BMW background or just a lover of the supra?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I am a BMW nut Never owned a Toyota of any sort Still own an old m3 and a modded diesel bmw

Sold a 335 n54 and was shopping a m2 and the styling was just kind of meh. Saw a Supra in the wild and snapped my neck.
Would have never bought one with out the bmw dna
Sponsored

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Never owned a BMW prior to the Supra. Current daily happens to be a Toyota 4Runner, first Toyota Iā€™ve owned. I donā€™t give a shit about a brand name, as long as itā€™s at the top of the list of being good at what it does. I find the dinosaur 4Runner to be delightfully analog in a digital world.

Prior fun vehicle was a 2009 STi which was traded in on the Supra. Donā€™t regret that decision even an iota.

Edit: Forgot to complete my assignment of answering the topic question. I love the fackin piss out of my Supra! Every fackin minute behind the steering wheel is a treat!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Any reason you can come up with. I made the mistake of going to a different Supra forum before this one when I bought my car and it was pretty clear they had no interest in being kind to the MKV. I don't mind when people voice concerns or are critical about cars as long as they are respectful when doing so. Unfortunately, the level of immaturity was off-putting and childish even by internet car forum standards. I would hope that most previous-gen owners are actually decent and not so toxic in person.
OMG that's funny as hell dude! I was on there too. It felt like a cross between guys that used to play high school or college ball reliving their glory years unable to let go or even get off the couch. Sprinkle in some psychosis, twitchy PTSD, and anger management issues, about summed up their unhelpful toxic feeling going on. Heaven forbid if you even mentioned the newer model šŸ˜‚... The wife beater tee-shirts came out in an instant! This forum is 1000x better, great peeps, helpful, can talk about almost anything and no one's panties get in a wad....

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I am brand and model agnostic. Create a good car with an MT and I'll show interest. Before settling on ordering the Supra, I had the M2 Competition in my sights but it was a) between models, b) had two doors too many and c) was much more expensive here.

It's an unpopular opinion but for my money, if the MKV was a purely Toyota venture I probably would've ended up in either the new MT Z4 or the M2. And that's not because I'm into BMWs.. it's just that around that price point there is nothing that piques my interest.

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
I owned performance cars from all different kinds of brands. I did own a E92 M3 back when they were selling new still.

To me the BMW thing with the Supra has zero effect. I love the style and performance of the car.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
Surprised a lot of people come from both, I love BMW's personally we still got a 2014 435i, loved it since day one. It really is a unique and eye catching car. Still hate how the old heads treat us lol

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've owned and enjoyed BMWs. I'd say I'm a fan. I had a '99 M3 and a 2003 5 series. The M3 was by far the most fun I'd ever had in a car at the time. For its day it was lightning fast and handled amazingly well. It felt like I was sitting in a cockpit, a feeling that hadn't been duplicated until I bought the Supra. With the addition of a thick aftermarket steering wheel and some new (genuine BMW parts M4) paddles, I have that same feeling. All of the controls are at my fingertips and operate in a precise fashion. I didn't buy it because it is a BMW, but rather because both companies took the best characteristics of several of their cars and combined them into an excellent vehicle. If I'm looking for a BMW reason, the closest I get is because of the B58 power plant. This motor is just amazing.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I am brand and model agnostic. Create a good car with an MT and I'll show interest. Before settling on ordering the Supra, I had the M2 Competition in my sights but it was a) between models, b) had two doors too many and c) was much more expensive here.

It's an unpopular opinion but for my money, if the MKV was a purely Toyota venture I probably would've ended up in either the new MT Z4 or the M2. And that's not because I'm into BMWs.. it's just that around that price point there is nothing that piques my interest.
Exactly this for me too. Sadly I wasnā€™t really shopping for the Supra. The damn car magazines talked about wind buffeting, getting stuck in snow (I live in Florida - doesnā€™t even matter, šŸ˜‚), and just nit picky crap was all I remembered in the beginning. It kind of stays in your mind and you skip over further articles thereafter. Was looking at Vetts but the lack of supplies and markups were insane. Same with Porsche. Always loved our BMWs so was leaning that route. Then found out this Supra is really a lighter BMW Z4 with a hardtop and track promotion from Toyota. Looking further, good lap times for a stock car on Top Gear, tons of part vendors for tracking, and cheaper/lighter than a comparable BMW. Hence the perfect marriage, imo. And I couldnā€™t be happier! I just canā€™t see how having BMW DNA is a negative whatsoever?!? I definitely donā€™t get it at allā€¦. Let the haters hate. It just adds to the exclusivity for such a reliable solid capable car šŸ„°

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2023-nissan-z-vs-2022-toyota-gr-supra-comparison-test-review/

It even beat the Nissan Z, lol. Yet they still have to add BMW DNA on the ā€œconā€ list?!?

Last edited:

kaiv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46, E39
BMW background, check out my IG :D
Initially the Supra wasn't even on my radar. It's just a "non-M" with a slushbox I thought. It wasn't until I saw one in person that my interested was piqued. Eventually I realized it's the best, smallest and lightest new BMW available at the moment.

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
I've always been into small Japanese cars. Got tired of waiting for Mazda so decided to get something else. I almost got the new IS300, but then I saw a Supra in a local meet. Had to cancel with Lexus and went to Toyota. It definitely looks way better in person than in pictures.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I had a BMW E46 M3 then a E90 M3 both manuals. Also I had a 1984 Celica Supra then a 1997 Eclipse GSX Turbo. I Honda S2000 also. I always wanted a Supra in the 90s never had the opportunity to get one at the time. Then comes 2021 and the Supra is back not influenced by past ownership of BMWs
. So now I have a 2021 Supra and a 2011 Fj Cruiser very happy with both vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited: