ECUTEK ProEcu For BMW B58/2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I didn't realize that true flex fuel capability for the Supra was now available. Obviously this requires Ecutek tuning only, correct?
Sponsored

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I didn't realize that true flex fuel capability for the Supra was now available. Obviously this requires Ecutek tuning only, correct?
Correct. Currently only available through EcuTek.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Had my Ecutek laying around for a month or so waiting for more car parts..

Installed a Pure turbo upgrade recently and went through the tuning process with Speedindustry and @Paynful Jeff Payn . More complicated than BM3 at first but then you get the hang of it and all seems very easy esp data logging

Car power mods are: Catted DP, exhaust, intake and Charge pipes

Extreme weather here 70C IAT's so I asked for a very conservative 91 octane tune. Did a total of around 7 data logs and 4 map revisions till now. Car is running perfect with stock like smoothness, runs through gears like stock (No early up shift and lugging on auto like BM3 before), no drive train malfunctions or CEL of any sort. and pulls really hard all the way to red line. More lag due to the bigger turbo but kind of makes it more fun in a way due to the instant power after it spools, reminds me of a 997 Porsche Turbo

Will do some dyno runs next week in a closed air conditioned garage (28C temp) alongside mixing it with MS109 in the end just to compare numbers

Tuner @Paynful has exceeded my expectations in terms of communication (I live in Kuwait), insight, being very informative and also dedicated with excitement that puts a smile on your face

057FEB92-4F64-4959-8DA9-20A19F826722.jpeg

7EF8ED3A-B26C-46E5-A2D0-AD33198866CF.jpeg

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X
Had my Ecutek laying around for a month or so waiting for more car parts..

Installed a Pure turbo upgrade recently and went through the tuning process with Speedindustry and @Paynful Jeff Payn . More complicated than BM3 at first but then you get the hang of it and all seems very easy esp data logging

Car power mods are: Catted DP, exhaust, intake and Charge pipes

Extreme weather here 70C IAT's so I asked for a very conservative 91 octane tune. Did a total of around 7 data logs and 4 map revisions till now. Car is running perfect with stock like smoothness, runs through gears like stock (No early up shift and lugging on auto like BM3 before), no drive train malfunctions or CEL of any sort. and pulls really hard all the way to red line. More lag due to the bigger turbo but kind of makes it more fun in a way due to the instant power after it spools, reminds me of a 997 Porsche Turbo

Will do some dyno runs next week in a closed air conditioned garage (28C temp) alongside mixing it with MS109 in the end just to compare numbers

Tuner @Paynful has exceeded my expectations in terms of communication (I live in Kuwait), insight, being very informative and also dedicated with excitement that puts a smile on your face

057FEB92-4F64-4959-8DA9-20A19F826722.jpeg

7EF8ED3A-B26C-46E5-A2D0-AD33198866CF.jpeg

Moe,

Congrats on the new tuning platform switch (EcuTek) & Pure turbo upgrade.

As you said, working on EcuTek for the first time, you get slightly lost. But once you get the hang of it. It becomes self explanatory. Having worked on EcuTek, with a few R35 GTR's. It did not take long before i got the hang of it. The company goes through a very rigorous Research & Development time-frame before they release any tuning options for a platform. Once it is out, every update and additional option added will put a bugger smile than the one before.

Drive safe and enjoy your ride.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Moe,

Congrats on the new tuning platform switch (EcuTek) & Pure turbo upgrade.

As you said, working on EcuTek for the first time, you get slightly lost. But once you get the hang of it. It becomes self explanatory. Having worked on EcuTek, with a few R35 GTR's. It did not take long before i got the hang of it. The company goes through a very rigorous Research & Development time-frame before they release any tuning options for a platform. Once it is out, every update and additional option added will put a bugger smile than the one before.

Drive safe and enjoy your ride.
Exactly, a very solid tuning platform :thumbsup:

Thanks too

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, was wondering if anyone in the Nor Cal area recommends any tuners for the Supra. Currently have catless dp and full acrapovic exhaust and was contemplating what to do. Iā€™m interested in getting Ecutek with Racerom (when it comes out) when Iā€™m ready for a turbo upgrade and full E85 flex fuel when someone makes a kit for it, idk what the options are with Ecutek and if thereā€™s a ~450whp ots tune with the Ecutek system. For now I just want something to get some more power on the stock turbo until Iā€™m ready to upgrade.

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hi all, was wondering if anyone in the Nor Cal area recommends any tuners for the Supra. Currently have catless dp and full acrapovic exhaust and was contemplating what to do. Iā€™m interested in getting Ecutek with Racerom (when it comes out) when Iā€™m ready for a turbo upgrade and full E85 flex fuel when someone makes a kit for it, idk what the options are with Ecutek and if thereā€™s a ~450whp ots tune with the Ecutek system. For now I just want something to get some more power on the stock turbo until Iā€™m ready to upgrade.
Id love to help you out.

Shoot me a text or call for an instant reply if youd like and I can discuss everything into detail and go over any questions or concerns you may have.

My cell is 252-314-5604
My email is [email protected]

Thanks,

Marshall

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Go with Marin @ Goodspeed. Canā€™t go wrong with him! Super knowledgeable and best customer service ever!

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I am more than happy to chat with you on options. I will be working on full proper flex fuel working on larger turbos (there are extra challenges when doing with this, as you wlil need additoinal injectoin beyond the factory fuel system). If you purchased in the recent months your ECU is likely locked and it will need a bench unlock. I am over in Airzona one state over and have the tools to do this. And I do travel tune to california from time to time. Feel free to send me a mesage if you want to talk about options! =)

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
I would reach out to Counterspace garage, they are in Cali and are actually in NorCal now working on customer cars.

They've also have shown really nice power gains when using or Flex Fuel Kit on the Supra

John

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Sorry guys been hella busy over here, haven't logged on in a bit.

Sounds amazing! What turbo do you have?

Thank you. Our car is running a Borg Warner EFR9280

Justin,

Can you share the app you are using on your phone during that run.

I like how the phone works as a shift light., or is it my eyes seeing things...o_O

Oh, thats MHD. yes it has shift light, you aren't losing it, haha.

I didn't realize there was such a wide range of ethanol that could be used with a single calibration. When I mix E10 and E85 at the pump to get E50 I measure it to the 1/100 of a gallon. I guess that's probably overkill.
no kidding i thought if you had an e50 tune you better have e50 or die! this is the main reason i have stayed away ... well i guess i may have to do an ethanol tune now

These cars and most modern day ECUs have a range of adjustment to add or remove fuel based on AFR and fuel flow and etc. Supra/BMW specific is able to adjust +/-34%. That is not flex fuel, so please don't confuse that. Without a proper Flex fuel setup you should always try to get as close as possible to the rated ethanol content of the tune you're using. I generally coach people to stay within 5-10% max of what the tune is rated for. So for an E50 tune... E40-E60 max, but ideally E45-E55 would be best. Especially when running upgraded turbos and etc. with higher boost.

There is some room for variance, but don't get crazy. Because that adjustment range is only for fuel, not boost(load) and timing.

OneFastDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Nissan GT-R, 2016 BMW M3
Evasive Motorsport is in SoCal but would be worth the drive. They have built multiple Supras customers, SEMA, Formula Drift, Global Time Attack etc., and just finished my friendā€™s Supra (full bolt-on plus Pure Turbo upgrade). I also have extensive personal experience with them doing work on my GT-R. I highly recommend them.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Evasive Motorsport is in SoCal but would be worth the drive. They have built multiple Supras customers, SEMA, Formula Drift, Global Time Attack etc., and just finished my friendā€™s Supra (full bolt-on plus Pure Turbo upgrade). I also have extensive personal experience with them doing work on my GT-R. I highly recommend them.
I was thinking going that route like your friend with the pure turbo. currently I have a catless dp with a full acrapovic exhaust and a chargepipe as well as an intake pipe. Can you ask your friend how much hp is he making on 91? My goal for my car is ~500 wheel plus it is my daily as well.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I was thinking going that route like your friend with the pure turbo. currently I have a catless dp with a full acrapovic exhaust and a chargepipe as well as an intake pipe. Can you ask your friend how much hp is he making on 91? My goal for my car is ~500 wheel plus it is my daily as well.
Zack from CSG tunes out of TRL up in your area. I am also in Arizona and I travel to California for tuning. 500HP on ACN91 is do-able on a Pure 800. I am about to re-vamp my Pure 800 ACN91 maps using my own car over the next few weeks. I daily drive with that setup.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Zack from CSG tunes out of TRL up in your area. I am also in Arizona and I travel to California for tuning. 500HP on ACN91 is do-able on a Pure 800. I am about to re-vamp my Pure 800 ACN91 maps using my own car over the next few weeks. I daily drive with that setup.
Do you know what the hp limit (reliably) is for those pure800s? And what if I added flex fuel to that? Could I run full flex fuel with that setup?
Sponsored