Supra vs C8 Corvette

Discussion in 'Supra versus... (no street racing stories)' started by Powaup, Jul 19, 2019.

?

Which would you rather have

1. C8

36.7%
  2. Supra

63.3%
  1. sedanlova

sedanlova Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mk4 twins
    Liked:
    Why is it wrong? Prices are from manufacturer website. Why is the Supra more expensive, in Canada, than a C7?
    Anyways, C8 Canadian Price confirmed at 70k.
    https://driving.ca/chevrolet/corvet...tor-mouth-mid-engine-corvette-c8-stingray/amp
    Supra is not worth the asking price. I don't care about luxury useless option on a Sports car

2. zakira

zakira Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
    Liked:
    The car is a game changer for sure, and kudos to Chevy for that, but I just can't get over the styling.

3. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
    Liked:
    you said the prices were ridiculous high in the original post. but it isn't high. US MSRP is higher than Canadian MSRP. I thought you were comparing US supra prices to the rest of the world supra prices

4. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
    Liked:
    Also the new supra compared to the old is cheap if you factor in inflation.

5. sedanlova

sedanlova Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mk4 twins
    Liked:
    The old Supra kicked Corvette and Ferrari ass for cheaper. The same cannot be said for the Zupra.
    My point is, factoring canadian market competitors price point, the Supra does not seem the best bang for the buck. The C7 Corvette and now the C8 are better deals for Canadian market.
    Other examples are the Camaro SS 1LE ($50k CAD)and Mustang GT PP2 ($44k CAD).
    Never owned an American sports car before because of their inferiority but things are changing...

Craigy likes this.
  6. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2020 Supra Premium
    Liked:
    Keeping my reservation.

Power figures are a bit meaningless to me once you're going over 3-400hp and I'd need to actually drive it to see how it makes me feel. Functionality wise (which is somewhat important to me) you get more overall with the Supra (in Canada at least as you can only order the premium) and then finally I really don't enjoy the look of Corvettes - don't get me wrong, the front of the Supra isn't the best looking thing out there BUT the rear of the C8 is SO damn ugly.

tawa3138, JDMMA70, bogglo and 2 others like this.
  7. bogglo

bogglo Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Lexus GS
    Liked:
    IMO, Porsche has more problem on its hands than the supra does. And my reason for saying this is the age group of people that buy corvettes is more in line with the age group of Porsche buyers. Corvette even though affordable, it is perceived as luxury super car. Hence the reason why everyone was impressed when the MKIV outperformed it and porsche back in the day.

Also, would you not find it disappointing if after the real world test of the supra corvette drops the C8 and the supra outperforms it? So yeah the C8 guys did their homework. And I think the pricing of both cars is going to be an advantage to both there sales. The C8 is priced impressively matter of fact I was shocked too but I think the price of the supra might have put a check on them. Also with the C8 being priced that low that should be a warning to toyota dealers that those markups on the supra is for the birds.

So now I await Porsche response to this in the next episode of AFFORDABLE SPORT CARS

JDMMA70 likes this.
  8. white_turbo

white_turbo Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Garage Profiles:
    Ha...I mean if an additional 10K is not a deal breaker, you would be a little silly not to pick the C8 over the Supra based on pricing and platform alone. Obviously, it still too early to tell which car will be better to drive, but the C8 debut really screws up the Supra debut just a few months ago.

Craigy likes this.
  9. white_turbo

white_turbo Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Garage Profiles:
    Not sure if you are serious. This argument of "modifying" to compare to a complete factory car is just flawed. Once you start tuning the car, it becomes a different game. You can never compare anything modified to something that is out of factory. Sorry to say the truth here. The C8 will drive and feel very different with the V8 and vice versa. Power isn't EVERYTHING....But with the pricing of the C8, it really makes the Supra very unattractive at this point.

glennQNYC likes this.
  10. whostorm05

whostorm05 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Car(s):
    Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged, Trans Am
    Liked:
    My challenge is I enjoy driving something unique. Corvettes are a dime a dozen around here. There's always going to be something faster, with more horsepower, etc. In a few years I might consider a non base model Vette, but I'll enjoy the Supra for a while first. i can't wait to see one in person though, especially that interior.

Powaup and BrettS like this.
  11. SupraFiend

SupraFiend Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    5 Supras currently
    Liked:
    I know, all those functional vents every where, gross!

So there's this company called Lexus see. Kinda known for making cars with nicer interiors then GM. Maybe Toyota shoulda called them first...

Vaevictum and Bryster like this.
  12. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    Excellent job GM! You definitely did it the right way. Damn you Toyota.

Craigy and Viselord like this.
  13. Illsic_Design

Illsic_Design Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Josh
    Car(s):
    E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
    Liked:
    Inspector
    First and only Chevy I am really thinking about getting. They did a great job, I don't like everything but for about 60-70k you can't beat it!!!

14. Toyotawild

Toyotawild Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zach
    Car(s):
    07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
    Liked:
    No lsd unless you get the z51. No adjustable dampers either

15. Toyotawild

Toyotawild Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zach
    Car(s):
    07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
    Liked:
    What no manual transmission in the Corvette. I'm not buying one....roll eyes
    Seems like I've heard this before