or custom tuning? Then there is MHD as well...
Also, like RichSC mentioned, what components, Flex? with what kit..
EcuTek doesn't do OTS. So you couldn't possibly compare it. And for self tuning it might be worth checking some of my posts in our ecutek thread. The sample roms that tuners use to learn how to tune the supra uses maps that are't eve in BM3. =(

But someone could hack tabkes up to get similiar results.

Edit: Why isnt MHD on here? If anything MHD might actuall have better definitions currently. There are some good MHD custom tunes out there.

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
Okay where to begin... It depends on what you're looking for this is comparing apples to oranges at this point. I've had both and jb4... only thing BM3 is better at right now is their app and price. Everything else including Power is in Ecutek's favor and only getting better, its all custom tuning no OTS maps and its pricey, but you're literally getting the best platform for these cars and its still in the early stages. You'll never understand what your missing in BM3, because it does feel fast, until you drive a car with Ecutek.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Okay where to begin... It depends on what you're looking for this is comparing apples to oranges at this point. I've had both and jb4... only thing BM3 is better at right now is their app and price. Everything else including Power is in Ecutek's favor and only getting better, its all custom tuning no OTS maps and its pricey, but you're literally getting the best platform for these cars and its still in the early stages. You'll never understand what your missing in BM3, because it does feel fast, until you drive a car with Ecutek.
i don't really like people saying this because its not completely accurate. Solely the "power" thing. If the tuner knows what they are doing. Power will be the same for the most part. IE- my car. Puts out the same power on Ecutek and MHD. that's all i'll say about that since MHD was not a topic in this thread, sorry about that.

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
What about reliability and error issues and etc with Bootmod3 that people are having issues with?
Id like to see more on this, and if this is happening on Ecutek cars.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
What about reliability and error issues and etc with Bootmod3 that people are having issues with?
That seriously put me on hold there

Was told these were caused by aftermarket intakes.. Checked and saw that members with these issues had no intakes whatsoever

Canceled my tune and got an intake instead :D

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

Id like to see more on this, and if this is happening on Ecutek cars.

Was told these were caused by aftermarket intakes.. Checked and saw that members with these issues had no intakes whatsoever

I can't speak for OTS maps, because i don't run OTS maps. But i can say that most all issues people have had are simply tune issues if it was a custom map you're talking about. I haven't had any issues on any platform. Well, none that were tune related to the transmission, other than simply completely overpowering the trans.

Should have saved your intake money @a90moe , unless you're over 600whp, intakes are a waste of money. Especially for what people are charging for them. Stock airbox with a drop in.

lol

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

Yeah... no. People probably are assuming the sensor is a mass air flow sensor. In which case to could be. A lot of the errors are from bad boost control and fueling control in the maps putting the ECU into the protected state tables. Bm3 now has a number of tables to help with this. I had them added. But its still missing a fair bit. There are ways to make things work. But it’s in an unorthodox way.

and as twisted said. The intakes don’t do much. Especially without a tune. The ecu models a desired flow and gets it. The intakes won’t ever do much stock. After a tune I know the Eventuri with a head light duct totally works. I’m still trying to see if I can associate a difference with others. It doesn’t stand out a ton and we still need more data.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Yeah... no. People probably are assuming the sensor is a mass air flow sensor. In which case to could be. A lot of the errors are from bad boost control and fueling control in the maps putting the ECU into the protected state tables. Bm3 now has a number of tables to help with this. I had them added. But its still missing a fair bit. There are ways to make things work. But it’s in an unorthodox way.

and as twisted said. The intakes don’t do much. Especially without a tune. The ecu models a desired flow and gets it. The intakes won’t ever do much stock. After a tune I know the Eventuri with a head light duct totally works. I’m still trying to see if I can associate a difference with others. It doesn’t stand out a ton and we still need more data.
Yeah thats why I personally am patient about the whole tuning idea

Intake was added purely for sound though

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I just flashed into OTS Stage 2 version 2.2 been driving it now for 3 days and havent really noticed anything. Can definitely feel the difference between stock but i havent come across any issues. The only thing i can think you are talking about is the throttle closure thats eluded to in 2,2 fix. But looks like its been out for almost a month. I am curious if the issues about reliability and error are from prior to that. I will keep my eye on it, but will most likely be going custom tune once i get the remainder of some parts i am needing.

upload_2020-4-17_13-18-44.png

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I just flashed into OTS Stage 2 version 2.2 been driving it now for 3 days and havent really noticed anything. Can definitely feel the difference between stock but i havent come across any issues. The only thing i can think you are talking about is the throttle closure thats eluded to in 2,2 fix. But looks like its been out for almost a month. I am curious if the issues about reliability and error are from prior to that. I will keep my eye on it, but will most likely be going custom tune once i get the remainder of some parts i am needing.

upload_2020-4-17_13-18-44.png
Thats awesome man! The reliability I want is like Hondata k-PRO on my RSX since 2009 with no issues. lol Maybe I am asking too much from a BMW??
Sponsored