First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Hard to say, maybe if the C8 was still front engine/RWD config, people probably won't cross shop between the two, but with the new one being a mid-engine, some may actually be pulled to the C8 just because it is a "different" Vette from before. Or maybe neither will sell well because they don't have a traditional manual option. :(

Oh....and if anyone is looking for a C7, is time!!!! LOL

completely agree here. C8 being mid engine, is its largest selling point.
Sponsored

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
I think ultimately everyone needs to step back and realize that the consumer is the real winner here. I for one am glad that both of these cars will be in production for the next 6-10 years.

More choices leads to better deals.

For me personally, the Supra is the right car because I feel there's more room to personalize it with mods. The c8 looks amazing but I'd probably just keep it stock.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think ultimately everyone needs to step back and realize that the consumer is the real winner here. I for one am glad that both of these cars will be in production for the next 6-10 years.

More choices leads to better deals.

For me personally, the Supra is the right car because I feel there's more room to personalize it with mods. The c8 looks amazing but I'd probably just keep it stock.
A Corsa exhaust would probably be my first mod on either car. The standard wheels on the Supra are HIDEOUS so that's next. I like the LE ones though. After that it's whatever gets my attention that I feel it needs. Front lip, springs, stuff like that. I usually don't mess with the engine warranty.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Yup exactly. I'm sure all the main motoring magazines and YouTube channels will be making Supra vs C8 comparisons the second they can get the 2 cars together.
Supra vs Vette... who cares. GM isn't targeting the new Supra, they're hunting cars with ponies on their badges, and I'm not talking about the mustang. Sure even the entry level Ferrari 488 and Lambo Huracan will likely beat this car in every category, it doesn't matter. They are delivering a look, experience, level of quality and customizability (look at the interior options!) normally reserved for cars that start at 200k, for 60k+, and they'll come so close in the performance comparisons the fact they lost won't matter to their buyers.

LaredoHK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Lancer Sportback
I like the fact that Supra will stand out
That.

Did they do a great job making that car? Yes. Will it still look like every other modern camero and corvette? Yes. Is it a good value? Yes. Will I still get a MKV? Yes.

I will say looking at this pricing makes me feel better about getting the base model supra because it is to me the best value.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
That.

Did they do a great job making that car? Yes. Will it still look like every other modern camero and corvette? Yes. Is it a good value? Yes. Will I still get a MKV? Yes.

I will say looking at this pricing makes me feel better about getting the base model supra because it is to me the best value.
To me the Premium is the best value. The Base gets the smaller infotainment screen and if you add that package to the Base, you're almost at the Premium price but without the full leather seats and so on. I wouldn't order it with the driver assists because that's just annoying as hell.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19' Mustang GT, 13' G37X
Corvette all day. No brainer imho not even thinking twice on this one. I'd pay $50k+ for that not the Supra. Supra is either over priced or just not worth the money. The new Corvette is twice as special as the rebadged BMW.

Things will get even more dicey for the Supra once the 400Z is revealed with the 3.0t. Nismo model is rumored to be nearly 500hp with awd. I see Toyota slashing prices to the $40k range to cover their nut.

Not trolling at all either. I'm a little late to this discussion, but many salty fanboys posting in the last few pages.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Corvette all day. No brainer imho not even thinking twice on this one. I'd pay $50k+ for that not the Supra. Supra is either over priced or just not worth the money. The new Corvette is twice as special as the rebadged BMW.

Things will get even more dicey for the Supra once the 400Z is revealed with the 3.0t. Nismo model is rumored to be nearly 500hp with awd. I see Toyota slashing prices to the $40k range to cover their nut.

Not trolling at all either. I'm a little late to this discussion, but many salty fanboys posting in the last few pages.
Don't care about the vette, but a new Z car you say - that I would be interested in.

nigaskiga

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord

What 400z? I haven't heard any legitimate rumours about a new Z car anytime soon.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19' Mustang GT, 13' G37X
Don't care about the vette, but a new Z car you say - that I would be interested in.
I'm a car guy at heart and I'm interested in why you don't care about the Corvette? Something against American cars?

To each their own, but I find anything Corvette related far more interesting than Z related. Corvettes for the past 20 something years have been on another level. I own a G37 that is slightly modded, but being 32 years old I think I've outgrown the 370.

A mid engine super car under $60k is unbelievable. An exotic in every sense of the word that is attainable for the middle class is wonderful. For the poll #s to be even and favor the Corvette like earlier today on a Supra forum says a lot. Imho, the C8 is the superior car and the Supra is over priced. Haven't driven both obviously, but the numbers and price point say it all.

Oxytal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MR2 SW20
That's really ugly lmao, it reminds me of the Juke.
I'm really skeptical Nissan is doing anything with the Z at this point. They've barely touched the 370 in years now.
I'm a car guy at heart and I'm interested in why you don't care about the Corvette? Something against American cars?

To each their own, but I find anything Corvette related far more interesting than Z related. Corvettes for the past 20 something years have been on another level. I own a G37 that is slightly modded, but being 32 years old I think I've outgrown the 370.

A mid engine super car under $60k is unbelievable. An exotic in every sense of the word that is attainable for the middle class is wonderful. For the poll #s to be even and favor the Corvette like earlier today on a Supra forum says a lot. Imho, the C8 is the superior car and the Supra is over priced. Haven't driven both obviously, but the numbers and price point say it all.
I appreciate the Corvette for what it is, but by and large I'm uninterested in American sports cars.
You should consider that Toyota and GM are targeting different markets. Toyota is pivoting more towards $50-60k car's like the M2, A110, and more directly the Cayman. The Corvette is punching above (Porsche/Ferrari/McLaren) in terms of performance.

Supercars are valued so highly because they're pretty rare and they don't produce a lot of them. I doubt the 'Vette is going to be a rare car.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I really don't like how it looks for the most part (and this is probably just a general American muscle design thing). All opinions of course, but there are a couple of angles where it looks nice but the back end is something else in terms of sheer ugly, the engine intakes look bad and so does how they work with the doors, and it's far too angular. I could probably be OK with the general look if it wasn't the rear, I really don't like it. Interior is OK, not a huge fan of the button layout but I think you'd get used to it - I get how they were trying to make the driver feel and I'm sure as the driver you feel like you're piloting a rocket.

In terms of cost, it's a $72k base in Canada (for comparison Supra premium is $65k) but I would want more than the base features that are on offer. I was going write what features they were but the builder on Corvette.com doesn't seem to have any options for me outside of colours now, it did yesterday, not sure if they removed them (extra safety stuff, adaptive dampers, darker silver wheels because the base ones don't look great imo). The point would have been that in order to get the features that I would want, this car would probably hit $80K ish Canadian pretty easily. It sounds a bit silly but I don't know if I could spend that kind of money on a car that I'm not visually giving it 7/8+ out of 10.

Finally, I don't really know where the line is, but once you hit 400hp\400tq ish, I'm not sure I care anymore. There's no point really talking about what you can use on the street or what you should take to the track, but I'll just say that I don't see myself ever feeling like I could use it. I also find that straight line pulls are fun but that I feel like they lose their luster as you get used to the power (and no track near me btw). Don't get me wrong, that power would be exciting and fun but it's just not on my list of priorities - I appreciate that they did it without a $100k+ price tag tho.

I'm still waiting to test drive a Supra to see if I even want to sell my current vehicle :) - I'm not tied to it by any means. The biggest hurdle is gonna be the steering. I drive the red headed step child Evo, but I have never driven anything that has steering that feels so damn good - and it has to come close combined with better interior\features to get me to switch (because mitsu interiors are just plain bad).

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6