šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Half the people that run their mouths about, ā€œoh if it came in a manual, I would get oneā€ arenā€™t even in the market for one. Lol ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
I'm actually surprised from the response so far. I thought it would be a 50/50 split.

Does anyone use manual mode, using the paddles ?
While I don't want a manual transmission and like the majority in here wouldn't trade my ZF8 for a manual, I do use the paddles in manual mode quite a bit.

RichC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
Nope, especially if it is the BMW standard clutch which slips like hell after 50,000 miles and isnā€™t covered on warranty!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm actually surprised from the response so far. I thought it would be a 50/50 split.

Does anyone use manual mode, using the paddles ?
I pretty much only use manual mode with the paddles unless I'm in stop/go.

Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of BMW manuals, which is half the reason why I would not trade. They have always felt a bit rubbery and vague to me, but I am used to GM manual transmissions, which are kind of like bolt-action. Automatic transmissions nowadays don't have the sludgy, lazy performance like they used to, so you're not losing as much enjoyment not having the manual. If this was like 25 years ago, my answer would be different.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
4 years with M235i and 2 years in my DCT M2 both in Germany = No. Not a chance. The power is applied and managed better, and in manual mode you arent missing anything at all. If your 'manhood' demands it by all means get one :) You wont be missed as you will be in the rearview LOL! :) :)

Above 400hp you are really losing power and time. There is a reason they are not used by most sportscar makers in higher power situations. Again Chevy has how many manual models of the new Corvette? How long is the wait for one if you order etc.

Manuals are mostly dead. The annoying chorus in the traditional motoring press is a bad exhaust drone. Every fkn sportscar reviewed has the same fkn paragraph about oh, my if only a manual........WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STFU and call the automaker.

They dont OWE you a fkn manual. Dont like it dont buy it. Heck even the small sample here is proof they are not really selling all that well. Most are saying no. How many new Vette owners agree - well the wait list should tell you. In Germany the M2 sold with 70% DCT. The numbers and money dont lie.

They are not better a manual, just different but if you need that - go for it. The Z will be out soon. The same lame manual gearbox found in the 370Z.

If going manual get the new Emira V6. Its right at 400hp and will be an investment compared to most. Last ICE Lotus/manual - Get in Green or Yellow. Take it out once a week and sell it in year when they are on a wait list and cash in.

Other than that I have zero interest in manuals ever again. Had lots of great cars with them but times and tech change. To be honest for the better in terms of gearboxes and performance.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
only slow cars need a stick in order to be fun

LOL Quite literally the dumbest, must egregiously ignorant fucking comment I've read on this forum in a minute. Bravo!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.