Should Toyota Supra keep FT-1 2+2 configuration? Or lose backseats?

What do you think should happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
2x2 is actually great for the track. I carry my gear in my otherwise useless rear seats. I fill up the trunk, back seats and the passenger seats with all my junk. That way you don't need a trailer.
You'd rather have the extra weight of the back seats so you can store your bags on it while you're out on the track? Most track rats I know are out to pull as much weight of the car as possible.
Sponsored

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
You'd rather have the extra weight of the back seats so you can store your bags on it while you're out on the track? Most track rats I know are out to pull as much weight of the car as possible.
Nope! I actually open up the space by taking down or out the rear seats so I can use the otherwise useless trunk and useless rear seats to carry my track wheels, jack, tools, extra rotors and pads. The rest that can be bagged up go on the front seat.

If 2x2 option is not available, you cannot open up by connecting the trunk with rear space.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
That's an interesting question. When the Japanese sport cars all stopped production, I believe it was because the insurance rates killed their young demographic. They could no longer qualify or afford the premiums and therefore not many were buying.

So I asked my trusted agent and this is what he said:

Regarding, the Supra and difference in rates. I wouldn't really know until I can compare the VIN and see how the insurance symbol is different. I can tell you that the higher the vehicle price, the higher the rate. If I were going to have to manually rate a vehicle, the symbol increases each few thousand dollars in price. It could go into the next symbol if the lower priced vehicle is near the upper range in its' symbol grouping.

Would 2+2 lower the insurance rate?

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
Nope! I actually open up the space by taking down or out the rear seats so I can use the otherwise useless trunk and useless rear seats to carry my track wheels, jack, tools, extra rotors and pads. The rest that can be bagged up go on the front seat.

If 2x2 option is not available, you cannot open up by connecting the trunk with rear space.
Ah that makes sense. No doubt the Supra will come with back seats anyhow. I'm guessing 10% smaller is going to come out of the overhangs which are pretty long on the concept.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
More or less seats, extra doors, other BS does not affect insurance price. Rates are set by actuaries who use many factors to determine how much risk there is with any given car... including but not limited to car price, cost of repair, expected claims rates, etc.

FT1freddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S
Ah that makes sense. No doubt the Supra will come with back seats anyhow. I'm guessing 10% smaller is going to come out of the overhangs which are pretty long on the concept.
I don't think the overhangs are short on the concept at all. They're just right. Some overhang makes the car look sleek and not pudgy. I don't want a car that looks like a MINI.

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus
I don't think the overhangs are short on the concept at all. They're just right. Some overhang makes the car look sleek and not pudgy. I don't want a car that looks like a MINI.
The concept is pretty big wouldn't you say? I can't find it now but I think I saw it next to another Toyota and you can tell then just how large it is. I happen to like the nose but it does protrude pretty much.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Fold downs with access to trunk is very handy even when I go to the lumber yard!

I've used my silly little FRS to pick up mattress and full size bed (both together in one load) from ikea! I always get a look from everyone around when I pick up stuff at HomeDepot, while they load up fertilizers in their trucks!

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
Finally I don't care about 2 or 2+2, what is important is that the engine has a mid-front layout, that the car is lower than 1,250 mm and is no longer than 4,500 mm.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
do you guys think it will be a 2 seater? In general it seems that 2+2 cars have more space between the front door and rear wheel arch. also see the differences between the concept and spy shots. I have also included some comparisons. please note everything is not scaled to size, but you get the idea.

2+2or2seater.jpg

Last edited:

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Toyota needs a 2+2 sports coupe with somewhat usable back seats IMO. The 86 is not it and there's supposed to be a sub 86 that for sure will not have it. The pony cars show there's a good sized market for people who want sports cars but also need it to be practical. I'd like to see the MKV more along the lines of the GT-R than the Vette.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
Toyota needs a 2+2 sports coupe with somewhat usable back seats IMO. The 86 is not it and there's supposed to be a sub 86 that for sure will not have it. The pony cars show there's a good sized market for people who want sports cars but also need it to be practical. I'd like to see the MKV more along the lines of the GT-R than the Vette.
There are enough 2+2 coupes, almost all, but there are very few dedicated worthy 2 seat coupes. Porsche Cayman is the one.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Considering that the Z4 is two seater.. I say two seater..
but its replacement the Z5 is said to grow in size. on the BMW forum its been reported that the new Z will be more on level with the new F type from Jag.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.