Nem1111

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I wasn't able to find a thread with a solution.

I recently flashed to BM3 stage 1 93 octane tune and have noticed the car now shifts up to 8th gear a little early. Seems to cruise in 8th at low rpm and generate a bit of exhaust vibration when applying small amounts of throttle.
Anyone know if there is a tune for the trans or a way of eliminating this? (stock car by the way)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Are any of these an issue for you?
Turbo boost pressure is slightly higher, it's propagating thru the exhaust. Though, I wonder what you're hearing. Some metal rattling?
8th gear is economy gear. If it's not stalling, you're saving fuel..
BM3 doesn't have trans tune for Supra. Haven't heard any tune for trans.

Any other "trans" issues?

OP
OP

Nem1111

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
Are any of these an issue for you?
Turbo boost pressure is slightly higher, it's propagating thru the exhaust. Though, I wonder what you're hearing. Some metal rattling?
8th gear is economy gear. If it's not stalling, you're saving fuel..
BM3 doesn't have trans tune for Supra. Haven't heard any tune for trans.

Any other "trans" issues?
It's not a concerning sound, it's just vibration coming from somewhere in the drivetrain or the exhaust. It's only happening when not in sport mode and seems to just be because the car is powering through the gears a little early when cruising, then sitting at very low rpms.

I was just hoping there was some sort of setting that can be changed or a transmission flash that changes the gearing slightly to negate it.

I know I'm just being pedantic, but I thought it was worth the question regardless.

SupraMiami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's not a concerning sound, it's just vibration coming from somewhere in the drivetrain or the exhaust. It's only happening when not in sport mode and seems to just be because the car is powering through the gears a little early when cruising, then sitting at very low rpms.

I was just hoping there was some sort of setting that can be changed or a transmission flash that changes the gearing slightly to negate it.

I know I'm just being pedantic, but I thought it was worth the question regardless.
Same thing is happening to me. It feels like itā€™s coming from the diff/torque converter area.

Gonna go full ecutek soon and sort it out

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14ā€™ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
I believe twisted tuning answered this last time, itā€™s not an issue per se. The stock trans tune is torque based so when youā€™re tuned and boost is higher the trans shifts into a higher gear faster. This isnā€™t platform related, when I was on BM3 it happened and now Iā€™m on Ecutek and it still does it.

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
ā€˜21 Supra Nitro Yellow
This was answered. Pretty much there isnā€™t a trans tune yet. You are going to have this for awhile...

OP
OP

Nem1111

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I believe twisted tuning answered this last time, itā€™s not an issue per se. The stock trans tune is torque based so when youā€™re tuned and boost is higher the trans shifts into a higher gear faster. This isnā€™t platform related, when I was on BM3 it happened and now Iā€™m on Ecutek and it still does it.
Thanks for the response, I had a feeling it was something like that. Itā€™s not that big of a deal, but I thought it was worth the question.

Wait.. there are people that leave this car in full auto? and don't leave it in "sport" mode?
Amazing right? I canā€™t believe thereā€™s people out there that use all of the available modes in the car they bought!
Not every situation calls for aggressive pops, bangs and downshifting.
Especially not when driving though quiet suburban neighbourhoods late at night when people have sleeping children in their houses etc.

:doh:

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14ā€™ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
Thanks for the response, I had a feeling it was something like that. Itā€™s not that big of a deal, but I thought it was worth the question.

Amazing right? I canā€™t believe thereā€™s people out there that use all of the available modes in the car they bought!
Not every situation calls for aggressive pops, bangs and downshifting.
Especially not when driving though quiet suburban neighbourhoods late at night when people have sleeping children in their houses etc.

:doh:
No worries! Always here to help.

ThicWhips

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thicf30.com
Car(s)
A90 Supra
BM3 isn't quite there yet with their OTS maps. I was having surging issues and throttle closures all over the place, to be fair..the stock tunes on these cars are quite bad as well. For the past month, we've datalogged 12 maps or so. The ots map is definitely better for daily driving circumstances but we are now losing power and torque compared to the original OTS map. If you can switch to ecutek, that is prob the move. OR, go custom under the BM3 platform (jeff payne is tuning my car under the BM3 platform) One thing to note, if you had to bench unlock for BM3 (I did) you will have to relock the dme and re-bench unlock for ecutek's tune. I am installing meth next weekend however so OTS just no longer makes sense for my situation.

AbdulN

First Name
Abdul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Did you ever get this sorted out?
Sponsored