Best tuning options for 2023 MT

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Stop it guys, I’m trying to leave this car alone.

I don’t need another scenario like my old ‘05 LS2 GTO where I break the engine, the driveshaft, the tailshaft of the T56 and the rear diff before it was even three years old.

/whispers to self “leave it stock, leave it stock”
The memes about B58s are true. Just join the DP + tune crowd and stop there 😆

if you're tracking the car, that's a different story
Sponsored

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
If a partial unlock DME from a 24 manual gets flashed by some idiot at the Toyota dealership , does the same fee need to be paid to Femto again?

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
If a partial unlock DME from a 24 manual gets flashed by some idiot at the Toyota dealership , does the same fee need to be paid to Femto again?
Yes

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
lol thanks good to know. Been reading up on any thread I can find, maybe I need to sleep but I’m still confused what I’d actually need for my goals.
Please correct me if I am wrong here:
EcuTek is not an option at all, for a 2024 manual Supra.
That said, I’ve settled on BM3 I think. Saw their “new” functionality such as multi map and customRom, ok that’s cool. But what about reflex or other port injection controller integration? Is that a thing I should be concerned about? For example if I add port injection would I still need the reflex box, or can BM3 on a partial unlock ECU already manage it? I see mention of this Rev2 but tbh even the BM3 website itself doesn’t really provide much detail I could find.

edit: the reason for all the sudden research is I’m having second thoughts on buying the brand new manual, and considering going with a 2020 2 port automatic. I plan to violate the thing anyway with all of the things, so I still can’t quite understand what I CANNOT do with a 24 manual ECU vs what’s possible or easier with a 2020 auto aside from the easier unlock process.

BrodoFratgins

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra MT
so I still can’t quite understand what I CANNOT do with a 24 manual ECU vs what’s possible or easier with a 2020 auto aside from the easier unlock process.
MT Supra:
  1. Has to go to Femto
  2. Partial unlock only, no cloned ECU (aka, no ECUTEK)
Post June 2021-2024 Auto:
  1. Has to go to Femto
  2. Can be partially unlocked
  3. Can be cloned to 2020 ECU
Pre-June 2021 or older Auto:
  1. Can be bench unlocked

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Thanks a lot for making it simple. It is simple when it’s clear and I know I’m not reading outdated posts. I had thought I read here that with the updates to BM3, it got close to the same functionality as EcuTek. But perhaps that’s discussing their Rev2 board that isn’t out yet.
So as I debate getting a used auto instead of a new manual, can you comment about anything that’s deal breakingly missing from the options to setup and tune a manual? I’m wording this wrong but for example I was set on EcuTek before because it had the nice reflex integration.
Or are all of the same things still just as doable with a new manual? Meaning just get the femto partial unlock, get a motiv reflex to add PI. And use BM3 on top? Does this mean the tuner has to manipulate both the reflex as well as BM3 separately or is that all tied together nicely?

Suprachu

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Anniversary Edition MT Supra
I didn’t get a base line. I was on stage 2 bm3 with hks intake and hks exhaust and catless dp. Which based off my research is around 440-450 whp. So a little more than 110 whp with ultra flow r and e35. I’m hoping to be happy with this setup for awhile.
IMG_1055.jpeg
Does the catless downpipe cause any problems? Keep hearing about the MT not enjoying Catless DPs... Does the tune fix that up?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Does the catless downpipe cause any problems? Keep hearing about the MT not enjoying Catless DPs... Does the tune fix that up?
I am pretty sure what you are hearing is just JB4 + catless MT issues (which are mostly resolved 😊). I haven't ever had a problem running the stock map on my catless MT.

I can tell you from stock map datalogs that the throttle spends more time mostly closed than open to keep boost under target. Not ideal, but unnoticeable to feel at stock boost levels.
Sponsored