M340XI to Supra?

Nembus

First Name
Mohamad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M340i
I have a second car now that I can daily so i’m wondering whether or not I should trade my M340XI in for a Supra, not brand new but low miles one. Anyone driven both? I have a full exhaust and downpipe, intake and tune on my car, i’m not sure it’ll be a big leap between the two. Opinions? Im not able to test drive a supra so that’s why i’m wondering. Losing the interior of the BMW will suck though
Sponsored

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
My parents have a 2023 M240i with the most updated BMW interior. The supra interior is more simple but it still has the same quality. Plus this is not your daily driver, its a car to have fun in. I would never want a 4 door luxury sedan as my weekend car lol.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I have a second car now that I can daily so i’m wondering whether or not I should trade my M340XI in for a Supra, not brand new but low miles one. Anyone driven both? I have a full exhaust and downpipe, intake and tune on my car, i’m not sure it’ll be a big leap between the two. Opinions? Im not able to test drive a supra so that’s why i’m wondering. Losing the interior of the BMW will suck though
Every review to date indicates the manual supra is an amazing package. The manual trans is better than anything bmw produces. It's 3350 lbs in a world where all the M cars are now hovering around or over 4000 lbs.

The decision you have to make is if you prefer practicality or fun. There is a clear winner here in each category.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I had a 2020 M340i and have a 2021 Supra.

The interior quality on the Supra is better. I know it sounds crazy, its basically the same materials, but compared to my BMW (assembled in Mexico), the Supra (assembled in Austria) has had way less issues with squeaks, creaks, rattles, etc.

Considerig you are X-Drive, you will be faster off the line than a supra. Ive seen some FAST M340's. So it really just depends if you want a sleeper sedan, or a sexy coupe.

OP
OP

Nembus

First Name
Mohamad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M340i
Every review to date indicates the manual supra is an amazing package. The manual trans is better than anything bmw produces. It's 3350 lbs in a world where all the M cars are now hovering around or over 4000 lbs.

The decision you have to make is if you prefer practicality or fun. There is a clear winner here in each category.
Yeah the manual is nice for sure but I don’t know how much power it can take stock, I guess you can upgrade the clutch to take the extra power but there’s still a limit it can take

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

The interior quality on the Supra is better. I know it sounds crazy, its basically the same materials, but compared to my BMW (assembled in Mexico), the Supra (assembled in Austria) has had way less issues with squeaks, creaks, rattles, etc.
wow, surprising.. thanks for your input

OP
OP

Nembus

First Name
Mohamad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M340i
R

Considerig you are X-Drive, you will be faster off the line than a supra. Ive seen some FAST M340's. So it really just depends if you want a sleeper sedan, or a sexy coupe.
Really eh, the nice stuff about the car is the self driving stuff and tech, I think i’ll miss it.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Really eh, the nice stuff about the car is the self driving stuff and tech, I think i’ll miss it.
The Supra with drivers assist has basically the same tech, the only thing missing is the ability to have your hands off the wheel up to 40 mph. iDrive is practically the same, especially if you use it with carplay.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
550whp, couple of track days a year and something nice on the weekends which is perfect for a supra
The Supra will be much better with consumables and heat management for track use than the M340xi. It's almost a 600lb difference.

Also, if you don't have the cooling package on the 340xi, the Supra has it standard.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Yeah the manual is nice for sure but I don’t know how much power it can take stock, I guess you can upgrade the clutch to take the extra power but there’s still a limit it can take
That’s a good question, although we don’t know forsure yet, so far it seems to be showing signs of similar limitations to the ZF transmission.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
If the MT is similar to the older f30 and F80 MT, then they share the clutch with the 6Spd F10 550i
My friend has that oem clutch in his MT 340i and it'll hold around 550-600 wtq

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
There's a ton of supras floating around, especially on the forum. I'm sure at least one of the members here would take you for a drive or let you test drive their's (within reason).

If you were closer, I'd let you drive mine but you're a bit of a hike from me.
Sponsored