First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Sure that’s understood. Could I do datalogs and email the file to you for tuning, or does the vehicle physically need to be on the dyno? Thank you for your help.

Edit: and no I don’t have issues with the throttle closure but there seem to be a lot of people experiencing that at higher boost pressures esp. with the pure turbo upgrade

yes we can do everything via email. im in new york and tune people daily globally.
Sponsored

Azian6er

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra gr
yes we can do everything via email. im in new york and tune people daily globally.
I was just told on the Supra Facebook page that Bootmod3 is now compatible via obd without a bench flash. Do you know if that is accurate?

Referencing the MAPerformance tuning thread on FB.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I was just told on the Supra Facebook page that Bootmod3 is now compatible via obd without a bench flash. Do you know if that is accurate?

Referencing the MAPerformance tuning thread on FB.

yea, ill edit, BM owner just messaged me and let me know BM can do it too.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those that may be considering purchasing a flash tune...

Is there anyway to find out if your Supra has had an ECU update done? I understand that for those who purchased their Supra after Nov there is a very good chance an update was done during prep and your ECU is locked out from using Ecutek, BM3, and MHD tunes...

Has any progress been made to gain access to ECU for flash through OBDII for those that have their ECU's locked....

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro

Is there anyway to find out if your Supra has had an ECU update done? I understand that for those who purchased their Supra after Nov there is a very good chance an update was done during prep and your ECU is locked out from using Ecutek, BM3, and MHD tunes...

Has any progress been made to gain access to ECU for flash through OBDII for those that have their ECU's locked....
i purchased in december and had no issue flashing

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium

I purchased my Supra in Jan and flashed BM3 two weeks ago with no problem.

Dick

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Where have you seen information about recent updates locking the ECU? There was a post in the MHD thread that speculated the ECU had been locked but it was just user error. I also recall another post about the dealer updating/resetting someone’s ECU and them losing their tune but again, no mention of it being relocked. Other than that, no mention of it here or in any a90 groups that I’ve seen.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Where have you seen information about recent updates locking the ECU? There was a post in the MHD thread that speculated the ECU had been locked but it was just user error. I also recall another post about the dealer updating/resetting someone’s ECU and them losing their tune but again, no mention of it being relocked. Other than that, no mention of it here or in any a90 groups that I’ve seen.
There has been recent posts on a few A90 Facebook groups by tuners using Ecutek, BM3, and MHD...Apparently, the latest OE ECU updates lock out any tune flashes done through OBDII port...There were a couple of folks that recently took their tuned vehicles into service where service flashed an ECU update and now they can not reflash their tunes back...Tuners are current trying to do a work around to open OBDII ports again...

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Yes, newer updates have close the hole to OBD2 flashing. These need to be bench flash first until OBD2 flashing exploit is found again on the newer locked ROMs

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I can't, for the life of me, understand the motivation behind this for a supposedly "tune friendly" platform.. what dumbfuck juice are they drinking these days :banghead::doh:

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Yes, newer updates have close the hole to OBD2 flashing. These need to be bench flash first until OBD2 flashing exploit is found again on the newer locked ROMs
Something like this seems like a MUST for anyone who is/wants to be tuned and still makes trips to the dealer. Have any experience with it?
https://www.bem-auto.com/product/universal-tune-saver/4

And also, is MHD the only option to check DME version, or can I use Ecutek for that as well?

Last edited:

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I can't, for the life of me, understand the motivation behind this for a supposedly "tune friendly" platform.. what dumbfuck juice are they drinking these days :banghead::doh:

I mean, it is tune friendly. you can't really expect them give access without a little fight. Remember they still need to protect their investment a bit.
Something like this seems like a MUST for anyone who is/wants to be tuned and still makes trips to the dealer. Have any experience with it?
https://www.bem-auto.com/product/universal-tune-saver/4

And also, is MHD the only option to check DME version, or can I use Ecutek for that as well?

Any flash tool can check it. As long as it gives you the rom id.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I have the rearview camera recall on my car - I'm guessing I should ignore this if I want to flash my ECU?
Sponsored