Launch control, Driving modes, Traction controls etc

ctb11

First Name
ctb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I have a track day booked for 9 June and had planned to have my Supra well over 2000 km before that date but lockdown has meant I only have 750 km on my Dec 19 delivered Supra. I know about launch control becoming active at the 2000 km mark however that doesn't mean much in a track situation so, what else changes? Should I make an attempt at adding 1250 km in 2 weeks before the track day or just leave it as it is?
Sponsored

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Traction Mode Is Surprisingly Lenient!

On track I was surprised Traction Stability Mode let the rear come out as much as it did lol. Who has had their car on track?

280z/300zx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
77 280z, 84 300zx, 17 Z06 M7
Is traction an issue

New to the board. I have been lurking on/off for a while and interested in the supra. My primary question that I have is about traction. I've tried finding info on this but find very little. Having a Z06 I would say traction is the biggest disappointment I have with the car. Using 1st or 2nd at anything more than half throttle causes nothing but spinning and swaying in the back end. Doesn't matter if you roll on throttle or hit the gas while already rolling. As soon as you hit about 4-5k rpm traction is gone. So I'm curious as to how the supra handles it's power. Is traction a big concern for this car? What about with basic mods? I would likely only do exhaust, down pipe and simple tune. For reference I just want to be able to use all the cars power and not be limited by traction and rather by my right foot.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
With catless DP and Ecutek tune (446/520), if I hit the VSC button once, I can spin the tires at almost any speed if I mash the throttle. Tires have been my biggest limiting factor at the drag strip, as well.

I am still on the stock tires

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Ive tried to initiate launch control but I think the 2021 models may not have it? I put the car on sport mode, then clicked on traction off, held the brake hard, floored the gas and all it does is burn out. Any input would be appreciated!

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
In order for launch control to be available, you must drive at least "x" miles from ignition start and transmission and oil must be within a certain temp range. It's all outlined in the owners manual (as I had the same experience early on).

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
In order for launch control to be available, you must drive at least "x" miles from ignition start and transmission and oil must be within a certain temp range. It's all outlined in the owners manual (as I had the same experience early on).
Thank you! I didn't even think about that. The car was pretty warmed up when I tried it I wonder how long it needs? I need to look at the manual.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I could be wrong but i think traction control has to be on for launch control?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nope TC off. 1200 miles needed.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Has anyone tried to launch control a manual?
The manuals don't have it. If you're in gear w/ the clutch in and floor it the car will just rev freely