• Total voters

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
Not looking to provide anything new bud, just stating my opinion and how I feel about the Vette, their very clearly toxic ownership community. Don't be mad because what I say is mostly TRUE LOL!
I'm not mad, I just don't like people generalizing about owners of specific cars. it's fine to have your opinion about the car, but some of the things you stated fit right in with the toxic community you are complaining about.
Sponsored

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I'm not mad, I just don't like people generalizing about owners of specific cars. it's fine to have your opinion about the car, but some of the things you stated fit right in with the toxic community you are complaining about.
Just stating why I'd rather have the supra, In a supra forum. A place for Supra fans to come, poll is about supra vs corvette.
Do you own both? What do you know? Thanks edit
My main point is, some guys are ok being with a girl that everyone and their dad has been inside of. I'm just not one of those guys. Corvette is unequivocally that car. It even looks like it's wearing cheap lingerie with how ugly the body styling is on the C8. Like a fat chick with a frumpy a$$ trying to wear yoga pants in a sad attempt to hide the reality.
To each their own though LOL.

Last edited:

sledguy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (#1451), 2020 Rav4, 2021 BMW X3M
The only good thing about the pandemic and mask wearing is that a corvette owner can drive around the community and not be recognized.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
There's a few C8 owners in town but they're mostly old white dudes so they only drive them to be seen, wish one of them would be willing to race.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I didnā€™t go with the C8 because it has a big issue with the engine not properly cooling down.
plus it was a pain in the ass to get one because they were all built to order and if I ordered one, I would get it in a year (maybe)

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
A piggyback solves the speed problem.

Apparently both stock.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the hype of the C8 would match the real product....but, itā€™s quickly losing interest by many. From what Iā€™ve been told by actual C8 owners, the chassis doesnā€™t feel as ā€œconfidentā€ as the older Vetteā€™s. Also, the ā€œAlcatrazā€ ecu needs to get cracked asap, otherwise people will continue to hold back on their purchase. Donā€™t get wrong, the C8 is a badass whip, but the fire is quickly dying and GM needs to address the causes quickly.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Non Supra and non BMW owner clearly.
I have owned over 14 Bmw's over the last 30 years and currently own 3 in addition to Zupra. They are VERY reliable when you keep up with maintenance. Is there more maint then a Chevy? Yes, but they drive 4 times as better. They are the Ultimate driving machines but you have to keep up. If you stay ahead it is really not that bad.

Most non- owners hear from friends of friends that have bought a used 100k BMW for 15k that has never been maintained and they have no idea about the systems of intricacies.

So yes, if you buy a nicely depreciated BMW, that has not been kept on the schedule- yes you spend some coin getting her caught up.

I also believe that BMW has a very high reliability ranking among new owners compared to other brands.
Don't make assumptions. Owned new BMWs in the past. I have been a member of the BMW club for over 20+ years. As far as the Supra, I love it and am in the market for one. I love the M-cars too but would never own one without a warranty. And yes, I owned Corvettes too and they were less problematic then my BMWs. YMMV.

Last edited:

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
Just stating why I'd rather have the supra, In a supra forum. A place for Supra fans to come, poll is about supra vs corvette.
Do you own both? What do you know? Thanks edit
My main point is, some guys are ok being with a girl that everyone and their dad has been inside of. I'm just not one of those guys. Corvette is unequivocally that car. It even looks like it's wearing cheap lingerie with how ugly the body styling is on the C8. Like a fat chick with a frumpy a$$ trying to wear yoga pants in a sad attempt to hide the reality.
To each their own though LOL.
lol from your comments about Corvettes, you sound just as toxic and annoying as the Chevy people you speak of.

I thought the hype of the C8 would match the real product....but, itā€™s quickly losing interest by many. From what Iā€™ve been told by actual C8 owners, the chassis doesnā€™t feel as ā€œconfidentā€ as the older Vetteā€™s. Also, the ā€œAlcatrazā€ ecu needs to get cracked asap, otherwise people will continue to hold back on their purchase. Donā€™t get wrong, the C8 is a badass whip, but the fire is quickly dying and GM needs to address the causes quickly.
The Z06, ZR1, and Zora are going to be some BADASS machines from what I have read recently;
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-chevrolet-corvette-c8-z06-zora-zr1-eray-rumors/

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I went with the Z4 m40i because I wanted a convertible, but I didn't really consider the the C8 because 1) I hate the interior layout and 2) you can't hardly get one unless you're willing to pay over MSRP, which is an absolute joke.

That being said, the Z06 could be enough to make me rethink accepting that horrid interior - but unless you've got a buddy at a Chevy dealership who's willing to help you out, good luck. Not to mention all the production issues they've had with the car since the beginning. Delay after delay.

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Oh the irony indeed...but still this is a supra forum, for Supra fans. I happen to be a Supra fan. Ofc I'm gonna bash the Chevy!
You can be a fan of one car without bashing other cars. The world is not black and white.

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
C8 is gonna cost approx. $150k on road here (RHD conversion) down under and Supra is approx $100k.
$50k buys a lot of mods

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
What the C8 makes plain and bare to me is that Toyota was most concerned about making money with the Supra. They made a huge stink about needing to go to BMW to make a sports car affordable, and we were left with a car that doesnā€™t have anything particularly special. If they needed to split costs on a new carbon tub, a new DCT, a new engine.. I would get it. But itā€™s a ZF gearbox mated to an X5 engine. Toyota is the worldā€™s largest manufacturer. Cā€™mon.

If Chevrolet can make a bespoke mid engine platform with a bespoke DCT mated to a V8... heck if Alpine can make a bespoke mid engine platform for its A110... then Toyota should be able to make a bespoke FR platform for its flagship too. I was really hot on the Supra before but this C8 has really changed my perception on what is possible for $60k.
I think they are saving that for the Lexus brand
https://www.motoring.com.au/lexus-v8-engines-to-spearhead-performance-car-revival-128418/

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
C8 is gonna cost approx. $150k on road here (RHD conversion) down under and Supra is approx $100k.
$50k buys a lot of mods
When they finally show up here I doubt very much they will be that cheap, might be under 200K....just...if they show up & you want a decent spec one, not just the poverty pack....
Sponsored