The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(emphasis mine)

Preach it! I'm totally fine with even the lower 335 rumor. It's like people have forgotten that the JDM icons all had only 275-325 horsepower: GTRs, FD3S, A80, Evo IX, STI, and NSX. It's plenty enough for factory street cars. That even ignores the popular but less powerful cars like s14, s2000, integra type r, miata, 300zx, 240/280z. The GTRs and Supras were the "heavy hitters" and "JDM Muscle".
It's America with the long straights. Slamming the foot and feeling the torque come is considered fun around here?
Sponsored

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
It's making a hypothesis that the market corrects based off sports car trends, which we know is not the case
No, you are making that assumption. If you think they are suggesting that the market corrects itself based on what cars are manufactured then you are either naive or ignorant.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
(emphasis mine)

Preach it! I'm totally fine with even the lower 335 rumor. It's like people have forgotten that the JDM icons all had only 275-325 horsepower: GTRs, FD3S, A80, Evo IX, STI, and NSX. It's plenty enough for factory street cars. That even ignores the popular but less powerful cars like s14, s2000, integra type r, miata, 300zx, 240/280z. The GTRs and Supras were the "heavy hitters" and "JDM Muscle".
The 300ZX TT made 300hp compared to the R34 GTR's 276hp. Not saying one is better than the other, just wanted to clear that up. :p

Bakerr6

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11 CRV, 12 FRS, 16 Pilot
How thick headed are you? Can you not read the last paragraph?

ā€™m going to split the difference between those introduction dates, factor in the trough trends, and call my shot: We will start our next recession in May 2019.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
The prior causes of recessionary periods were not due to these car manufacturers making lavish vehicles,
making a hypothesis that the market corrects based off sports car trends
Why don't you quote the part of the article where they say the recession was caused by making lavish vehicles for me pal?

Bakerr6

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11 CRV, 12 FRS, 16 Pilot
Here you go:

Thatā€™s because the past three recessions can all be connected to when Japanā€™s automakers launched a new generation of hair-pinning acceleration monsters. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s correlation, causation, or coincidence. All I know is that it happens.

I think most would agree that these cars are lavish and unnecessary.

I'm not here to argue, my whole point is that with my many years in wealth management, I have seen even the brightest of minds use similar ridiculous theories to try and predict the next market crash instead of creating a diversified portfolio of investments that can provide a much better risk adjusted return.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
The prior causes of recessionary periods were not due to these car manufacturers making lavish vehicles,
Why don't you quote the part of the article where they say the recession was caused by making lavish vehicles for me pal?
Here you go:
Thatā€™s because the past three recessions can all be connected to when Japanā€™s automakers launched a new generation of hair-pinning acceleration monsters. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s correlation, causation, or coincidence. All I know is that it happens.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Bakerr6

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11 CRV, 12 FRS, 16 Pilot
This looks good. I hope the new Supra has these proportions as that's what MKV should be.

Ft1-GRMN-side.jpg
If these are the body lines then I am extremely excited to see the finished product

awegrzyn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
Yes, it seems longer and right away I love this version. Not just the length is better, but the overall balance of the design is amazing. It does not look like a TVR, Porsche, or Hyundai Tiburon. It just looks RIGHT. Maybe it only seems longer because it sits so low. Hard to say. Won't be able to tell until the real car comes out.

Timster1990

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50
I agree, would be much more pleasing to the eye if the proportions looked similar to this.

Bakerr6

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11 CRV, 12 FRS, 16 Pilot
I could see paying 70k for that. My wife may not agree haha
Sponsored