Manual Supra pricing

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
You are high hoping and dreaming big to be able to get a white/red + 6 speed when they launch for Msrp. Expect those to go for $10-20k over sticker
They said the same when I put money down on my A91 the day after it was announced. "You'll never get it for MSRP". Sure did.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't care about a manual "being slower" I just want to drive my cars.
LMAO yeah because having to push a pedal in changes EVERYTHING ?
I drive my Supra in manual mode 100% and it's no less engaging than a regular manual. You can even use the center stick as a sequential box if you so desire.
There's a reason all flagships and in most cases ALL of the cars for exotic builders are flappy paddle shifters. They're better.
There's no difference in between pulling a lever back, or a paddle. Other than having to push in the clutch. And if you're good enough, you don't even need to do that between gears.

I've driven a semi my whole adult life, 13+ manual gears, 80,000 lbs, up a mountain, snow, ice, you name it. THAT'S driving.
Driving a manual car vs a flappy paddle car in manual is all about ego. "Look, I'm DRIVING my car rather than a computer"
Yup! That manual transmission took out the electronic fuel system, power steering, power assisted brakes, TCS, SCS, ABS, and all the other 3 letter acronyms you can think of.
It's a joke lol.
When I buy a performance car, I want performance parts. Not neuter it with a slow manual. That's like saying to Usain Bolt, here go running! But instead of Nike's, you get flip flops, because you'll feel more "connected" :rofl:

Anyway.
FB_IMG_1643061972459.jpg

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
LMAO yeah because having to push a pedal in changes EVERYTHING ?
I drive my Supra in manual mode 100% and it's no less engaging than a regular manual.
I love my auto Supra and am sold on the ZF. I would never trade it for the manual Supra. That said, this statement ridiculous.

There are dozens of small things that can drastically change a driving experience - heavier steering feel vs overly boosted steering, stiffer bushings for suspension components, firmer motor and transmission mounts, less sound deadening to make the car seem more visceral, thickness of the steering wheel, hell even being able to drive with the windows down without getting wind buffeted to death can all make huge changes in the driving experience. If this is the case then how can something as drastic as how you shift gears not make a difference in driver engagement? It will absolutely make a difference.

I regularly take my Supra to track days and after 3 years of driving my manual transmission Camaro on the tracks it feels weird not having to plan my shifts in the Supra. In my Supra it’s much more calm. At Barber Motorsports Park the instructors state that the manual drivers will have to make over a 100 more major muscle movements per lap than the PDK drivers (PCA instructors).

Manual transmissions are irrefutably more engaging. Whether or not you enjoy that engagement varies by the person. It would seem that you do not enjoy that type of engagement in a sports car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love my auto Supra and am sold on the ZF. I would never trade it for the manual Supra. That said, this statement ridiculous.

There are dozens of small things that can drastically change a driving experience - heavier steering feel vs overly boosted steering, stiffer bushings for suspension components, firmer motor and transmission mounts, less sound deadening to make the car seem more visceral, thickness of the steering wheel, hell even being able to drive with the windows down without getting wind buffeted to death can all make huge changes in the driving experience. If this is the case then how can something as drastic as how you shift gears not make a difference in driver engagement? It will absolutely make a difference.

I regularly take my Supra to track days and after 3 years of driving my manual transmission Camaro on the tracks it feels weird not having to plan my shifts in the Supra. In my Supra it’s much more calm. At Barber Motorsports Park the instructors state that the manual drivers will have to make over a 100 more major muscle movements per lap than the PDK drivers (PCA instructors).

Manual transmissions are irrefutably more engaging. Whether or not you enjoy that engagement varies by the person. It would seem that you do not enjoy that type of engagement in a sports car.
I enjoy it just fine. But you're talking about racing on a track, something most never experience. I'm talking day to day driving. Very different.

AirAlexie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So, I happened to call up a couple of local dealer about the manual Supra 3/4 confirmed it, one of them some salesperson had no clue what I was talking about (probably had no clue what they were doing in general lol). 2/4 dealers wanted between 2-5k over sticker on any Supra. Finally I landed at this one dealership where they are going to sell the car to me for MSRP. I ended up leaving a refundable deposit on an order, since dealers have not gotten any order allocations for the manual. I have been staying in touch with my sales guy there, he said that the manual should go into production May/June, and should be arriving at dealerships between June-November. So fingers crossed that they begin to arrive somewhere closer to the June end of expectation. I am going to be ordering mine in a 3.0 premium with the White Absolute Zero exterior and the red interior. Absolutely ecstatic on the news of the Supra coming in a manual, planning on trading in my 2020 BMW 330xi for the Supra and just daily driving it.
I really hope this goes through for you, but unless you have it in writing with signatures across the Board, do not go by what that salesman says.

a White Supra with Red interior and 6 speed manual? Boy that’s going to command at least a $10K Markup. No dealership will say no to an extra $10K. I mean, would you? Lol.

the dealership’s owner, Sales Manager and District Manager are the ones who Call those shots, a salesman does not.

you still have time, go in there and get it in writing of what you’re buying and HOW MUCH you’ll pay.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I really hope this goes through for you, but unless you have it in writing with signatures across the Board, do not go by what that salesman says.

a White Supra with Red interior and 6 speed manual? Boy that’s going to command at least a $10K Markup. No dealership will say no to an extra $10K. I mean, would you? Lol.

the dealership’s owner, Sales Manager and District Manager are the ones who Call those shots, a salesman does not.

you still have time, go in there and get it in writing of what you’re buying and HOW MUCH you’ll pay.
This is exactly what I said, salesmen do not get to call sales prices, thats why whenever you negotiate or try to they always have to go check with a sales manager or the GM.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Word is there is some interesting “testing” being done at TAPG as we speak. :cool:

Jamassi

First Name
Edreus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 refraction blue Supra 2003 Mitsubishi Evo
They said the same when I put money down on my A91 the day after it was announced. "You'll never get it for MSRP". Sure did.
Yeah when brand new 2020’s could be had for $45k. Not the same anymore

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Yeah when brand new 2020’s could be had for $45k. Not the same anymore
I still never saw that, that’s 2k below msrp and not once did I ever see a 3.0 even base for that price.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last edited:

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Exactly. And the below MSRP sales were at the height of the pandemic. I ordered my car before it all started here in the U.S. (February/March 2020)
Exactly. And the below MSRP sales were at the height of the pandemic. I ordered my car before it all started here in the U.S. (February/March 2020)

Edit: February 17th
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/officially-ordered-my-a91-edition.3426/
so which post shows the actual msrp you paid? I don’t see anything on there for any 3.0 in the 47k range and based on the first couple pages I read you still paid at least 53k before tt&l

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did pay MSRP. I wasn't the one saying $45k lol. Think it was $58k and change before TTL.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I did pay MSRP. I wasn't the one saying $45k lol. Think it was $58k and change before TTL.
Oooh I thought you were defending his comment about getting 2020s for in the 45k range.
Sponsored