Last edited:

Rta95

First Name
Rahat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I already used mine but plan to go back as I have a friend who got a GR Corolla last year and another friend who has a GR86, and they plan to do their track days this year. So going to tag along. I can attest, it's very fun and got me hooked on tracking. I was blessed to have @nibble as my instructor too.

For those on the fence, don't be. Do it!

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Anyone instructing the session at gingerman in June? Looks like the last time I was there was back in 2011, it's been awhile.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I've never been on track. Do I need to have a Race Shop set my car up>?
as long as car is well maintained and mechanically sound, it's good to be on the track. I always recommend to bring the car as is (stock) to get baseline. Then figure out what to be upgraded.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I already used mine but plan to go back as I have a friend who got a GR Corolla last year and another friend who has a GR86, and they plan to do their track days this year. So going to tag along. I can attest, it's very fun and got me hooked on tracking. I was blessed to have @nibble as my instructor too.

For those on the fence, don't be. Do it!
thank you and had a super fun day. ;)

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've never been on track. Do I need to have a Race Shop set my car up>?
I just did my first track day a couples weeks ago and all I really did to do to prepare was swap to a high temp brake fluid. Definitely recommend upgraded the fluid just to be safe. Everything else should be fine stock, just make sure your tires and brake pads are good.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
as long as car is well maintained and mechanically sound, it's good to be on the track. I always recommend to bring the car as is (stock) to get baseline. Then figure out what to be upgraded.
What about prep for dishonest tracks? Any different or the same?

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
probably bump the tire pressures up by 2-6 psi so that you minimize eating up the shoulders of the tires. this is assuming everything is stock, including tires.

mdpalmer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT | 2001 DC2 Integra

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Ask yourself what price would you place on your brain? Use that as a starting point when looking at a helmet.

For me, my brain is worth a solid $600 👌

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Yes my expiration date for my free one is coming up quick, thanks for the reminder.

I need to buy a helmet, any recommendations for something that is not super expensive but is decent quality? I would probably do 3-5 track days a year, maybe some autocross thrown in there.
NASA can rent you a helmet for free in GR program. if you are not decided, you might rent it for first time and then talk to few people within your group or instructor and see what might be best for you.
Sponsored