Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear. :thumbsup:
Photos of the beast?
Getting the hood wrapped satin black soon and tint work. Also new spoiler.
Best of all i can rev all i want!
Sponsored

Attachments

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I have had the same issue when starting it in very cold (negative) Temps and tried to slightly rev to test what others have experienced and did produce the same results multiple times, multiple days in a row since I am in the frozen north. When it's cold it just bogs down and dies when trying to rev even In the slightest. I didn't even know this was a possible issue until a forum member posted. I wanted to know for myself.

On the opposite end I find as long as I warm the car up it let's me do what I want. I have a 21 model, July build date.

Is there a way everyone with this issue can conglomerate via petition? Some way to get Toyota to deal with the issue? It's undeniable there. I don't think engine protection should kill the engine? Just prevent revs?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, I'm sorry about the problems with your Supra and the drama you had to go through with Toyota, but, holy shit, that's an ugly car.
Lol. To each there own. I Iove this car way more then the supra. I did like the supra but this car is a beast. 797 HP.

Honestly the hellcat redeye is way better looking in person. Pictures dont do it justice. And my whole family fits in it. Here is a more appealing picture. And what its going to look like next week.

Attachments

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Also toyota didnt give me a hard time. They were great with the whole process. From the service team to the corporate office.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Dude, I'm sorry about the problems with your Supra and the drama you had to go through with Toyota, but, holy shit, that's an ugly car.
I quite like the looks of it... completely different purpose and design (muscle vs. sport) but honestly the biggest issue I have with the Challenger is manufacturer (reliability). I know they've gotten much better than the past... but the Mopar of the 80's left such an impression on me, I'm loathe to give them another shot.

Regardless, @KillxPoint - looks sweet and should be a blast to drive as well. Though I don't envy your gas mileage. ;)

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I quite like the looks of it... completely different purpose and design (muscle vs. sport) but honestly the biggest issue I have with the Challenger is manufacturer (reliability). I know they've gotten much better than the past... but the Mopar of the 80's left such an impression on me, I'm loathe to give them another shot.

Regardless, @KillxPoint - looks sweet and should be a blast to drive as well. Though I don't envy your gas mileage. ;)
Lol. All smiles. To be honest we dont drive these cars because we care about gas

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
^^ Nice car. good luck with it. I test drove the Charger Scatpack and that was a fun ride. A bit heavy bit still fun.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Nice car. good luck with it. I test drove the Charger Scatpack and that was a fun ride. A bit heavy bit still fun.
Agree its heavy. But these hellcats have a way tighter suspension that it make it feel great.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Agree its heavy. But these hellcats have a way tighter suspension that it make it feel great.
Yeah , well donā€™t kill yourself with that monster, ha. If I bought one of those, I think it would have to be plum crazy.

Ryno8000

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2020
Nice beast killxpoint, we have about 3 of those in australia for sale :)
Sorry I have been delayed in getting back to you guys. My Supra hasnā€™t done the rev issue since a few weeks ago,.
To the questions a while back, they updated my ecu to try and get apple car play to work, then found out itā€™s not available on Supraā€™s in australia. So I have bitten the bullet and booked my Supra in next month to get, new down pipe, charge pipe and mst air box installed plus BM3 software, plus we are wrapping my roof at work satin blood red and black exhaust tips and red pin line around the back fronts and skirts. Then having car paint corrected then ceramic coated, hate black paint, especially in this rain we are having, haha. Will update soon guys. Thanks for the help. Cheers

Foxhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Update: another potential issue has surfaced on my a91.

I got a low oil warning today at 4900 miles. Does anyone feel like this is normal or would you be concerned if this happened to you? I see quite a bit of oil residue on the left exhaust tip which is indicative of excess oil burning during combustion.

I babied my car during break in, and drove it a mix of spirited and easy thereafter. Never tracked. Is this normal?? Right now I am very concerned and pissed given the slew of other issues I am facing with the car...

Last edited:

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Update: another potential issue has surfaced on my a91.

I got a low oil warning today at 4900 miles. This is telling me that my new engine is burning oil at 2x the specified service interval (10k miles). Does anyone feel like this is normal or would you be concerned if this happened to you?

I babied my car during break in, and drove it a mix of spirited and easy thereafter. Never tracked. Is this normal?? Right now I am very concerned and pissed given the slew of other issues I am facing with the car...
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/car-excessively-burning-oil.8084/

Check that tread out. Seems like 2021 burn oil but not all of them.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Lol. To each there own. I Iove this car way more then the supra. I did like the supra but this car is a beast. 797 HP.

Honestly the hellcat redeye is way better looking in person. Pictures dont do it justice. And my whole family fits in it. Here is a more appealing picture. And what its going to look like next week.
God I love the look of the widebody redeyes. Every time I see one in person I break my neck and usually the hellcat driver is breaking their neck to look at the Supra. I was born and raised around my dads old 69 GTO and his 78 Trans Am and my uncle had a 69 Dodge Charger. Being raised in and around cars made me appreciate all makes and models of cars, the only thing I ever nitpick on is visual appearances and I see a lot of "brand" and "size" haters on the internet. Don't let that get to you, the Widebody Challengers are sexy.

Rgbaena

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mkv a90 edition
There is No way a Car should hesitate accelerating when in D. Protect the engine in N or Park I can understand and other brand does it as well but when transmission is in Drive, makes no sense at all.

It Could lead to serious safety issues on the road. Mine did it twice in Drive, and I almost got rear ended one time leaving on-street parking and the car just had no power at all for a good 2 seconds and felt like it was going to stall.

Everything on the car was at optimal operating temp when it happened, been driving for 20 minutes, parked, turned the car off, 2 minutes later, back in the car, turned it on and put it in D, no power at all. How could this be normal LMFAO. Clearly something is not working as intended on this car.
That have been happening to my since they update my a90 edition in january due to the flickering swiper. I canĀ“t remember it happened to me before the update. I open a case with me dealer because is very dangerous. Once a car almost hit me triying get out a road cross (car was warm up after 30 min driving and at 10km/h)

iusman93

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra GR3.0
Hey! Did this issue get resolved? - Picked up a 2021 Supra, had 1300 Kms on it - today after a short 20 min drive, parked it - and started it (Outside temperature was 43C)and bam! No power, wouldn't rev - I put it in drive, and after 2 seconds - it came back to normal!

So wondering did anyone ever get to resolve this issue? Thanks!
Sponsored