Carplay has disappeared

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
I’m thinking you never actually lost CarPlay (probably got stuck on Supra Connect). This was one of the first things I tried and it did nothing for me.
Just went down to give a shot... no go.
Sponsored

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
Does the car have to detect an apple phone to display Apple Car play on the screen? My car is put away for the winter, and I won't be able to check it till Saturday. I asking incase the latest apple phone updates have broken something with car play and the Supra. I have both android and iPhone, and wish they would have added android auto as well.

Midlifecrisis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium - White
Just got off the phone with corporate Toyota and they did admit that it is a known problem and many owners are experiencing this. She said they do not yet have a fix and just advised me to go to the dealer.

Obviously, there is no point in going to the dealer yet.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Does the car have to detect an apple phone to display Apple Car play on the screen? My car is put away for the winter, and I won't be able to check it till Saturday. I asking incase the latest apple phone updates have broken something with car play and the Supra. I have both android and iPhone, and wish they would have added android auto as well.
I was thinking the same too.. im running IOS Beta 14.3, but then again i never had any issues running with beta since i got the car. but i doubt it has to do with an ios update. thinking i might just take off the beta to see.

and yes, (well for me) the phone usually has to be in the car. because i remember when i have to open my gate with my phone on my, getting out of the car, my phone would disconnect and reconnect once i got back in

Carlos

First Name
SomeOne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Hey got in my car this morning and carplay has disappeared no way to reconnect

anyone else experiencing this? Know how to get it back?
Help!:dunno::imnew:
Same Problem, everyone is having the problem.

Carlos

First Name
SomeOne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Well, we now have reports from at least 6 people here that all lost Carplay today. I'm guessing it has to do with the date. 12-1-20. Quite possibly a bug in the authorization code. Carplay is subscription-based, and this is about the only explanation that makes since. Your cars were programmed to disappear Carplay on 12-1-20. Probably should have been 12-1-24 or something like that.

One thing to check: do you have the option of purchasing a Carplay subscription via Supraconnect.com online? Be worth checking.
I tried it 2 mins ago, nothing, you can’t buy any subscription or something

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I was wondering, Is this issue country related? Are you all in the US? Canada here, checked this morning and my 21 still have carplay. Been stored since november 1st though, maybe it did not update :dunno:

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
+1, lost it today under similar circumstances. Wouldn't connect, hit the "carplay could not be activated." After power cycling the car, the option is now gone.

jiggahwh0

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2008 Lexus ISF Twin Turbo, 2007 gx470
iono before I deleted the app i tried playing around with it and apple carplay nor supra connect was an option to select. Once i deleted the app from my phone and powered the car back on carplay was back ?‍♂

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
+1, lost it today under similar circumstances. Wouldn't connect, hit the "carplay could not be activated." After power cycling the car, the option is now gone.
Please sign up here... If there is a fix I will post it here, if we don't get a solution soon, I'll be sending this to Toyota. http://chng.it/78gWbXj7

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I bought my A91 on Tuesday afternoon and added my iPhone - no CarPlay. I did a bunch of troubleshooting before I found this thread. :doh:

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
As per @hanswurst24 posting on the following thread, the Supra does not offer OTA updates.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/supra-updates.5276/

Can someone confirm the opposite?

I guess the bug is on the Supra Connect service side, which I am sure will get fixed soon enough.

I understand the need to let Toyota know how widespread the problem, but threatening a Class Action lawsuit is not only premature but a bit exaggerated.

"A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention." Prv 15:18
Sponsored