How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

Pratman116

First Name
Prat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue
It's batting / wadding used, not foam... And it does require some patience, but it will sit against the floor and walls if done properly...
Haha yea, I imagined that typo would catch your eye so I edited my response but you got to it quicker!

Again, thanks for the detailed work up and clearing up my questions. Excited to execute this weekend.
Sponsored

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Thank you, Sensai Tadda :bow:

Hard to imagine that wadding will unfold into that shape and sit neatly behind a wall where we only have a tiny opening to work from. But I will trust the process!
It definitely takes some patience. One thing I did that helped on the 2nd one was to draw some lines on the wadding with a sharpie, which then at least helped me have a frame of reference for how the placement was. Overall, I had a hard time getting it to a point where I really felt confident it was properly lining everything, but got it pretty close I think.

Probably the important thing to check is that there is open, clear space from rear facing exhaust "vents" and the interior open holes inside that lead upwards to the subwoofer compartment. Basically, make sure you can stick your finger in the exhaust slots and feel into the upper subwoofer compartment without the wadding blocking it.

Yes, I realize that last sentence sounds kind of filthy lol :hmm:

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
The fine folks at Modified Custom and Collision finished up some custom subwoofer boxes for me on Friday. The majority of the boxes are fiberglass with MDF faces. They installed two Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8 subwoofers and used their 500W amp to power it all. Looks incredible, finished in factory carpeting with red speaker mesh. Sounds awesome! Check these guys out if you need any custom work done. Pardon the dog hair, Shadow likes to ride with me sometimes.

Attachments

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thatā€™s awesome. Iā€™m working on the exact thing now. Did they make fiberglass enclosures

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
The fine folks at Modified Custom and Collision finished up some custom subwoofer boxes for me on Friday. The majority of the boxes are fiberglass with MDF faces. They installed two Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-8 subwoofers and used their 500W amp to power it all. Looks incredible, finished in factory carpeting with red speaker mesh. Sounds awesome! Check these guys out if you need any custom work done. Pardon the dog hair, Shadow likes to ride with me sometimes.
wow that looks fantastic! Any pics where they mounted the amp?

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Yessir, enclosures are fiberglass. A local tuning shop did the work for me, Iā€™m not sure where they got the carpeting. I know that most Home Depotā€™s/Loweā€™s sell automotive carpeting in various shades and colors. Thatā€™s where Iā€™d look.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Iā€™ve seen a few people install amps there as well and most say they have no issues w seat hitting it. Iā€™m gonna mount mine behind the oem 8s at an angle

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Nice. Any issues putting the seat all the way back or does it clear?
They installed the amp low enough that it really doesnā€™t come into contact with the seat at all. Even fully reclined, the seat hits the Cusco brace long before it could touch the amp.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Any idea how much air space they were able to get like that. Iā€™m doing the audiofrog GB10 and need like .75 cubes net

foywilliamd

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Any idea how much air space they were able to get like that. Iā€™m doing the audiofrog GB10 and need like .75 cubes net
The subwoofers they installed demand a minimum air space of 0.25 cubic feet for a sealed box and 0.75 cubic feet for a ported box. I donā€™t know how much air each box actually encloses, but there is more than enough volume in those cubbies to satisfy either number.