• Total voters

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
In Doug's video, it said the manual was due to both customer feedback and competition. Some of you guys see things solely in black and white. Another thing that I find odd is that people are now saying the manual was offered because Toyota listened to the buyers... months ago while you were bashing the possibility of a manual offering, weren't you the same people that kept telling all of us that it was never going to happen and that no one was going to buy it? Let's stop talking out of both sides of your mouths. In closing, it would be nice if more of us started acting more like car enthusiasts and less like fanboys.

Sponsored

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
“The six cylinder Supra starts at $60-$70 thousand dollars”

I feel ashamed I gave these guys another view. Seriously, how hard is it to do basic research into your topic? The whole premise of this video is to compare the two cars. Even the first graphic says “Supra Killer???”

Also they’re talking to each other about the driving dynamics of the Z then one of them says “I don’t know anyone who’s driven the Z.”

1653588271005.gif

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
“The six cylinder Supra starts at $60-$70 thousand dollars”
lol, that's as bad as the reviewers driving in the $55k premium Z and then using the $40k base model's price when making comparisons to other cars. I'd love to see them try to take that $40k base model with an open diff and 245s around the track.

And before anybody says "BuT tHe Z iSnT 55k!", it is once you add in paint and floor mats. Meanwhile I got my 3.0 Supra Premium off the lot, brand new, for $50k, including paint, floor mats, and trunk mat!

Last edited:

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
I was able to glean some of this just from the reactions of 'tubers driving the Z and not really giving reviews. Every time they'd get on the throttle the backend would start to step out and they'd giggle.

The "20k cheaper Z" vs a 3.0 Supra on an actual road track will be comically left behind.

As for Toyota not doing this themselves, well that's today's Toyota. It would take a lot of time and money to build this car and the production volume wouldn't make sense in their world.

I'm sure people would still have found a reason to complain.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
The summary posted on the Z forum is so different, and the community is surprisingly silent about the video.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...onversation-on-new-z-in-carmudgeon-show.1198/
That's because the Z forum is cancer.

Reading more into some of their threads, I am amazed at the level of coping, seething and the spewing of all sorts of misinformation is hilarious to me. They need to seek help, for real.

They act like the GR Supra stole their girl in the 5th grade and gave them a wedgie or some shit. Fucking losers. 💀💀

Last edited:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Bro... do you seriously believe if it had not been for the Z Proto that we would have a manual for 2023. Toyota would just have been happy selling 6k of these things a year in the US. No competition, then what's the point of changes and upgrades? Just like the 90s when the 300ZX and RX7 were cut from the lineup. Toyota didn't give a rat's ass about the almighty MK4. I'm sure it also cost Toyota quite a few shiny pennies to finally have a manual in this thing. Some of you guys need to take a marketing and product development course. :p
Of course I do, because we have spoken to people who kept saying that the manual was being first serious considered, then developed well before the Z became a thing.

One of the people who told me that the manual was being considered and was nigh on development around mid-late 2020 was @Guff himself.

Last edited:

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Of course I do, because we have spoken to people who kept saying that the manual was being first serious considered, then developed well before the Z became a thing.

One of the people who told me that the manual was being considered and was nigh on development around mid-late 2020 was @Guff himself.
Who exactly have you spoken to? Or are we just making random comments...

I'm well aware of what Guff has said regarding the manual. I even watched him live stream on youtube during the lockdown where he said he has heard of the manual in the testing phase but remains doubtful if it will ever see the light of day. So many insiders have said something similar to that. Again, no one is saying Toyota wasn't testing a manual. Our point is that the upcoming Z was probably one of the reasons that finally made Toyota say yes.

FYI, you guys do know Z test mules were already driving around in 2019. ;)

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
The media and all these a$$ clown youtubers are a straight up cringe fest, it's the same thing with the new Acura Integra.

Apologise this, excuse that, like goddamn just f@ck off already, but then they downplay the cars that are actually really good just because those cars don't line up with their personal biases.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
The media and all these a$$ clown youtubers are a straight up cringe fest, it's the same thing with the new Acura Integra.
tuber and grammer culture has worn into traditional auto rags via osmosis. Even conservative outlets like consumer reports are not immune.

Don't you know, it's coooool to know nothing? 🫣

I'm at the point where I can trust my own ass in the seat and that's about it lol.

Last edited:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
tuber and grammer culture has worn into traditional auto rags via osmosis. Even conservative outlets like consumer reports are not immune.

Don't you know, it's coooool to know nothing? 🫣

I'm at the point where I can trust my own ass in the seat and that's about it lol.
Pre TOXIC So called - "Social Media' the press was the only real source etc. A test for yourself is always the best barometer. The press gives indications but biased by the idiot behind the wheel/typewriter lol.

I rarely watch any stupid toxic social media reviews. I read a forum and look for well made posts by an owner, discuss with real owners and make myself aware of the issues a car might have. Then test.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Here is the reality of it:
  1. Toyota was absolutely aware the new Z was coming back in 2019 and probably earlier. They are one of the world's biggest car manufacturers - they know what their competition is up to.
  2. The "We did it for the fans and due to your feedback" is marketing/PR bullshit. I work for a huge tech company who has entire teams and divisions of marketing/PR dedicated to it's brands, and work directly on one of those brands. They would never ever approve a message like "Oh yea we are simply releasing a new feature because our competitors announced it first". The default message is always "We're doing it for YOU, loyal fanbase!"
It's pretty simple - they have been working on this behind the scenes for a while, and invested the resources into finishing the R&D and testing once they had a good idea of when the new Z would actually hit production. It is not some random coincidence the manual Supra is releasing at exactly the right time to hamstring the competition's new product.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Who exactly have you spoken to? Or are we just making random comments...

I'm well aware of what Guff has said regarding the manual. I even watched him live stream on youtube during the lockdown where he said he has heard of the manual in the testing phase but remains doubtful if it will ever see the light of day. So many insiders have said something similar to that. Again, no one is saying Toyota wasn't testing a manual. Our point is that the upcoming Z was probably one of the reasons that finally made Toyota say yes.

FYI, you guys do know Z test mules were already driving around in 2019. ;)
Nope. I've spoken to more people than Guff as well. The point is that throughout development there was no mention of the Z.

Nobody denies that the Z existing ensured Toyota to do it well, but the primary reason was because of customer demand.

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Nope. I've spoken to more people than Guff as well. The point is that throughout development there was no mention of the Z.

Nobody denies that the Z existing ensured Toyota to do it well, but the primary reason was because of customer demand.
Bro… at your age it’s not healthy to talk with imaginary people. :p