OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Used some pliers to try and get a better fitment. Still kinda crap b/c some of the corners don't match the original lid, but it was enough to be able to get it installed. I'll grab some pics tomorrow since the one I took today is potato quality.
Sponsored

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Itā€™s hot or miss. I doubt itā€™s the dealers fault. The only fault is taking responsibility cause speedindustry is shit.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
You may have pryed it open too much. Mine is on very snug. Maybe try getting pliers and tightening and re applying?

C15968BC-5093-497D-AF03-5C18C7CACA16.jpeg
off topic. What battery tender you use?

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Iā€™m also having the same issue attaching the edge to mine. Also ordered from Speed Industry as part of my MST V2 order but just now got it due to back order. I cannot for the life of me get this thing on. Are other vendors shipping this cover with the edge already attached?

Ryan6957

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Turbulence Grey Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™m also having the same issue attaching the edge to mine. Also ordered from Speed Industry as part of my MST V2 order but just now got it due to back order. I cannot for the life of me get this thing on. Are other vendors shipping this cover with the edge already attached?
When you got the intake did the intake cover not fit, or was the fitment just ass to begin with?

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
When you got the intake did the intake cover not fit, or was the fitment just ass to begin with?
I had no problems getting the original black intake cover on, but Speed Industry ships out the clear covers without the rubber weather stripping attached to the cover. And the rubber isnā€™t necessarily easy to form either, so it just did not want to hold onto the new coverā€™s edge.

What I ultimately ended up doing was taking the rubber edge off of the black, non-clear cover that I was replacing and put it on the clear cover since it was already formed to the body of the lid. It was much easier to put on that way and it turned out good. Hereā€™s a pic I took:
25B81E19-3AF5-4AD3-B225-F1AEBB2E7B2F.jpeg

I wasnā€™t able to get the bottom most screw in because it didnā€™t align with the hole on the heat shield, but then again I wasnā€™t able to get that screw in for the non-clear cover either. The heat shield is bent in such a way that Iā€™ll need to bend it back in order to get it to align, but I didnā€™t care enough to do that. Just a fitment issue with these MST intakes.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I had no problems getting the original black intake cover on, but Speed Industry ships out the clear covers without the rubber weather stripping attached to the cover. And the rubber isnā€™t necessarily easy to form either, so it just did not want to hold onto the new coverā€™s edge.

What I ultimately ended up doing was taking the rubber edge off of the black, non-clear cover that I was replacing and put it on the clear cover since it was already formed to the body of the lid. It was much easier to put on that way and it turned out good. Hereā€™s a pic I took:
25B81E19-3AF5-4AD3-B225-F1AEBB2E7B2F.jpeg

I wasnā€™t able to get the bottom most screw in because it didnā€™t align with the hole on the heat shield, but then again I wasnā€™t able to get that screw in for the non-clear cover either. The heat shield is bent in such a way that Iā€™ll need to bend it back in order to get it to align, but I didnā€™t care enough to do that. Just a fitment issue with these MST intakes.
I might just give this a try on my day off.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Unearthing this post rather than creating a new one. I think a YouTube video unnecessarily sent me down a rabbit hole. For those who have installed the MST v2 intake, have you taken the gasket on the right out of the stock intake and put it into the inlet pipe on the left that comes with the MST kit?

PXL_20221201_154147484 - Copy.jpg

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Unearthing this post rather than creating a new one. I think a YouTube video unnecessarily sent me down a rabbit hole. For those who have installed the MST v2 intake, have you taken the gasket on the right out of the stock intake and put it into the inlet pipe on the left that comes with the MST kit?

Yes, you need that gasket and the MST doesnā€™t come with its own, so you have to reuse the stock one.

crussell122

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue Supra

I just installed this, and I initially made the mistake of not including the O ring, but after watching a YouTube video of the install, I took everything back out and added it. I watched like 2 or 3 just to be sure and they all mention it as part of the install. The instructions MST provided weren't very great :doh: .

It was a bit of a pain fitting the whole O ring into the insert. I didn't think it was going to fit at first, but once I got most of it in, I just ended up using a folded paper towel to squish the last bit in and it fit flush.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I just installed this, and I initially made the mistake of not including the O ring, but after watching a YouTube video of the install, I took everything back out and added it. I watched like 2 or 3 just to be sure and they all mention it as part of the install. The instructions MST provided weren't very great :doh: .

It was a bit of a pain fitting the whole O ring into the insert. I didn't think it was going to fit at first, but once I got most of it in, I just ended up using a folded paper towel to squish the last bit in and it fit flush.
@suicidaleggroll

Thank you both for confirming this - much appreciated. I was having the same issue squishing it in there, which is why I ask. Since the top and bottom of the gasket isn't the same, do you remember the orientation it was inserted? Shining a light in the inlet pipe, it's not self-evident which way it should fit (groove towards or away from turbo?).

...and yes, the MST instructions are... not great.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
@suicidaleggroll

Thank you both for confirming this - much appreciated. I was having the same issue squishing it in there, which is why I ask. Since the top and bottom of the gasket isn't the same, do you remember the orientation it was inserted? Shining a light in the inlet pipe, it's not self-evident which way it should fit (groove towards or away from turbo?).

...and yes, the MST instructions are... not great.
Maybe this will help?

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 12.00.14 PM.png