Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
As expected looking at the Z4 numbers we have access too (370-380whp)

40whp is a good bump :thumbsup:

Now to see how they respond to tuning :cool:
I bolted a down pipe on my 2020 with no tune and made more than 40whp for $299 after my first 800 miles on the car last year LOL. I'm certain my $299 bolt-on made more power than a stock 2021 model and I paid less then what people will pay for a 2021 model off the showroom floor even still. I'm pretty confident that anyone can get a Pure 800 turbo and tune for their 2020 models and still be paying less than buying a new 2021 model with dealer mark-ups.

Differences are so subtle and most of us owners don't leave our cars stock anyways. Some generally swap turbos, exhausts, intakes, manifolds, injectors, fuel pumps and even suspension for our desired applications of street or track. I prefer the B58B30C over the B58M3001 for the higher compression. Less boost more torque down low and a more friendly street/track car IMHO.
Sponsored

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Dear Axix23 and friends,

Please accept our apologies for any rectalgia you currently suffer. Please tell your boyfriends to take it easy on you next time.

Sincerely,

Akio Toyoda and Tetsuya Tada

bG1UfJbl.jpg
I had to google rectalgia, Im not familiar with that term like you, much less would I have associated it being caused by a man.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Im not making anyone out to be anything. My frustrations are minor, its like buying a cheeseburger and realizing there was a double. Really as far as it goes. Im enjoying the hell out of this car though, no doubt there
Then what was your point? Updates happen, whether deemed major or minor, the GTR was just one example.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The only negative comment I've received came from a car wash attendant.. (he had an old civic I believe).
He was referring to me. He thinks I was trash talking because I think there is no business case for letting 2020 owner tune their cars.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I bolted a down pipe on my 2020 with no tune and made more than 40whp for $299 after my first 800 miles on the car last year LOL. I'm certain my $299 bolt-on made more power than a stock 2021 model and I paid less then what people will pay for a 2021 model off the showroom floor even still. I'm pretty confident that anyone can get a Pure 800 turbo and tune for their 2020 models and still be paying less than buying a new 2021 model with dealer mark-ups.

Differences are so subtle and most of us owners don't leave our cars stock anyways. Some generally swap turbos, exhausts, intakes, manifolds, injectors, fuel pumps and even suspension for our desired applications of street or track. I prefer the B58B30C over the B58M3001 for the higher compression. Less boost more torque down low and a more friendly street/track car IMHO.
And that same downpipe can be bolted to a '21 and it'll be ahead again :rolleyes:
The first 2020's were marked up too. And like the 2020's the 2021's will eventually sell for below MSRP too.
From your post it seems you're trying to convince yourself more than others.
Just enjoy the car. The 2022 will be even better, then the 2023, and so on. Then there will be GRMN, and so on, and this will go on and on and on, and each year people will say "my tuned xxxx is faster than that yyyy stock" yep, till the stock yyyy gets the same treatment.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Then what was your point? Updates happen, whether deemed major or minor, the GTR was just one example.
That you cant compare the updates that Nissan made to the ones that Toyota just made. Surely you can see that... updates do happen all the time...maybe the coyote upgrade would have been a better mirror. Either way its all car talk and shooting shit.....locker room ramblings. Idk why but this topic of speculation is triggering a memory of a manufacture that did offer a tune under warranty for previous years owners but I cant remember who.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
That you cant compare the updates that Nissan made to the ones that Toyota just made. Surely you can see that... updates do happen all the time...maybe the coyote upgrade would have been a better mirror. Either way its all car talk and shooting shit.....locker room ramblings. Idk why but this topic of speculation is triggering a memory of a manufacture that did offer a tune under warranty for previous years owners but I cant remember who.
I was not comparing singular updates, I am referring to a constant string of yearly updates. Allowing 2020 owners to tune their cars within warranty means that they also get to retroactively take advantage of every yearly update in the future as well. This defeats the whole purpose of yearly updates and trying to keep sales numbers flat.

I actually brought up the 2011 Mustang earlier and was told that wasn't valid either because technically the 2010 mustang was just a refresh and not an entirely new gen.

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
and it’s a great business decision to piss off
Honestly, I don't actually believe Toyota views any of us Supra owners as long-term Toyota buyers (unless we were before this). So I don't know why they'd be too worried about that. The Supra, as a halo car, is more for the image for *other* buyers, I think.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra

I too bolted a DP, full exhaust and an intake on stock tune for a long time

Tuned later on and will be doing Pure800 very soon

For a 2020 owner looking to close the gap yes sure, but once the newer models are modded its in their advantage once again

I just enjoy what I have and could care less about any new models.. If I did car I would jump out at every new model introduced which will be stupid financially

I just hope the aftermarket support/tuning for the B58C engine is not short lived.. This will be my main concern

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
I had to google rectalgia, Im not familiar with that term like you, much less would I have associated it being caused by a man.
Don't shoot the messenger!! Blame it on homebois, Akio and Tetsuya.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I was not comparing singular updates, I am referring to a constant string of yearly updates. Allowing 2020 owners to tune their cars within warranty means that they also get to retroactively take advantage of every yearly update in the future as well. This defeats the whole purpose of yearly updates and trying to keep sales numbers flat.

I actually brought up the 2011 Mustang earlier and was told that wasn't valid either because technically the 2010 mustang was just a refresh and not an entirely new gen.
yea I get that most of us do, but its nice to day dream about sleeping with Margot Robbie

The Coyote upgrade was epic, i think its a great comparison, not quite as severe but in the same chapter. A completely rebuilt from the ground up motor that dynod just over 100hp/100tq more than the previous motor. The SVT forums were hilarious to visit. 1 key take away from all this for me is the transparency that Nissan had with their loyal fan base to the GTR vs Toyota’s. We all knew upgrades were coming, but I had written proof that a different, more powerful motor was going to be given the very following year from its inception, most would have waited. I know I would have. Nissan kept GTR owners in loop months before new models and upgrades were released

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
I just hope the aftermarket support/tuning for the B58C engine is not short lived.. This will be my main concern
Definitely my biggest concern too. I've never kept a car stock. Maybe one of the tuners around here can fill us in a bit on their plans/what the differences are, and if this'll make any difference in support long-term.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
At the end of the day, both are quick cars, both are capable of being tuned.

Its not like you got a completely different engine for 2021, just a refresh. Both motors will be very capable.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
yea I get that most of us do, but its nice to day dream about sleeping with Margot Robbie

The Coyote upgrade was epic, i think its a great comparison, not quite as severe but in the same chapter. A completely rebuilt from the ground up motor that dynod just over 100hp/100tq more than the previous motor. The SVT forums were hilarious to visit. 1 key take away from all this for me is the transparency that Nissan had with their loyal fan base to the GTR vs Toyota’s. We all knew upgrades were coming, but I had written proof that a different, more powerful motor was going to be given the very following year from its inception, most would have waited. I know I would have. Nissan kept GTR owners in loop months before new models and upgrades were released
Toyota has been transparent that they will be changing the car every year. Obviously they can’t be too specific or the car won’t sell since people would hold out. Judging off the interview with Tada posted here, I’m assuming exterior and interior updates are coming for the 2022 model. I don’t see how they could be more transparent without jeopardizing sales.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
Toyota has been transparent that they will be changing the car every year. Obviously they can’t be too specific or the car won’t sell since people would hold out. Judging off the interview with Tada posted here, I’m assuming exterior and interior updates are coming for the 2022 model. I don’t see how they could be more transparent without jeopardizing sales.
I concur with everything you posted. Should the execs at Toyota just let kissmyrs and Axix23 into their board meetings? LOL.
Sponsored