• Total voters

Gremluc

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wangler Unlimited Sahara & Chrysler Pacifica 2018
A 335 hp 4 second front engine Supra or a 495 hp sub 3 second rear/mid engine Corvette for 5k more that looks the part.

Anyone buying the Supra for more than or even at MSRP is absolutely mad after this reveal.
I'm afraid that you may very well be right.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
And for those of us who don't want a chevy product? I have absolutely no interest in the C8, so I'm standing by my decision to buy the Supra.
Don't tell the dealer that. Walk in with a C8 brochure clearly visible. Make them THINK you want one. Instant discount

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
A 335 hp 4 second front engine Supra or a 495 hp sub 3 second rear/mid engine Corvette for 5k more that looks the part.

Anyone buying the Supra for more than or even at MSRP is absolutely mad after this reveal.
I am not one bit mad. I am still getting my Supra for MSRP, and going to enjoy it way more than the Vette.

Two completely different cars. While I think the C8 is pretty sweet, just remember that the "base" C8 is not going to include much in terms of performance/options. In the sense that, I believe there are some performance packs and carbon bits, etc...Kind of like the LT options I believe in the C7. So the suspension/braking/exhaust will not be upgraded in the base. Someone correct me if I am wrong? That's how I understood it.

Cheers,
-V

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am not one bit mad. I am still getting my Supra for MSRP, and going to enjoy it way more than the Vette.

Two completely different cars. While I think the C8 is pretty sweet, just remember that the "base" C8 is not going to include much in terms of performance/options. In the sense that, I believe there are some performance packs and carbon bits, etc...Kind of like the LT options I believe in the C7. So the suspension/braking/exhaust will not be upgraded in the base. Someone correct me if I am wrong? That's how I understood it.

Cheers,
-V
Usually the Z51 package, which adds all that, is around 5k. The same price difference between a base and premium Supra. So it's about even. I'm sure the base C8 will still be plenty fast though lol.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Not sure if you are serious. This argument of "modifying" to compare to a complete factory car is just flawed. Once you start tuning the car, it becomes a different game. You can never compare anything modified to something that is out of factory. Sorry to say the truth here. The C8 will drive and feel very different with the V8 and vice versa. Power isn't EVERYTHING....But with the pricing of the C8, it really makes the Supra very unattractive at this point.
i agree, but i mentioned modding due to the fact, that most of the people getting either of the cars are going to mod them. But yes, the price that the non optioned base C8 comes in is very close to the full optioned Supra. And definitely V8 vs Turbo 6 will definitely feel different . I think the C8 will steal some sales from Toyota definitely, i just don't think it will be as much as people are making it out to be. and trust me, i know power isnt everything. but most consumers, lets be honest, power is one of the main deciding factors for buying a sports car.

I love that GM went mid-engine for the vette, its way overdue. I knew they would release around the same time, but still went with the supra for a rarer car. Tough choice for anyone i think. Boils down to taste and plans i think.

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
Since yesterday I am wondering that no one cries over the fact that there is no manual transmission available for the c8....

But the supra is always the one that's picked on!
The C8 has a bespoke dual clutch gearbox specially designed and made by Chevrolet for the Corvette to handle applications in much more powerful future variants.

The Supra has the same ZF automatic gearbox that's in almost every other car on the road right now.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just happen to get this email from my local Toyota dealer. A C8 Z51 would be cheaper.

Screenshot_20190720-122117_Gmail.jpg

kmbkk

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 FRS
I’ve seen tons of C7’s for 50k new. All over autotrader and other sites.
Yep, my local dealer has them at $46K advertised. I’m sure they’d come down even more without much haggling.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
The C8 has a bespoke dual clutch gearbox specially designed and made by Chevrolet for the Corvette to handle applications in much more powerful future variants.

The Supra has the same ZF automatic gearbox that's in almost every other car on the road right now.
But that isn't the point. It is not a manual that everyone seems to want, the zf8 is one of the best automatic transmissions that are out there.

But still everyone is obsessed by the supra not having a manual.

Now that the c8 is out and Chevy tells everyone how great their DCT is no one cares?!

This tells me that the "no manual no supra" argument is just another handle for haters to hold tight while shiting all over the mkv!

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
But that isn't the point. It is not a manual that everyone seems to want, the zf8 is one of the best automatic transmissions that are out there.

Now that the c8 is out and Chevy tells everyone how great their DCT is no one cares?!

This tells me that the "no manual no supra" argument is just another handle for haters to hold tight while shiting all over the mkv!
I don't think people would be as mad over the lack of a manual if we were offered a DCT instead of the ZF auto.

I for one couldn't care less.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I love driving manual cars, but I have a DSG equipped VW Golf GTI, and it's incredible. You cannot beat the performance gain. And paddle shifting is fun too. If you buy a performance car just to cruise around, a manual is more engaging, but if you do ANY kind of performance driving, autocross, track days, etc, you cannot have anything but a DCT/fast auto.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who painfully miss a manual.

I love dct,'s too.

It just annoys me that people were acting like the world is falling apart about the supra not offering a manual.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the C8 will steal some sales from Toyota definitely, i just don't think it will be as much as people are making it out to be.
Hard to say, maybe if the C8 was still front engine/RWD config, people probably won't cross shop between the two, but with the new one being a mid-engine, some may actually be pulled to the C8 just because it is a "different" Vette from before. Or maybe neither will sell well because they don't have a traditional manual option. :(

Oh....and if anyone is looking for a C7, is time!!!! LOL
Sponsored