To M2 or not to M2

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

Regular people driving these cars IMHO
This more accurately represents real world performance
Rather than a semi pro and or pro driver doing multi launches to try and squeeze out magazine numbers
The Supra does seem to be the pick of the litter.
Sponsored

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Saw the G87 in Zandvoort Blue today. I actually quite liked the color in person, and also thought it suited the M2. This looks better to me than Brooklyn Grey on this car.
IMG_5821.jpeg

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Saw the G87 in Zandvoort Blue today. I actually quite liked the color in person, and also thought it suited the M2. This looks better to me than Brooklyn Grey on this car.
IMG_5821.jpeg
That problem with new colors is the car starts looking dated soon. Brooklyn Grey is the most recent BMW color I remember staying fresh for longer. Toyota also had a cement Grey on the 3rd Gen Tacoma which stayed fresh for a while then eventually started to look dated. Only time will tell how long this blue will last in reference to fresh/recent.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I appreciate the performance of the M2, but I cannot get past its looks. All these ugly cars coming out, I keep being told I will get used to them. Still hasn't happened. The back end of a c8 Corvette still looks like a utility truck. The new grill on the larger BMWs is ugly. M2 is ugly.
I'm not getting used to any of them.
But dang... The M2 is quick.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
All that makes it even worse IMHO. I will be shocked if anything can fix that front and rear.

Pure side view is the only decent view.
Middle one is a bit wild.

Last oneā€™s fender is functional, at least.

I donā€™t think it has anywhere near the presence of the Supra, but Iā€™m glad to see the aftermarket jumping on it.

AHHH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wouldn't hold my breath on aftermarket fixes - it's what everyone hoped for with the G80/G82, and all we have after 3 years is Vorsteiner's crappy grille that made an OK-looking car look worse (literally nobody asked for the crash bar to be accentuated lol)

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
What bothers me is that Iā€™ve heard it with an exhaust in person.. it sounds like an industrial blender of rocks.

I can cope with an ugly car, but it canā€™t sound like A$$ too

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
What bothers me is that Iā€™ve heard it with an exhaust in person.. it sounds like an industrial blender of rocks.

I can cope with an ugly car, but it canā€™t sound like A$$ too
Agreed, the S58 is not what I would call a good sounding engine, and I come from 30 years of turbo 4 cylinders!

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
The problem is they've just created a very divisive look for the G80/G82. I greatly prefer the updated styling on those cars and have from day 1. Obviously a not insignificant number of people (many from BMWs core customer basis) feel differently.

The M2 on the other hand I'm really struggling to view it ever looking (to me..) more than OK. Like you I can't really see how they fix it's looks via aftermarket. Sure it looks better ("OK") with a drop and other tweaks but its still always going to have the majority of those body lines. I still haven't seen an M2 in person though so maybe that will change my mind, just doubt it.

Edit: meant to quote oh well.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Agreed, the S58 is not what I would call a good sounding engine, and I come from 30 years of turbo 4 cylinders!
And dare I say the little guy the B58 in this situation actually has more potential than it's bigger bro the S58. Drag racing for example the supra can hit 7's while just recently the fastest S58 in the world just hit an 8.94. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I still think the car looks much better in this blue. However, I really don't like the front of this thing. It'd look much better if the bottom of the bumper was body colored IMO.

IMG_5820.jpeg
Sponsored