Dealer Flash Update Lock

First Name
Codi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, Boosted IS300
I think I might actually go jb4 until obd flashing is figured out again. I want to use the mhd I have, but I really don’t wanna have to pull out my ecu and not be able to drive the car lol

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I may just call the dealer and ask if they did the recall while i was in for the oil change last month, i can’t seem to find my papers anywhere. Wouldn’t want to invest in a tuning platform then be locked out haha

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
I may just call the dealer and ask if they did the recall while i was in for the oil change last month, i can’t seem to find my papers anywhere. Wouldn’t want to invest in a tuning platform then be locked out haha
Most of not all tuners will take a return if you’re locked :thumbsup:

With Ecutek you only need the hardware to check DME version, no reason to purchase the tune and license until you know. Ecutek hardware is also universal so if you know someone with the dongle you can use theirs to check your version.

I’m not sure how the process works with BM3/MHD, but I’m sure it’s similar.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Most of not all tuners will take a return if you’re locked :thumbsup:

With Ecutek you only need the hardware to check DME version, no reason to purchase the tune and license until you know. Ecutek hardware is also universal so if you know someone with the dongle you can use theirs to check your version.

I’m not sure how the process works with BM3/MHD, but I’m sure it’s similar.
That’s good to know! Hopefully the dealer can tell me right away but if not that refund is nice to have. Still debating Ecutek vs BM3...

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s good to know! Hopefully the dealer can tell me right away but if not that refund is nice to have. Still debating Ecutek vs BM3...
I’ve seen a few people switch to Ecutek from
BM3 and not a single one to BM3 from Ecutek, the decision was easy for me

MarinTuned

First Name
Marin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
marintuned.com
Car(s)
Supra mk5
Vehicle Showcase
Waferez is spot on. If someone has a locked ecu we can unlock it with ecutek. If they change their mind we can usually refund typical within shipping costs.

if you are considering ecutek I am able to unlock and see if I can find someone in your area to scan you at our cost. Tuners are not here to waste your money. ✌

ALEXVOSS123

First Name
ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 SUPRA
guys am about to buy mhd tune how to tell before buying if my dme is locked ?
and also if it's locked does jb4 with mhd will work?

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
guys am about to buy mhd tune how to tell before buying if my dme is locked ?
and also if it's locked does jb4 with mhd will work?
There is no way to check without buying MHD. You can return the product if you are locked and choose not to tune rather than sending your DME off to be unlocked.

ALEXVOSS123

First Name
ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 SUPRA
There is no way to check without buying MHD. You can return the product if you are locked and choose not to tune rather than sending your DME off to be unlocked.
so I am in middle east where I don't think I have someone expert to unlock it, so I should try to buy mhd first and if it didn't work can jb4 be a good solution?
+
I haven't seen a lot of dme locked in my region could it be a thing for USA dealers?

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so I am in middle east where I don't think I have someone expert to unlock it, so I should try to buy mhd first and if it didn't work can jb4 be a good solution?
+
I haven't seen a lot of dme locked in my region could it be a thing for USA dealers?
I personally would skip JB4 all together and wait for MHD to find a way into the locked Ecu. You’ll get better results with a real flash. Ecutek is also working on a way to get around the lock.

If you happen to know someone that has Ecutek you can use their dongle to check your version. I believe MHD/BM3 may let you do this as well but I’ve got no experience with those platforms to confirm.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick check on ecutek website shows there is 1 tuner in UAE for Ecutek Supra.
upload_2020-5-20_14-31-29.png

Rhafiki

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've had the Stage 1 OTS tune from bootmod3 and have loved every minute of it. However I'm due for service/oil change soon and this being my first tuned car I'm not exactly sure what to do. I assume the safest option would be to flash the car back to the stock map before taking it in to avoid any potential issues? I just worry not telling them to do updates they might forget and do it anyways which I assume would cause some trouble?
Sponsored