New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
^ I believe I read it a few days ago on one of the articles w/ an interview BMW had for the Z4 posted on one of the Z4 threads on this forum somewhere. If I come across it again I'll edit and update my post with it when I get a chance.
I think what you're referring to is from this other thread:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/vln-nordschleife-premiere-for-toyota-supra-a90.1416/page-4

Captain_Kirk posted a video by a Youtuber (Matt Maran) saying a spy photographer reported BMW is planning on keeping the higher variant B58.
Sponsored

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think what you're referring to is from this other thread:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/vln-nordschleife-premiere-for-toyota-supra-a90.1416/page-4

Captain_Kirk posted a video by a Youtuber (Matt Maran) saying a spy photographer reported BMW is planning on keeping the higher variant B58.
That's what it was...thanks for clarifying that for me. So many articles, rumors, threads through out the many years. It's just all starting to blend together and hard to keep track of.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Thought B58 with iron bottom and revised head was the 3jz you all are referring to.
I’m partly messing around, but what you posted doesn’t seem too controversial to the point of breaking the internet. Whatever Toyota supposedly has in store for us has got to be big if it turned one of our biggest skeptics into a believer lol

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Exactly my point. I know the "regular" MKV will be somewhere between 50-65k. But I'd rather get a new or a slightly used LC500 for a bit more.

The serialized MKV won't be cheap, I would say +85k at least. Which compared to the LC500 would be a steal. The LC-F will be the top of the line Toyota/Lexus vehicle at $150-$170k and probably serialized as well. Price wise, yes they're completely targeting a different audience. But in a show room, a 650hp LC-F and a 500hp MKV don't look that much different.

My guess is Toyota is making their own 3JZ using the B58. I would go further and say even the bottom end would be further reinforced. Along with a decent looking valve cover with "Toyota" stamped into it and you have a pretty good internet-breaking recipe.

I get what you are saying but the LC500/LCF and Supra is apples to oranges, completely different cars and purposes. I would assume that potential customers for these two cars won’t cross shop and know what they are buying when choosing either one.

like a Mercedes AMG GTS compared to S63 coupe or SL63, all completely different cars but similar pricing.

outofstep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK3 Supra, MK4 Supra, 650S, BMW 335I, XRunner
Here's something that should be able to be talked to, because it doesn't give away anything.

The supposed special versions. Is the plan for them to be built in a Toyota plant, using Toyota sourced accessories/parts? Maybe not exclusively Toyota. But at least using TPS processies, that way we are getting the benefits of their RCCA/PFMECA for reliability.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
I don't know about the whole "$50k-$65k" for the "regular" one. I am thinking more along the lines of $45k-$55k for the regular ones....and up to $65k for the "special" cars. Remember, $65k today would put the MKV Supra in the similar price point as it was during the MKIV era....for the top range model.
For a serialized car, $65K is very affordable and I'm not complaining but for that price it won't be as limited or "unobtanium" as you say unless Toyota wants to shoot itself in the foot. It's gonna be more of a Z06 to a Corvette, a GT350 to a Mustang, or even closer to home an RC-F to an RC which aren't rare by any means. You made me think it was more of an ACR to a Viper.

Basically, it will be the new GTE for the MKV as you implied.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
For a serialized car, $65K is very affordable and I'm not complaining but for that price it won't be as limited or "unobtanium" as you say unless Toyota wants to shoot itself in the foot. It's gonna be more of a Z06 to a Corvette, a GT350 to a Mustang, or even closer to home an RC-F to an RC which aren't rare by any means. You made me think it was more of an ACR to a Viper.

Basically, it will be the new GTE for the MKV as you implied.
“Unobtainium” in terms of limited production per year....not price. Folks who will be ready to buy these “special” cars will probably pay well over MSRP for them, if they are lucky enough to get a spot on the list. Like I said, until the smoke clears.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope the basic engine is shared between all six cylinder models, but detuned for lower spec.

One thing I liked about the 2JZ was that ultimately the GE was still a very tough engine compared to the GTE.
Probably "weaker" pistons and or rods for the basic six, and fully forged everything else for the top tier. Just like the 2JZ's :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Dude....where the hell have you been???
Without getting into too much detail, my dad's been sick so I've had to come down to TX to take care of him. On top of that, I've been really busy with work, so pretty much all the hobby stuff has been put on hold. Haven't been able to work on my cars, make YouTube videos, or really anything as of late.

Such is life though, and anyone who's a bit older or has older parents knows that your obligation to them comes first! Regardless, I'll try to get on a bit more. I'm still planning on covering NAIAS for you guys, so don't worry about that!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.