New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
im not sure where to put this, but feel free to merge mods. also names were edited out. i may have left out a few things. there were a lot of comments lol.

for those that want to skip most of the conversation:

*wont be B58, but BMW made engine, co-developed by Toyota
*will weight like 300lbs less than Z4
*uni-body is different from Z4
*the block surprise will us
*Yamaha will have a role in the sound of the car
*probably no go on pop up wing
*maybe the return of Celica with 4 banger / shorter hood
*$60k will probably be fully loaded model

facebook1.jpg

facebook2.jpg

facebook3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
glad to see there's a few of us lurking in the same places :p

regardless of how this car actually is - and i want it to be a weapon, being supra tragic (all generations) - hunting around for clues and hints and snippets of information is fun.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I think it sounds a little better in this video.

it sounds a lot better than B58 BMW engines (source: youtube exhaust rev videos) imho. A lot raspier....

one can still dream of something that sounds as incredible as the M88/3.... despite turbochargers effectively being mufflers as well...

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
The screenshots missed the part where he said it's very unlikely that would happen; it was just a comment to spark conversation.

That said, he runs VERY close to my circle but is closer to Tada than I am by a mile, so you can absolutely trust what he's saying. Unfortunately for both of us, we can only drop hints for many of the details... He has more though.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The screenshots missed the part where he said it's very unlikely that would happen; it was just a comment to spark conversation.

That said, he runs VERY close to my circle but is closer to Tada than I am by a mile, so you can absolutely trust what he's saying. Unfortunately for both of us, we can only drop hints for many of the details... He has more though.
Some might say he has too much lol. Love him to bits though, someone I genuinely look up to a lot.

GT-Four

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica
Can anyone share the source of the info if possible. If privacy is a concern I do understand. But if any more info is posted, can it please be shared. This info trickling in is great!

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can anyone share the source of the info if possible. If privacy is a concern I do understand. But if any more info is posted, can it please be shared. This info trickling in is great!
If we give out the source, fans, lurkers and probably journalists will be going ham on asking for more.

If anything more comes, we'll just wait and see

supra85

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86 with Volk 37 SL wheels
Is the new Supra supposed to be in the level on a GTR??

"Heaving aside the street drag race credits, if you really boil it down to stock vs stock, the two cars are very different in approach and focus this time.

The GT-R is a heavy-weight monster with big power, meats of tires, and sophisticated electronics to govern all that in mad science art, and that is how it gets a big car hauled around a race course with speed. It depends on the digital as well as raw abundance of grip and power.

The new A90 is the sort of the car where simplicity, and lack of weight, and with just rear wheels driven is the accolade and virtue. The expense is in the honing of details and use of advanced materials to reduce weights and refine the mechanical analog part of the car.
Produces the same lap time, with more efficiency and less consumables taken, and with more freedom for the drivers to choose lines and apexes.
One could say that the A90 is leaning more european in approach, while the GTR is more American, optimized for what performance car buyers tend to see in cars? Maybe.

There is only really preference."

Toyota is also testing at the Toyota's Hokkaido Shibetsu Test Area to keep the final A90 away from the public.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...a3189fab22f5ec!8m2!3d44.1855673!4d142.2187216

Last edited:

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Is the new Supra supposed to be in the level on a GTR??

"Heaving aside the street drag race credits, if you really boil it down to stock vs stock, the two cars are very different in approach and focus this time.

The GT-R is a heavy-weight monster with big power, meats of tires, and sophisticated electronics to govern all that in mad science art, and that is how it gets a big car hauled around a race course with speed. It depends on the digital as well as raw abundance of grip and power.

The new A90 is the sort of the car where simplicity, and lack of weight, and with just rear wheels driven is the accolade and virtue. The expense is in the honing of details and use of advanced materials to reduce weights and refine the mechanical analog part of the car.
Produces the same lap time, with more efficiency and less consumables taken, and with more freedom for the drivers to choose lines and apexes.
One could say that the A90 is leaning more european in approach, while the GTR is more American, optimized for what performance car buyers tend to see in cars? Maybe.

There is only really preference."

Toyota is also testing at the Toyota's Hokkaido Shibetsu Test Area to keep the final A90 away from the public.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...a3189fab22f5ec!8m2!3d44.1855673!4d142.2187216

This quote is from?

greaseman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rx7 FC
I don't think the mood swings I get from the news here is good for my health. Right now I'm definitely feeling more of an upper, I very much like hearing that it's getting similar lap times to a GTR.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.