MKV Supra in Detail: Models, Engines, Transmission, Colors, Interiors, Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
At least we know something. All of that info sounds believable.

Finally it comes out that this car is essentially just a BMW, far cry from "co-developed." On all of the prototypes/mules, I had assumed all of the interior would eventually be Toyota-sourced. I mean, it's not quite a Honda Passport but it sounds like we're getting an off-the-shelf BMW Z4 coupe with some Toyota badges.

Will be interesting to see if we get something interesting. :D
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
So does that mean the US is only getting the 380hp version?

J29

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, M3
BMW with a Gazoo body and wheels right?

Still way better looking than a z4

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
For us Canadians, most models come here fully optioned or very few too choose from.

If this spec info. is accurate, I agree with 991GTS, it appears to be ending up a much different car than I was hoping for....more like a 86 on steroids and quite different than the gen MKIV....:(

turboflgrl

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd hardtop & 93 Miata
Toyota calling this the MKV Supra would be an embarrassment. It’s just a rebadged BMW through and through. What a let down...

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
So then tell me Toyota, why on earth would I want to spend $60k on your version of the $60k BMW???? I still believe that there will be more to this new “halo” car. If not, Toyota is dead to me...

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
So then tell me Toyota, why on earth would I want to spend $60k on your version of the $60k BMW???? I still believe that there will be more to this new “halo” car. If not, Toyota is dead to me...
Well, it may actually look good, much unlike the Z4 (or any other new BMW for that matter). The mule can still hide some pretty sweet lines.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
335hp that's it? Didn't the last Supra have 330 hp, 25 years ago? This thing is ending up a much different car than I was hoping for.
Yeah but the last one weighted like 3,500lbs. I believe A70TTR said the new one should come in around the 2,900lbs mark. Either way, it doesn't really look good for marketing purpose. :lol:

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Well, it may actually look good, much unlike the Z4 (or any other new BMW for that matter). The mule can still hide some pretty sweet lines.
I don't think anyone doubts the car will have some pretty sweet lines or look good....but it is not about the looks, it is the performance that appears to be a big let down for $60K...I will remain hopefully that the quote of 335hp 40i is not correct....

991GTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, Gen2 Raptor
Yeah but the last one weighted like 3,500lbs. I believe A70TTR said the new one should come in around the 2,900lbs mark. Either way, it doesn't really look good for marketing purpose. :lol:
Yeah the MKIV was heavy but BMW is not known for light cars so we'll see what the actual weight ends up being. I'd be surprised if it's close to or under 3000.
Still 330 hp was a lot of horsepower in '93. 335 in 2018 I definitely wouldn't put in the sports car category. Sporty Coupe at best. It's a shame they are using the Supra moniker for this car. These numbers are much more 2019 Toyota Celica. That's what this should of been named.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I don't think anyone doubts the car will have some pretty sweet lines or look good....but it is not about the looks, it is the performance that appears to be a big let down for $60K...I will remain hopefully that the quote of 335hp 40i is not correct....
I doubt it'll be 60k, they said they are marketing well below BMW. The 240i for example is around 45k.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Yeah the MKIV was heavy but BMW is not known for light cars so we'll see what the actual weight ends up being. I'd be surprised if it's close to or under 3000.
Still 330 hp was a lot of horsepower in '93. 335 in 2018 I definitely wouldn't put in the sports car category. Sporty Coupe at best. It's a shame they are using the Supra moniker for this car. These numbers are much more 2019 Toyota Celica. That's what this should of been named.
From what I understand from both Bimmerpost and A70TTR is that its suppose to be shorter than the MK4. Also newer BMWs that have switched to the their new modular platform have saved like 200-300lbs. Plus weight savings from being a hardtop vs a convertible like the Z4.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.