Supra vs C8 Corvette

Which would you rather have

• Total voters

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Unless you have to have it now, I'd say wait until both are available for you to test drive. Let the supply catch up and the demand taper off so you'll have more buying power when it comes for you to decide which one you really want.
Sponsored

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
to be honest when the C8 was revealed that night, i almost forgot and regret ordering Supra. especially with amazing price tag, sexy interior and the look of super car.

However, after a few days, i came to realize 60 grand price point will most likely be the base model. the full package mode i am sure it will be close to 90 grand. Knowing thats how corvette always play with their car sales.

I am not looking to spend about 100 k at this point and i think i am good with my supra for 54k. also oneday i am planning to hunt a clean mk4.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who painfully miss a manual.

I love dct,'s too.

It just annoys me that people were acting like the world is falling apart about the supra not offering a manual.
srs..?..because they went through the cheap ass route to share costs but despite going with existing running gear and classic FR platform, they could only muster an off the shelf torque converter while GM went on their own to create a 500 HP & mid engine beast with a DCT, who cares about a manual at that point when you're driving something like that....there are plenty of FR automatic coupes out there...how many attainable V8 mid engine sports cars are there...?...now how much more money does Toyota need to keep in the bank?

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
to be honest when the C8 was revealed that night, i almost forgot and regret ordering Supra. especially with amazing price tag, sexy interior and the look of super car.

However, after a few days, i came to realize 60 grand price point will most likely be the base model. the full package mode i am sure it will be close to 90 grand. Knowing thats how corvette always play with their car sales.

I am not looking to spend about 100 k at this point and i think i am good with my supra for 54k. also oneday i am planning to hunt a clean mk4.
what equipment would you really be missing out on...? heated seats? bigger touch screen? guess the supra is about being a safety and technology bargain and now the C8 is the serious driving machine?

alex2364

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 BMW M4
Plenty of Chevy dealers are offering the C8 at MSRP. The Z51 package is $5000 on the C7 and should be similar on C8. So you’re looking at $65k for base + Z51. A fully loaded one should be around $80k.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
what equipment would you really be missing out on...? heated seats? bigger touch screen? guess the supra is about being a safety and technology bargain and now the C8 is the serious driving machine?
I think that you could easily end up around $70k USD (based on previous model pricing), 90 might be pushing it unless you customized the car a fair amount. I'd want the upgraded suspension, dampers, and the extra stuff that the 2LT provides.

I don't see why a car can't be fun to drive, a beast as you put it, and help me out in parking lots.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19' Mustang GT, 13' G37X
3257lb for the base model
What's your source? Toyota's site list the base at 3372 lbs. I also found this post.

AWESOME acceleration! 3.8s and 12.4!!! no way a 3370lb car would rocket to 60mph in 3.8's, not even with 335WHP!

...the tested curb weight broke my heart .. a little bit lol

i looked up the video again and it seems it got TE37 Ultra's and R888D's....so i guess the 1478KG/3257lb figure wasn't totally stock? maybe they got the base model 3.0? .."saa na...."

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
What's your source?
you kinda found the corner weights yourself :p
members here who attended official events corroborated that the base is like ~100lb lighter than the PE. (will search for it...)

heck even with the PE's 3372lb, the C8 is approx 3600-3700lb (the 3366lb figure is again the dry weight). of course, that doesn't necessarily make the supra "better", but 300+lbs is nothing to sneeze at.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19' Mustang GT, 13' G37X
I think that you could easily end up around $70k USD (based on previous model pricing), 90 might be pushing it unless you customized the car a fair amount. I'd want the upgraded suspension, dampers, and the extra stuff that the 2LT provides.

I don't see why a car can't be fun to drive, a beast as you put it, and help me out in parking lots.
I think it makes drive and see the base to see if you would need the upgraded suspension, etc.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
C&Ds claim of that is a little high. A 70 liter tank of gas, + something like 6 liters of oil, 4 liters of tranny fluid and probably something like 10 liters of coolant, + like 2 of water for the wipers, I count a rough count of like 92liters of fluid, which would weigh 200lbs if it were all water, and gas is about 25% lighter then water (though oil is probably heavier). So something like 3550 is more likely, and you could always run less gas at the track to easily get it under 3500lbs.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
I think alot of people assumed the base seats would be lighter. They look to be an identical seat to the leather except in the center section. They are both the 14way adjustable. And I'm sure are heavy. The base and pe difference would be 2 subs and an amp. I'm not sure if it would really be much difference
Sponsored