Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Understandable. Pure ripping people off with a first turbo upgrade in the market would want to keep the hype up. Why wouldn't they just publish the specs of their product on the web ???? Vargas has a B58 turbo same size for $1,400 and the Supra fitment is almost released. With 2 companies offering the same product soon I bet their cockiness will end.
Just because they do not release specs on their kits, does not mean they are ripping people off
Pure are very well known for the reliability and power of their kits.

I do not want to turn this thread into Vargas vs Pure discussion as i like both brands but i feel its unfair to throw accuse them of ripping people off all because you do not like their pricing or lack of info

Advertisement

Zupraman

First Name
Curtis
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, the Suprastore talks about the Pure turbo. The P700 is a 60mm compressor wheel, which is not that far off from the 57mm that Drift Motion has. Plus Drift Motion has a 60mm in the works, but it requires an adaptor for the intake inlet.
I don't believe the Pure700 is sold anymore by PureTurbos. The Pure800 has a larger wheel than the Pure700 did.

*Update. It may be possible for you to special order it from PureTurbos... I haven't confirmed this.

Last edited:

a90moe

First Name
Moe
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Dyno I made a few weeks back..

522whp 539wtq

Pure800 93 pump gas + 50/50 water meth for cooling + ECUTEK by Payn

Dyno 1.jpg

Should receive a new improved map with latest Racerom

Jeff Payn made 566whp 585wtq running a Pure700 91 octane only on said updated map

Turbo has been absolutely great so far

[email protected]

Gold Sponsor
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I don't believe the Pure700 is sold anymore by PureTurbos. The Pure800 has a larger wheel than the Pure700 did.

*Update. It may be possible for you to special order it from PureTurbos... I haven't confirmed this.
For future reference I am able to order in Pure 700's for those wanting them. I think they are a great balance.

METAL

First Name
K2
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten GR Supra
For future reference I am able to order in Pure 700's for those wanting them. I think they are a great balance.
What would determine the right turbo for a person?

Say one only plans to use 91oct or ethanol mixes but no meth?

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Question is, the 21 kinda changes power dynamic a bit right? Where pure700 is a good balance of stock and high end power in 20, the 21 may actually do well on stock with fbo. Do we have any comparisons yet?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Supra MKV, BMW 135i, BMW 335xi, Mazda 6 Twin Turbo,
Question is, the 21 kinda changes power dynamic a bit right? Where pure700 is a good balance of stock and high end power in 20, the 21 may actually do well on stock with fbo. Do we have any comparisons yet?
same turbo. 2021 will have same power as 2020 on stock turbo and upgrades. dynamic doe,t change really. 2021 tune change simply reduces the boost taper off over 5000rpms.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
same turbo. 2021 will have same power as 2020 on stock turbo and upgrades. dynamic doe,t change really. 2021 tune change simply reduces the boost taper off over 5000rpms.
Yeah that's what I mean though, given 21 doesn't taper as much in stock form

[email protected]

Gold Sponsor
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah that's what I mean though, given 21 doesn't taper as much in stock form
A lot of this is from a more aggressive tune just from the lower compression. The dynamic isnt really a difference. On higher tier fuels and larger turbines I don't forsee the 2021 being beneficial until you get to the very high power in which we might start needing more flow through the head.

Advertisement

Advertisement