New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Saw a video on FB showing it reving while parked. Sounded decent there too. A bit more BMW sounding, but still good.

Jeff

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
BMW Supplied B58B30M1
Two different people close to the project told me that the engine used for this run is the new iron block I6, so from that I'd say this statement is incorrect (at least in part).

The motor very may well end up with a B58 designation in order to keep things secret, but it will end in some other version number/nomenclature.

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
So apparently there are former Yamaha people working on the sound of this car. And there has been consideration under the bonnet for room for a big single turbina.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So apparently there are former Yamaha people working on the sound of this car. And there has been consideration under the bonnet for room for a big single turbina.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)
Source?

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
With everything I have read so far about the development of this car. this is the vibe m getting from Tada and Toyota

We will give you a car like the MKIV, A nice looking fast car that would satisfy someone that has never owned a supra before but knows that a supra is suppose to be a fast car.

Then for all ye previous and current supra owner, we did not forget about you. You remember how you guys discovered the capabilty of the MKIV, that's exactly what we want you to do with this one too. Only difference this time is that its not a secret the MKV is capable of more.

I think at this point, The pricing is what most of us should be concerned about.

As for interior Pieces That was shown like the stearing, gear selector, etc. I have a feeling Toyota showed us what they Know can easily be changed for the production car IF THEY DECIDE TO.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Just got word back from an engineer over on the other side, and they said the car does not have 400hp+ and that Tada's comment was taken out of context.

As I suspected honestly...

That being said, could still be above 350, even though I think that's still the number it's making.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.