When will you do your first oil change?

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I honestly have never cared on my cars. The only concern I have is oil consumption on new engines and how it slows (or not) as more miles are driven. Issue with the electronic dip stick is I can't tell the minute differences in oil levels as the indicator is not really precise. You only got like 'over full, full, kind of full, I guess low?' readings.

I appreciate the thought but I did know how to check the oil level.

My question was how much does it take to get it from MIN back to MAX.... I found out today when it alerted me with a message to add 1 quart. I double checked and it was on the MIN mark.... Added a quart and rechecked after a drive and it was exactly on the MAX mark..... So the answer to my original question is 1 quart... One quart to get it back to MAX from MIN.... :thumbsup:
That's at 6K very spirited miles total after a "proper" mfg prescribed break-in. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
BMW and Toyota uses 0W20 oil in the B58 engine of cars sold in the US. Those cars with the B58 engine sold elsewhere use 5W30 oil.
0W20 is also the recomended oil in Sweden/Europe so not 100% correct.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Mine literally does it on the dot. First time at 1,350 miles. Now the light came on again at 2,850 miles.
This isn't a rotary engine, what gives? I've placed thousands of miles on my car without having to add oil in between changes.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
How much does the oil change run for the Supra? My car keeps telling me itā€™s time to service the oil so Iā€™m about to take mine in for service at toyota soon.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
How much does the oil change run for the Supra? My car keeps telling me itā€™s time to service the oil so Iā€™m about to take mine in for service at toyota soon.
Your first two should be free. I'm changing mine every 3,000 (running full e85) but wouldn't go over 5,000 for stock setup.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I did my "1200-mile break-in change" yesterday on race ramps in my garage.

Pretty easy, but the oil filter is a bit of an awkward reach - just put some shop towels under it as it'll drip when pulling out... :rofl:

Used Liqui Moly Top Tec 6600 0W-20 since it's winter. Might change up to their 5W-30 in the spring.

PJohal209

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue
Your first two should be free. I'm changing mine every 3,000 (running full e85) but wouldn't go over 5,000 for stock setup.
They told me they'll only the first 2 for free if its time for an oil change. Mine went low at 1350 so I wanted to drain it to do an oil analysis. They said I had to pay smh.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
mine was a little under $200. $191 ish i believe.
The toyota dealer I went to told me that oil change (after my 2 free) for the Supra is going to be $400? Thatā€™s not right is it? My buddy drives a Vette and doesnā€™t even play near that for his.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
No WAY an oil change should be that much.... Crack the oil cap and the filter before draining.... Just crack the oil filter housing where the seal of the O-ring is broken. Go underneath and drain oil... Once finished, reinstall drain plug with new crush washer. Go up top and replace the filter. There will be zero cleanup this way... Add oil and you're done.... :thumbsup: I'll do it for half price if you're close. ? ?