tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question…. On step 1…. Does the center part of the 1” wadding go up towards the roof, or down towards the ground?

I am talking about the part of the wadding that is 3” x 22” in the diagram below.

Does it wind up being up or down?

1642524403463.png
Should be lined around side and bottom of the enclosure
Sponsored

Spoiler

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Finished this mod a few days ago… WHAT A DIFFERENCE…

Much better sound….

A big thanks to tadda for taking the time to document and post this DIY

I am extremely happy with the outcome.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
I did this mod a few months back, i hear no improvements.

Spoiler

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I did this mod a few months back, i hear no improvements.
I had a bad vibration with the bass partially on. Much better now for me.

Vibration is gone and I can use the Bass now.

I did put in 2 complete boxes of Dynamat on the rear end floor as well.

Worked well for me

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Moving cloth to exhaust ports would produce same results...Optimally, you really don't want to cover those ports with anything...I added the mesh for appearance only... I doubt any debris from the cargo area would get into the cavity...

Here are other options I also considered (replacing the 2" ports) which would secure to the narrow rear panel....

2" square grill cover

exhaust port cover.jpg

2" round grill cover

speaker grill cover.jpg
Has anyone tried using these speaker grills? Seems like it kills two birds with one stone; it allows air to escape, but prevents anything from getting into the holes.

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried using these speaker grills? Seems like it kills two birds with one stone; it allows air to escape, but prevents anything from getting into the holes.
I recall somewhere within this lengthy thread someone used these...

Ceabax

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
I just picked up my Supra the other day, and I had heard that some rattles were normal for this car with the factory stereo. But mine seems particularly bad, can anyone confirm this is normal, or does it seem like there's something wrong with my system...

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
I just picked up my Supra the other day, and I had heard that some rattles were normal for this car with the factory stereo. But mine seems particularly bad, can anyone confirm this is normal, or does it seem like there's something wrong with my system...

It’s normal. I ripped it all out and replaced everything.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
That actually doesn't sound that bad (but could be captured poorly and much worse in person). I'd check to make sure that the hatch cover is firmly clicked in place but it mostly sounds like the vibrations through the sides and bar which are pretty difficult to damp.

Did you do all the tadda modifications from this thread already? There are a ton of places that can benefit from some felt, silicone sealant, foam, etc. - but it's really a game of whack-a-mole trying to get them all sorted out.

I've spent many hours working on that pursuit... to decent but not complete success. :(

Reactions: zrk

Ceabax

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
I haven't done any of the modifications yet, I've only had my car a few days. I was first trying to determine if what I'm hearing is normal for this car, or if I was experiencing something worse.

It's pretty bad, the music isn't even that loud. Definitely going to go through the suggested mods, I can't have my system sounding like that. Gotta admit, I'm a little bummed a car this expensive has such a glaring issue.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I haven't done any of the modifications yet, I've only had my car a few days. I was first trying to determine if what I'm hearing is normal for this car, or if I was experiencing something worse.

It's pretty bad, the music isn't even that loud. Definitely going to go through the suggested mods, I can't have my system sounding like that. Gotta admit, I'm a little bummed a car this expensive has such a glaring issue.
Yep... that's how I was at first as well. Luckily it drives well enough to make me forgive the audio quality and build quality (or lack thereof). I came from a Lexus RC-F with the Mark Levinson system - and while that car had no rattles, much nicer interior, much better audio, etc. - there has not been one minute of actual driving that caused me to regret my choice.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

I can't tell anything from the videos other than the EQ being real off. Are you complaining about rattles, or are you complaining about the sound system? It's a little confusing from your post.

Ceabax

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
I can't tell anything from the videos other than the EQ being real off. Are you complaining about rattles, or are you complaining about the sound system? It's a little confusing from your post.
Ah sorry I thought it was clear from the video, it's the rattle that's my biggest concern.
Sponsored