ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Put the jb4 in whatever exhaust flap mode you want, then restart the car. Should work just fine after that. I had the same issue. Contact burger for the license reset as well.
Got it, thanks! I contacted the JB4 Mobile guys and sent a screenshot with the error. They unlinked it within an hour.
Sponsored

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Finally installed the JB4 tonight. Less than an hour install, taking my time, plenty of zipties.

What I didn't realize... is that the app pairs a JB4 unit to only one app user at a time. If you buy a pre-owned JB4, and they haven't unlinked the app, you can't actually connect to your own JB4. No changing maps or custom settings. Update: just got fixed, just email the JB4 mobile a screenshot of the error.

Also, the exhaust flap was wide open at cold start. I played with the whole "BC" thing, but when I put it in auto, flap stayed closed in sport mode anyway. Probably something I can fix when connected.

That aside, previous owner's Map 6 is killer already:cool: Can't wait to get the app sorted out to get started tuning.
How does the car feel on the hit? Is the throttle responsive and predictable?

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How does the car feel on the hit? Is the throttle responsive and predictable?
Curious to hear this myself.
Yes and yes so far. Near stock smoothness, much better than JB+. Definitely more power. TC is kicking in much more. I'll give some more feedback after a couple weeks of driving, and will share a solid OTS Map6 for MT cars after I do some more datalogging.

Update: unfortunately, I experience the surging issue again like the JB+. At least I have the JB4 to datalog. It is throttle closing, DME pulling boost. These MT cars really hate added boost under 4500 rpm... At least I can dial down the torque and keep the peak power as is.

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Can you post a picture of one of your data log pulls? In graph mode? Curious to see what it's actually doing.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
This is really cool 😎 Glad to see you’re able to do all this and the burger 🍔 boyz are able to help! I’ll never do it myself. But sure is fun to learn more about this stuff. Great share 😃

S2gizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
00 Honda S2000: 23 Supra Manual
Yes and yes so far. Near stock smoothness, much better than JB+. Definitely more power. TC is kicking in much more. I'll give some more feedback after a couple weeks of driving, and will share a solid OTS Map6 for MT cars after I do some more datalogging.
A shared OTS Map 6 would be awesome. Thanks for doing this!

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you post a picture of one of your data log pulls? In graph mode? Curious to see what it's actually doing.
Unfortunately, the throttle was surging again this AM, just like it did with my JB+. Not very happy about that, seeing as yesterday's first JB4 drive was smooth as butter (but so was the JB+)

Here's my log. It definitely needs some work. Remember this is just the previous owner's map 6 - similar to Map 4.

https://datazap.me/u/coloneladama/me-map-6-e30-20psi?log=0&data=1-4-9

I'm not hitting my boost targets, FF is not well matched to WGDC, trims are a bit high (not sure why at only 18-20 psi on 2.5 gal of E), and of course the throttle keeps slamming shut for whatever reason. I wonder if my PID gain is insufficient to modulate the boost and its using throttle to do it instead...

I'm going to turn on wastegate adaptation and see if FF learns up and smooths things out. Sent Terry the data as well to see what he thinks.

I'll also just do a Map 0 log for reference and share later today.

Really starting to think MT cars have an aggressive torque limiter, so I may have to pull some boost below 4.5k.
1691591144141.png

Last edited:

D K

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 TG
A shared OTS Map 6 would be awesome. Thanks for doing this!
I think this would only be beneficial for the same mods and driving conditions, right?

For instance, I don't think I would want to use someone's Map 6 tune from Denver if I live in Colorado because of the elevation difference.

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think this would only be beneficial for the same mods and driving conditions, right?

For instance, I don't think I would want to use someone's Map 6 tune from Denver if I live in Colorado because of the elevation difference.
Yes, correct. For my purposes, its just a baseline to start with. Don't do this if you don't know what the settings are or aren't familiar with the JB4.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Unfortunately, the throttle was surging again this AM, just like it did with my JB+. Not very happy about that, seeing as yesterday's first JB4 drive was smooth as butter (but so was the JB+)

Here's my log. It definitely needs some work. Remember this is just the previous owner's map 6 - similar to Map 4.

https://datazap.me/u/coloneladama/me-map-6-e30-20psi?log=0&data=1-4-9

I'm not hitting my boost targets, FF is not well matched to WGDC, trims are a bit high (not sure why at only 18-20 psi on 2.5 gal of E), and of course the throttle keeps slamming shut for whatever reason. I wonder if my PID gain is insufficient to modulate the boost and its using throttle to do it instead...

I'm going to turn on wastegate adaptation and see if FF learns up and smooths things out. Sent Terry the data as well to see what he thinks.

I'll also just do a Map 0 log for reference and share later today.

Really starting to think MT cars have an aggressive torque limiter, so I may have to pull some boost below 4.5k.
1691591144141.png
Ya MTs are nightmares. Let me know when you are ready to get it sorted out. There is not a tq limiter down low ill tell you that much. This goes again with my statement of there will never be a 1 size fits all custom map lol.

Heres one I just finished up last week. 0 Throttle closures (excluding when he has to press clutch to shift) Trims are fine. Hold 18-20 PSI. because its only on 93. I typically will push an MT to 22-23 PSI on a Eblend.

I asked BMS for help with the issues with throttle closures when these first came out but they didnt have an answer at the time. After doing several of these I sorted the issues.

1691601224760.png

I typically only take on MTs by a case by case basis as these take a lot of work to make happy.

HAVE FUN!

OP
OP
ColonelAdama

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ya MTs are nightmares. Let me know when you are ready to get it sorted out. There is not a tq limiter down low ill tell you that much. This goes again with my statement of there will never be a 1 size fits all custom map lol.

Heres one I just finished up last week. 0 Throttle closures (excluding when he has to press clutch to shift) Trims are fine. Hold 18-20 PSI. because its only on 93. I typically will push an MT to 22-23 PSI on a Eblend.

I asked BMS for help with the issues with throttle closures when these first came out but they didnt have an answer at the time. After doing several of these I sorted the issues.

1691601224760.png

I typically only take on MTs by a case by case basis as these take a lot of work to make happy.

HAVE FUN!
Thanks for sharing, Jesse! I plan to mess around with it some more this week. Appreciate the advice!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra

1691601224760.png

HAVE FUN!
Is custom map pricing the same as usual if you take the car?

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Is custom map pricing the same as usual if you take the car?
Yes. When I say case by case i mean if car is literally horrible to drive with JB4. Then Ill help out. If it just is under performing I dont really do to many right now. If its not enjoyable then yes ill always do it.

S2gizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
00 Honda S2000: 23 Supra Manual
Yes, correct. For my purposes, its just a baseline to start with. Don't do this if you don't know what the settings are or aren't familiar with the JB4.
I am also just looking for a good baseline to start with on my manual.
Sponsored