Supra vs C8 Corvette

Which would you rather have

• Total voters

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
that price comparison is so wrong. 65k CAD is about 50k USD. That gets you a full loaded premium 3.0 in Canada with all the add ons. Better price than the US
Why is it wrong? Prices are from manufacturer website. Why is the Supra more expensive, in Canada, than a C7?
Anyways, C8 Canadian Price confirmed at 70k.
https://driving.ca/chevrolet/corvet...tor-mouth-mid-engine-corvette-c8-stingray/amp
Supra is not worth the asking price. I don't care about luxury useless option on a Sports car
Sponsored

zakira

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5, JBH D09, Metro, Uber and Lyft :(
The car is a game changer for sure, and kudos to Chevy for that, but I just can't get over the styling.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Why is it wrong? Prices are from manufacturer website. Why is the Supra more expensive, in Canada, than a C7?
Anyways, C8 Canadian Price confirmed at 70k.
https://driving.ca/chevrolet/corvet...tor-mouth-mid-engine-corvette-c8-stingray/amp
Supra is not worth the asking price. I don't care about luxury useless option on a Sports car
you said the prices were ridiculous high in the original post. but it isn't high. US MSRP is higher than Canadian MSRP. I thought you were comparing US supra prices to the rest of the world supra prices

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
Also the new supra compared to the old is cheap if you factor in inflation.
The old Supra kicked Corvette and Ferrari ass for cheaper. The same cannot be said for the Zupra.
My point is, factoring canadian market competitors price point, the Supra does not seem the best bang for the buck. The C7 Corvette and now the C8 are better deals for Canadian market.
Other examples are the Camaro SS 1LE ($50k CAD)and Mustang GT PP2 ($44k CAD).
Never owned an American sports car before because of their inferiority but things are changing...

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Keeping my reservation.

Power figures are a bit meaningless to me once you're going over 3-400hp and I'd need to actually drive it to see how it makes me feel. Functionality wise (which is somewhat important to me) you get more overall with the Supra (in Canada at least as you can only order the premium) and then finally I really don't enjoy the look of Corvettes - don't get me wrong, the front of the Supra isn't the best looking thing out there BUT the rear of the C8 is SO damn ugly.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
IMO, Porsche has more problem on its hands than the supra does. And my reason for saying this is the age group of people that buy corvettes is more in line with the age group of Porsche buyers. Corvette even though affordable, it is perceived as luxury super car. Hence the reason why everyone was impressed when the MKIV outperformed it and porsche back in the day.

Also, would you not find it disappointing if after the real world test of the supra corvette drops the C8 and the supra outperforms it? So yeah the C8 guys did their homework. And I think the pricing of both cars is going to be an advantage to both there sales. The C8 is priced impressively matter of fact I was shocked too but I think the price of the supra might have put a check on them. Also with the C8 being priced that low that should be a warning to toyota dealers that those markups on the supra is for the birds.

So now I await Porsche response to this in the next episode of AFFORDABLE SPORT CARS

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
Ha...I mean if an additional 10K is not a deal breaker, you would be a little silly not to pick the C8 over the Supra based on pricing and platform alone. Obviously, it still too early to tell which car will be better to drive, but the C8 debut really screws up the Supra debut just a few months ago.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
But to put it in perspective in comparison to A90. if you're worried about power Stock for Stock, the A90 will make 500whp with just a meth kit and downpipe and tune if the turbo is the same flow as the bmw counterpart. I only mention power, since that seems to be most peoples biggest issue with the A90.
Not sure if you are serious. This argument of "modifying" to compare to a complete factory car is just flawed. Once you start tuning the car, it becomes a different game. You can never compare anything modified to something that is out of factory. Sorry to say the truth here. The C8 will drive and feel very different with the V8 and vice versa. Power isn't EVERYTHING....But with the pricing of the C8, it really makes the Supra very unattractive at this point.

whostorm05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 1991 Pontiac TransAm
My challenge is I enjoy driving something unique. Corvettes are a dime a dozen around here. There's always going to be something faster, with more horsepower, etc. In a few years I might consider a non base model Vette, but I'll enjoy the Supra for a while first. i can't wait to see one in person though, especially that interior.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I know, all those functional vents every where, gross!

OMG...why cant toyota works with Corvette for interior design and BMW for inline 6 engine...might as well right???
So there's this company called Lexus see. Kinda known for making cars with nicer interiors then GM. Maybe Toyota shoulda called them first...

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
No lsd unless you get the z51. No adjustable dampers either

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads