Manual Supra pricing

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
I would venture a guess that it would be less expensive than the Automatic. To me the Z isn't an option. They are using old technology in that car from what I am able to tell. Goshen didn't do them any favors and put them behind the curve.
Sponsored

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I would venture a guess that it would be less expensive than the Automatic. To me the Z isn't an option. They are using old technology in that car from what I am able to tell. Goshen didn't do them any favors and put them behind the curve.
That's not actually true though they have said they essentially reused the chassis from the previous version but almost everything else is new or has been redesigned. Coming from a 370Z, i could fuel starve it over 1G getting into on-ramps w/ PS4S's, so the chassis is sound IMO. They cut a bunch of other corners on that platform but the chassis wasn't one of them.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
Dealers know exactly fucking nothing. They sell products they are given. I'd give this source little credibility.

Mature for your age, kid. :p
Yowzers. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say snowblind was being facetious...

Reactions: zrk

tigernsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF / 2019 Acura NSX / 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C
Do you think there will be yet another special limited edition along with the manual launch in 2023? It feels like Toyota keeps on introducing "limited" edition each year.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Do you think there will be yet another special limited edition along with the manual launch in 2023? It feels like Toyota keeps on introducing "limited" edition each year.
I think so. Market keeps buying them. Why would they stop.

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
I test drove a Supra for the first time recently —after using the ZF 8 speed, I would not pay a premium for a manual. A discount or the same price would be the only fair thing imo.

It was only a 2.0 but very impressive and fast. Paying more to be slower doesn’t really sit right with me.

It would also become exclusively a weekend car most likely. Too lazy to shift in heavy FL traffic daily. I dunno.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I
I test drove a Supra for the first time recently —after using the ZF 8 speed, I would not pay a premium for a manual. A discount or the same price would be the only fair thing imo.

It was only a 2.0 but very impressive and fast. Paying more to be slower doesn’t really sit right with me.

It would also become exclusively a weekend car most likely. Too lazy to shift in heavy FL traffic daily. I dunno.
I'm having trouble with choosing between logic or emotions...

Last edited:

vbb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Corvette Stingray Z51; 2020 Tundra TRD Pro
I don’t know if most potential manual buyers are like me, but being 0.1-0.2 seconds faster in the quarter-mile or a second faster around a road course isn't at all the metric by which I shop for cars. Fast is easy nowadays. Your run of the mill Accord or Camry is probably faster than what we considered "quick" just 10-15 years ago.

It's the driver engagement (sounds and feels) that make the experience fun...not being just a little quicker.

I'm not knocking the autos either... but just saying that I believe that manual transmission sports cars from every manufacturer will be the most valuable in the future, so I can see Toyota trying to bundle the manual with some other irrelevant or cosmetic bits and then change more for it.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I'd be interested if the MT is offered on the 4 cylinder version. B58 is a bit too fast for street for an engaging drive.. I wring out 4 banger turbo's for a reason.. fast, yet not too fast and keeps me out of trouble.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
0.1-0.2 seconds faster in the quarter-mile or a second faster around a road course
It’ll be a bigger difference than that. This auto trans is really fast

vbb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Corvette Stingray Z51; 2020 Tundra TRD Pro
It’ll be a bigger difference than that. This auto trans is really fast
Even if it as as much as .5 seconds in the quarter (which I don't think it'll be), my point still stands. I don't think people interested in a manual care if the auto will be faster. That's not the point.