If you could will you do it all over again?

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
I quite like the car, but if I I could do it again, I’d 100% keep my FRS in addition to the Supra. I had no idea that an objectively better vehicle in every way, could be so comparatively numb. Great lesson learned, however.
Sponsored

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
I would have waited longer for the manual.....but yes.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I quite like the car, but if I I could do it again, I’d 100% keep my FRS in addition to the Supra. I had no idea that an objectively better vehicle in every way, could be so comparatively numb. Great lesson learned, however.
Yeah the Supra is quite numb, floaty, and unpredictable on the stock suspension. The good news is it’s fixable, though.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Yeah I would. I probably would have done my mods in a different order, but I still don’t see anything on the market that could convince me to switch.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Coming from tracking, tuning, and modding Evos for the last 19 years, I feel this.

Suspension mods make a big difference though. The rear is still numb compared to Evos so you just have to trust it and anticipate corrections. If you aren't pro-active about it, it's too late.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
Coming from tracking, tuning, and modding Evos for the last 19 years, I feel this.

Suspension mods make a big difference though. The rear is still numb compared to Evos so you just have to trust it and anticipate corrections. If you aren't pro-active about it, it's too late.
I’m glad. People usually look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them a 20k scion feels noticeably better to drive than 55k Supra.
What suspension mods exactly would accomplish that, the spl parts catalogue?

Edit: I plan on keeping stock springs and dampers until I can outdrive the oem suspension setup. Judging by some of the more experienced drivers here, that will probably be a while, as the oem suspension is quite optimized it seems.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
No. Very shortly after, I was at a point where I could finally get my GT3 but wasn't able to because I was saddled with a new Supra payment.
I don't dislike the car. It's a really, REALLY great track car.... but I would have been happier with the Porsche.
On the bright side, I used said funds to purchase another dream car of mine and I DO NOT regret that. So... really good track car + dream car = I'm happy. But... would have been happier with the GT3 LOL.

Also, I've had this car on three tracks. I don't exactly consider myself sloooooooow, but I find this car super stable and predictable. Maybe I'm comparing it to other FR cars I've driven. I have 100% confidence in this thing.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’m glad. People usually look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them a 20k scion feels noticeably better to drive than 55k Supra.
What suspension mods exactly would accomplish that, the spl parts catalogue?

Edit: I plan on keeping stock springs and dampers until I can outdrive the oem suspension setup. Judging by some of the more experienced drivers here, that will probably be a while, as the oem suspension is quite optimized it seems.
Sway bars and SPL parts will indeed make her feel night and day different. If I was mainly driving in town, I wouldn’t change a thing (for comfort). But for track, wow!

66joeyn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler 2023 Supra
I'd do it again and would save money knowing what I know now.
How would you save money? I have had my manual blue Supra for 4 days now. Although it is most likely not my forever car, it is a lot of fun, even though it is not yet broken in yet.

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
I feel like I have a pretty bias opinion about cars and have owned a lot of really high end cars in that 50-100 price range.
03 - IS300
08 - STI
15 - M4
18 - GT350 (exploded, ford buyback)
18 - M3 Individual (Couldn't stand exhaust note... s55 tt sounds like balls)
95 - Supra MKIV 3.4 stroker 6870 and t56.. forever..
17 - GT350 (still have, dads buying it)
13 - FRS K24 Swap (fast but meh)
02 - Supercharged Stroker S2000 (really good car, still have it)

And now I have
23 - Supra P-MT and its the BMW I've always wanted but they couldn't figure out.. the B58 has the right sound.

I've got a pile of parts coming for my car, the worst things about it are user choice.. (suspension, shifter bushings.. exhaust.. turbo sounds)
Sponsored