Supra vs C8 Corvette

Discussion in 'Supra versus... (no street racing stories)' started by Powaup, Jul 19, 2019.

?

Which would you rather have

1. C8

37.9%
  2. Supra

62.1%
  1. Craigy

Craigy Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    M3, Lexus GX
    Liked:
    My deal is for MSRP.

Chevy is going to make a ton of cars.

Sure, socal dealers will charge ADM but you can call one of the other thousands of dealers in the country and find one who doesn't.

2. nigaskiga

nigaskiga Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Accord
    Liked:
    That's not a real render. Someone just took the GRipZ (crossover) concept and lowered it. There's been no official concept or word of a new Z yet unfortunately.

Oxytal likes this.
  3. Toyotawild

Toyotawild Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zach
    Car(s):
    07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
    Liked:
    Gotcha my bad

4. jm6k

jm6k Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    4C
    Liked:
    I certainly hope if there is a new Z that it doesn't have that Maxima front end.

5. BobDigi5060

BobDigi5060 Active Member

Car(s):
    13' G37X, 03' G35
    Liked:
    All new Nissans appear to have that front end with the LEDs in the headlights. The Nissan head of design said the car is in the works though.

6. RB26DETT

RB26DETT Member

First Name:
    Dick
    Car(s):
    MR2
    Liked:
  7. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2011 gti
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Try searching man theres multiple threads on this already

8. Bryster

Bryster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    Nothing,considering a Civic DX
    Liked:
    Supra, it has an open ECU and a potential manual option

9. Turbro

Turbro Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    94 Supra TT 6 Speed, 91 180sx 5 Speed, 15 FoST, 13 FoST
    Liked:
    If the Supra gets a manual option I think it will retain those customers on the fence. I for one am one of those. I’m totally interested in both, right now, auto to dct, Im on the vette side, but if Toyota gets a manual, I’ll flip back because that’s an option I really really love. And I’m a MKIV supra owner. Super biased to Toyota, love them.

jm6k likes this.
  10. CSUfiend

CSUfiend Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Lexus GS400
    Liked:
    #175 Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    What’s a Supar?:p If it’s the rumored GRMN version and has ~500hp, I’d take it over the C8:drive: :nixon:

Performance wise, if Chevy is really able to deliver on $59,999 on a base C8, that’s hard to beat for the price. Wouldn’t blame anybody for taking a better at that price. But I just think that the average C8 sitting on a lot will be closer to $69,999, likely north of that.

Bryster likes this.
  11. supraboi

supraboi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vu
    Car(s):
    GS300
    Liked:
  12. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2016 Corvette Z06, 2008 BMW M3, 2009 BMW Z4
    Liked:
  13. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Darren
    Car(s):
    1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
    Liked:
    With all of the excitement of the C8, I actually went to look at a new C7, just to get an up-close feel for the sort of product Chevy has put out with the Vette. I'm on the waiting list for an MKV Supra, but like many, the C8 has caused me to reconsider. Anyway, having seen 3 Supras in showrooms over the past week, and then several C7s yesterday, I can say the Supra feels much higher quality. The materials of the interior, the fit and finish, the quality and smoothness of the paint, are all superior on the Supra. The plastics in the Vette interior seemed pretty cheap, and the body panels and paint are not very smooth - not sure if this is an issue with fiberglass panels or not, but if it is, the C8 will likely suffer the same issues.

Another obvious difference is the size. The Vette seems very big, whereas the Supra is compact. The Supra feels like there is no room underneath the panels for anything, the sheet metal is pulled tightly over the components; the overall shape, size and feel remind me a lot of my old FD RX7. The Vette feels like there is lots of wasted space under the panels, just to make the car larger. I prefer a smaller car, so the size of the Supra is preferable to me. The C8 is even larger than the C7.

Having said that, the C8 seems more exotic than the Supra, at least on paper. I'm thinking I will wait a few more months to see a C8, to more accurately get an impression. By then, prices for the Supra will have stabilized as well.

Gremluc and Toyotawild like this.
  14. BobDigi5060

BobDigi5060 Active Member

Car(s):
    13' G37X, 03' G35
    Liked:
    99.9% of cars on lots are loaded with options and accessories.

No trouble at all ordering and building what you want. I actually encourage it.

Jabba and Craigy like this.
  15. Craigy

Craigy Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    M3, Lexus GX
    Liked:
    C6 interior was a big jump from C5, C7 was a big jump from C6. However the C5 interior was really bad, even for the era.

I expect the C8 interior to be another step nicer, but at the end of the day it's still a Chevy. Even (especially) the nicest Cadillacs can't shake that GM cheesiness.

I liked the interior on my 3 series, and the Supra interior hasn't changed much since. Much more upscale. Even the cheap materials feel pretty nice. And a base 3-series isn't that expensive, either, so it doesn't make a lot of sense why GM interiors continue to be so bad. :crazy: