MKV Supra in Detail: Models, Engines, Transmission, Colors, Interiors, Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT
Wow, 335hp would be alright if this thing weighed in under 2800lbs... or I accidentally time traveled back to the year 2000. Please be 2000, please be 2000.
Sponsored

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Honestly, if they aren't that different and the panels are interchangable id totally Rock a Z4 with the Toyota Looks. I WANT A convertible/Targa Dammit!

Might be just me.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m still staying positive....there has to be more to this. All this info so far has been from unofficial ā€œreputableā€ sources. If the FT-1 will truly have the above specs, it will not be labeled a Supra....i think Toyota knows that too. At this point, letā€™s hope we can squeeze some crazy power outta this bastardized creation...lol.

Nati Beastcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1977 FJ40 Landcruiser - 1987 Buick Grand National
I don't think anyone doubts the car will have some pretty sweet lines or look good....but it is not about the looks, it is the performance that appears to be a big let down for $60K...I will remain hopefully that the quote of 335hp 40i is not correct....
Exactly

Kia has a 365 Hp car for 38k...KIA! And Toyota is gonna bring the Supra their top of the line sports car with 380....If it had been 450+ Hp I was gonna look at one.

How the hell do you put a Bmw motor in your flagship car? Itā€™s like ford saying weā€™ve decided to put a hellcat motor in the new GT500

991GTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, Gen2 Raptor
From what I understand from both Bimmerpost and A70TTR is that its suppose to be shorter than the MK4. Also newer BMWs that have switched to the their new modular platform have saved like 200-300lbs. Plus weight savings from being a hardtop vs a convertible like the Z4.
Cool. I had a E92 M3. I loved the 4.0 V8 but it was a heavy car. The Supra is going to have to be light to negate the lack of hp. Hopefully it's not a complete flop when we see it next month. Toyota really cock teased me with the FT-1.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
you have to realize that even if credible, rumors are rumors even from me... Toyota and BMW are going to continue to do whatever they feel like and eventually we will be able to see their vision.

until then, a lot of things are up in the air and will continue to be until the cars are released (mostly things that can be changed like power levels, tires, brake pads, shiftmaps, options, etc).

Hammad

First Name
Hammad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 TT supra 6 Spd, 1994 TT auto and 1994 Supra 5 spd TT converted from N/A.
I think its all speculations.......... I dont believe it until i see it coming directly from the dealer and time is near so the wait is not long.

I am getting one regardless!.

Im ready to put a down payment now!

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm still waiting for an official press release from Toyota. However, these rumors have me bummed out because I really like the looks of the FT-1 and want to see a new Supra. But if the rumors are true let the Supra badge R.I.P. TOYOTA!!!

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I don't think anyone doubts the car will have some pretty sweet lines or look good....but it is not about the looks, it is the performance that appears to be a big let down for $60K...I will remain hopefully that the quote of 335hp 40i is not correct....
even if its 335hp on paper, i bet it will be closer to 350hp on dyno. also it may not be $60k. the price range from Calty was $50k-$60k.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I doubt it'll be 60k, they said they are marketing well below BMW. The 240i for example is around 45k.
I also hope they will price it reasonably. If it is any higher than that I bet many will just buy a C7 and call it a day.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
What about the hybrid GRMN?
I'm not sure about the hybrid part, but yeah lets not forget about the GRMN model. For the US market I view the "335hp" as the equivalent of the old NA 220hp model. I'm really hoping rumors of a top level 400hp+ GRMN are true.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Exactly

Kia has a 365 Hp car for 38k...KIA! And Toyota is gonna bring the Supra their top of the line sports car with 380....If it had been 450+ Hp I was gonna look at one.

How the hell do you put a Bmw motor in your flagship car? Itā€™s like ford saying weā€™ve decided to put a hellcat motor in the new GT500
Oh god...that would be embarrassing if Kia had a car with more horsepower than the legendary Supra...please dont let that happen Toyota....

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
I'm not sure about the hybrid part, but yeah lets not forget about the GRMN model. For the US market I view the "335hp" as the equivalent of the old NA 220hp model. I'm really hoping rumors of a top level 400hp+ GRMN are true.
That is my understanding also, the GRMN models will not be coming to North America unfortunately....

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
That is my understanding also, the GRMN models will not be coming to North America unfortunately....
Do you really think they won't bring it over here? I mean we're just the 2nd largest market for the MK4 after all... What they said was the Gazoo/GRMN name wasn't making it too the US. It could just be called something else over here.

Oh god...that would be embarrassing if Kia had a car with more horsepower than the legendary Supra...please dont let that happen Toyota....
Look at the whole picture. That thing comes in at 3,829 lbs.

Last edited:

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
I hope for sure they do, as we are told it will be a higher spec model (which I want personally). Totally agree with you from a sales point of view, North America is a huge market and you would think they would want to sell as many units as possible....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.