Carplay has disappeared

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I found disabling Supra Connect made Carplay come back because my Carplay went missing yesterday when I was trying to mess with mirror link which we all know does not work with IOS.
Sponsored

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
So, I had Carplay available throughout this entire period, until this morning... Just as described in this thread. It was there last night but gone this morning. Not listed as an option anymore just like others described.

Anyone else? Wondering if it's another batch programming issue or something specific to just my car.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Well, never mind. Did some looking around and found the car was set on Supra Connect rather than Carplay. Changed it back and all is good. Now, if I could just determine how the setting was changed between turning the car off last night and starting it up again this morning...

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Guys I see that this thread has not been active since many months now but I still didnt get my carplay back. before I used to see an option but now i do not. I am an android user but the other day my friend wanted to connect carplay and it didnt work and I can tfind any setting. Is there something that needs to be done?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My car still has no CarPlay.. anything I can do from my end to reactivate it?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My car still has no CarPlay.. anything I can do from my end to reactivate it?
What steps have you taken to enable/activate so far.. Maybe as you were trying to get it back during this blackout period, you accidentally changed/disabled something? Any coding you tried?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What steps have you taken to enable/activate so far.. Maybe as you were trying to get it back during this blackout period, you accidentally changed/disabled something? Any coding you tried?
As others have posted in this thread, I haven’t changed anything. I thought maybe it was the iOS14.2, but there are others that have successfully connected to CarPlay so apparently it’s not my phone, but a BMW side subscription issue.

Abomb210

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Bumping this as my 2021 lost CarPlay yesterday. Through the weekend apply play kept getting disconnected then yesterday gone. Found this thread. This morning it was back working with no issues. Strange

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I need to drive the car more for her to download the OTA updates.. maybe in a few weeks I will take her out again and maybe get lucky and download the subscription again.

_austind

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Carplay was working fine for me when I got my car, and then it stopped working. I went through the same process of deleting the device in car and forgetting device from phone and nothing worked.

This is what I did to get it to work:
1. Delete device from car, forget device from phone
2. Place phone on the wireless charge tray for the remainder of this process (do not remove during the Bluetooth steps)
3. Go to Connected Services
4. Go to ‘Manage mobile devices’
5. Connect new device
6. Click on ‘Apple CarPlay’ (make sure Bluetooth is on and you’re in the Bluetooth menu on your phone)
7. Connect Apple CarPlay and confirm
8. Click on Toyota#### in Bluetooth devices and pair your phone with the car.
9. After choosing whether you want to sync contacts (I didn’t) you will be asked to connect to CarPlay; Connect and you should have access to CarPlay now

TL;DR make sure to follow step #2 when pairing your phone to your car.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I have found that if WiFi and Bluetooth are not on before I start the car, CarPlay won’t activate. Turning them on after starting the car hasn’t helped. I‘ve never had any CarPlay issues apart from those conditions.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Carplay was working fine for me when I got my car, and then it stopped working. I went through the same process of deleting the device in car and forgetting device from phone and nothing worked.

This is what I did to get it to work:
1. Delete device from car, forget device from phone
2. Place phone on the wireless charge tray for the remainder of this process (do not remove during the Bluetooth steps)
3. Go to Connected Services
4. Go to ‘Manage mobile devices’
5. Connect new device
6. Click on ‘Apple CarPlay’ (make sure Bluetooth is on and you’re in the Bluetooth menu on your phone)
7. Connect Apple CarPlay and confirm
8. Click on Toyota#### in Bluetooth devices and pair your phone with the car.
9. After choosing whether you want to sync contacts (I didn’t) you will be asked to connect to CarPlay; Connect and you should have access to CarPlay now

TL;DR make sure to follow step #2 when pairing your phone to your car.
I tried this just now.. doesn’t work. I think you coincidentally received the subscription back while you were doing this. Anyway good for you.

more corndogs for me..

_austind

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I tried this just now.. doesn’t work. I think you coincidentally received the subscription back while you were doing this. Anyway good for you.

more corndogs for me..
Ah sorry to hear that... This issue had been bugging me for a while now and I thought I finally figured it out and got excited to share with everyone :/
Sponsored