First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
I just want to know if it’s a common issue with 2021s or just our motor in general.

Backstory: Stock car with just a downpipe and full exhaust. No tune. 93 Octane. 10xxx miles.

From normal driving, every once awhile, you come to a complete stop and white smoke comes from the rear of your exhaust to the front of car.

I’ve gotten comments from other people driving behind me saying there is white smoke coming from the right side of tailpipe.

I am going to try to recreate the issue by keeping more of a close eye on the rear and seeing how much smoke comes out. Pull up dashcam footage.

I’ve heard that this is “normal” for Hybrid turbo guys. Should this even be normal?

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Comments?
Sponsored

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Does it happen after aggressive driving? Catless or catted dp? Since you are running 93 without a tune it could be running a bit too rich and burning off fuel in your tailpipe

Edit: burble could also be burning in your exhaust if it’s fairly new and you have a cat. Otherwise it doesn’t sound too concerning.

Last edited:

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I am having the same experience. Only happens when coming to a stop, very noticeable cloud. Gone after 5-8 seconds.

JB4 custom map, e30, catless dp and single exit tomei. Typically happens after a longer normal cruise, and seems to be tied to a extended burble, however its extremely intermittent. There is zero smoke on cold or hot start-ups, theres zero smoke after it occurs on acceleration. Theres zero smoke going down the drag strip or doing a 60-130.

3400 miles, oil still shows 100% full on the dash.

OP
OP
Jaydee

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
Update: Went to dealer to get documented. Will be more concerned when smoke coming out during idle.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Smoke from right side indicates that you were on Sports mode - assuming smoke is from path between engine and tail pipe. Smell and color of the smoke is clue to what is burning, oil or coolant or both. if it smells like oil, just make sure oil level is not over the limit. if it smells like coolant, check with dealer.

OP
OP
Jaydee

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
Smoke from right side indicates that you were on Sports mode - assuming smoke is from path between engine and tail pipe. Smell and color of the smoke is clue to what is burning, oil or coolant or both. if it smells like oil, just make sure oil level is not over the limit. if it smells like coolant, check with dealer.
Smoke comes out of left side of pipe. This is done normal driving. Levels were fine and even topped off.

Matty_Supra

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Smoke comes out of left side of pipe. This is done normal driving. Levels were fine and even topped off.
I had a similar issue…. It turned out that Toyota had put the wrong oil in my car. 5w-30 when it’s supposed to be 0w-20 I did the oil change myself and it never happened again.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

It was based on what you said previously.

I’ve gotten comments from other people driving behind me saying there is white smoke coming from the right side of tailpipe.

mathis

First Name
Mathis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota supra
I just want to know if it’s a common issue with 2021s or just our motor in general.

Backstory: Stock car with just a downpipe and full exhaust. No tune. 93 Octane. 10xxx miles.

From normal driving, every once awhile, you come to a complete stop and white smoke comes from the rear of your exhaust to the front of car.

I am going to try to recreate the issue by keeping more of a close eye on the rear and seeing how much smoke comes out. Pull up dashcam footage.

I’ve heard that this is “normal” for Hybrid turbo guys. Should this even be normal?

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Comments?
Did you ever find a solution or what the issue was? Mine is doing the same. I don’t want the car to get flagged by the dealer so I’m hesitant to take it without removing the jb4 and possibly putting the stock cat back on.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Intercooler leaking into the intake manifold.

SupraEssDee

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a90
Anyone figure anything out? I'm having the same problem. Only when coming to a stop. Only seems to happen in normal mode. Very intermittent. Started about 3 weeks after going catless with BM3 OTS 93 tune.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Previous generation B58 had this problem, a sign that the PCV valve is going bad. The gen2 has an updated PCV that is built into the valve cover.

Easy way to check if the PCV has failed is while the car is at idle crack open the oil cap, if there is excessive vacuum when lifting the oil cap. If so a new valve cover is needed.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
White smoke is water. Look for leaks where it can get into the combustion chamber. Which side of the exhaust it's coming from isn't important.
Sponsored