ECUTEK ProEcu For BMW B58/2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Do you know what the hp limit (reliably) is for those pure800s? And what if I added flex fuel to that? Could I run full flex fuel with that setup?
I am making 700WHP / 700WTQ on my pure 800 on my personal vehicle. I am still polishing my maps and making impovements and working on a full fuel system package to do this. But the short verson is no you cant run full flex fuel on this turbo and fully utillize it. The high pressure pump is too small, and even with port injection the low pressure pump gets angry at times when its rather warm (I am still testing this, and need to get some more concrete data). Even on the stock turbo there isn't enough fuel to fully utilize it on full E85. I usually tune people for E50. For running the Pure 800 if you want to make real power you need a higher density fuel (like 100 octane) or auxiliary fueling. I will be working over time on a package to handle the fueling and full flex fuel support utilizing port injection down the road.
Sponsored

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I am making 700WHP / 700WTQ on my pure 800 on my personal vehicle. I am still polishing my maps and making impovements and working on a full fuel system package to do this. But the short verson is no you cant run full flex fuel on this turbo and fully utillize it. The high pressure pump is too small, and even with port injection the low pressure pump gets angry at times when its rather warm (I am still testing this, and need to get some more concrete data). Even on the stock turbo there isn't enough fuel to fully utilize it on full E85. I usually tune people for E50. For running the Pure 800 if you want to make real power you need a higher density fuel (like 100 octane) or auxiliary fueling. I will be working over time on a package to handle the fueling and full flex fuel support utilizing port injection down the road.
Got it. What’s the max whp reliably you can do on 91 and pure800 (no alternate fuel type like E85 or meth), and also how about the pure 800, 91 with meth? Is there a way to have 2 maps, 1 for just 91 and 1 with meth because I wouldn’t want to run meth on the car all the time.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Got it. What’s the max whp reliably you can do on 91 and pure800 (no alternate fuel type like E85 or meth), and also how about the pure 800, 91 with meth? Is there a way to have 2 maps, 1 for just 91 and 1 with meth because I wouldn’t want to run meth on the car all the time.
On Ecutek we can make 2 maps that are swithable without reflashing with different targets fo when the meth is on.

I need to go throw my car on the dyno nad see what it maxes out on for ACN91. 480-525 on our dyno is about where I expect the max should really be due to poor fuel quality. And he meth it depends on how much you run. I am not a huge fan of running massive amounts of meth on this car, and I have seen some issues with some kits where I don't get the gains i expect. I actually did some testing with some dye to see where my meth was going and it was actually driftin towards the rear cylinders more, and the plugs matched. So adding 25-50HP with some meth seems rational but pushing it to a crazy level isn't as ideal.

CC²

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium
On Ecutek we can make 2 maps that are swithable without reflashing with different targets fo when the meth is on.

I need to go throw my car on the dyno nad see what it maxes out on for ACN91. 480-525 on our dyno is about where I expect the max should really be due to poor fuel quality. And he meth it depends on how much you run. I am not a huge fan of running massive amounts of meth on this car, and I have seen some issues with some kits where I don't get the gains i expect. I actually did some testing with some dye to see where my meth was going and it was actually driftin towards the rear cylinders more, and the plugs matched. So adding 25-50HP with some meth seems rational but pushing it to a crazy level isn't as ideal.
Hoping we can get my car into the 500's on the shitty CA ACN91 fuel...Fingers crossed...:drive:

OneFastDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Nissan GT-R, 2016 BMW M3
I was thinking going that route like your friend with the pure turbo. currently I have a catless dp with a full acrapovic exhaust and a chargepipe as well as an intake pipe. Can you ask your friend how much hp is he making on 91? My goal for my car is ~500 wheel plus it is my daily as well.
They are still tweaking the tune but I was told that they expect 500whp on 91oct and close to 600whp on e85. One thing they had to do was swap out the stock rear tires for R888R since the car has no traction now and just spins the stock tires very easily.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Does anyone have any updates regarding when RaceRom will be released? Also how would one go about obtaining it (assuming already having ecutek) - I imagine it doesn't automatically update to give you all the up to date features.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Does anyone have any updates regarding when RaceRom will be released? Also how would one go about obtaining it (assuming already having ecutek) - I imagine it doesn't automatically update to give you all the up to date features.
it does't auto update. If you are dealing with a tuner, then you would reach out to your tuner to discuss what you're needs are. As the features in Racerom will be kinda ala carte for the end user. As not everyone will have flex fuel on their car, not everyone will use map switching.
If you are an Ecutek authorized tuner, then just download and install yourself but reaching out to Ecutek and asking about the beta.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Went from MHD stage 2 to Ecutek yesterday. This is on a dyno dynamics, so it'll look lower than what most are used to, but the jump in powet is huge. Planning on hitting the dynojet I usually tune on, on tuesday.

FB_IMG_1596217318088.jpg

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

Marin, how much boost are you seeing since its load targets on pump gas for the Pure800?

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Marin, how much boost are you seeing since its load targets on pump gas for the Pure800?
Honestly I don't even remember I would have to check. I am actually about to go flush my fuel system and throw some ACN91 in to test some stuff. but its somwhere around 24-28PSI if I had to guess.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Went from MHD stage 2 to Ecutek yesterday. This is on a dyno dynamics, so it'll look lower than what most are used to, but the jump in powet is huge. Planning on hitting the dynojet I usually tune on, on tuesday.

FB_IMG_1596217318088.jpg
Did you tested the MHD stage 2 on a dyno? Just to compare.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette

Spraying a bunch of meth into a manifold designed for dry air has never excited me. Thinking it will go where it is supposed to wishful thinking. The solution is to tune for the leanest cylinder and let the other ones run fat. It reminds me of years ago when we used to use the windshield washer bottles and nozzles to spray water down the secondary throats of the carburetors to suppress detonation when we added aftermarket turbo kits.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Spraying a bunch of meth into a manifold designed for dry air has never excited me. Thinking it will go where it is supposed to wishful thinking. The solution is to tune for the leanest cylinder and let the other ones run fat. It reminds me of years ago when we used to use the windshield washer bottles and nozzles to spray water down the secondary throats of the carburetors to suppress detonation when we added aftermarket turbo kits.
That and drive to the airport and fill up with av gas.

Rapheal

First Name
Rapheal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

From your point of view. Do you think the reason for the unequal spreading of meth in the cylinders is from the design of the manifold? Or from the location of the methanol jet? (For example, if we moved the methanol jet further away from the manifold. it has more time to mix with air. Which will eventually spread equally to all cylinders? assuming that the manifold design is perfect.) Or are there other reasons?
Sponsored