• Total voters

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
For multiple reasons, depending on when the burnouts were done in relation to the start of the race, the burnout could have impacted the outcome slightly.

Pilot Super Sports are insanely better tires than the Potenza All Seasons on the Z, that's not even a question.
Then Nissan should've put better tires on it. 🤷‍♂️ stock vs stock is exactly that.
Sponsored

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I was honestly pretty shocked at the 3600lb weight of the Z. That’s barely lighter than an SS 1LE that will absolutely destroy it on a road course, but the Z is a lot smaller. Is the Z keistering lead or something? Where’s this weight coming from?

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
I was honestly pretty shocked at the 3600lb weight of the Z. That’s barely lighter than an SS 1LE that will absolutely destroy it on a road course, but the Z is a lot smaller. Is the Z keistering lead or something? Where’s this weight coming from?
The weight of expectations I think adds 200lbs.

Joking aside, probably chassis reinforcements, cast metals, transmission oil cooler, engine oil cooler, and other smaller bits that all add up.

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Would be interesting to compare the weights of both engines but I bet that V6 is as fair bit heavier. Extra turbo too

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
That picture is quite brutal given the power of the other red car and the yellow car. The Supra is not just punching above its weight. Its a very fast and capable package. You spend more and get less lol. Or spend the same and get less.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Even though they showed the Z not being able to do a burn out, it has no problem roasting the tires on launch. The tires for all the cars wouldve been warm and as sticky as possible. Keep in mind they did that run many many times. and what went in to the video was the best representation they could get. Just look at the screen shot and the Mustang is in front with a 3 mph advantage. I was part of a top gear usa filming here at Speed Vegas in the audience and you would not believe how many times things are done over and over and over and over, 6 hours for a 50 min episode.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I was right about to post this video..

Nothing surprising, but I’m glad that they actually showed the truth and didn’t lie for views. I’m expecting the NISMO to be as fast as us, for the same price
Yes a Nismo version. One has to spend and get the top model.

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
Half the guys stating BMWs aren't reliable are still stuck in 2010 thinking about N54s and the unreliable V10 in the E60 M5.
As a 2008 M3 owner, I still am nervous about my B58, but so far, 8,000 miles in, nothing to report. No oil consumption, etc. Very pleased. My E92 was always in the shop every 2 months like clockwork, valve seals, electronics, needed plugs changed on a fucking crazy schedule, throttle actuators, etc. etc. etc. It kicked the bucket, which is why I bought the Supra.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
As a 2008 M3 owner, I still am nervous about my B58, but so far, 8,000 miles in, nothing to report. No oil consumption, etc. Very pleased. My E92 was always in the shop every 2 months like clockwork, valve seals, electronics, needed plugs changed on a fucking crazy schedule, throttle actuators, etc. etc. etc. It kicked the bucket, which is why I bought the Supra.
You have zero to worry about. Drive and enjoy. The B58 is a superb engine, hence the Toyota selection of it.

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
If I recall the Nissan press conference back in November it was not built with a unique suspension or custom drive train. It was supposed to be cheap but idk if I'd pay 60k for one if the Supra with a 6 speed is available....I doubt anyone would pay the high markups like they did for the GR. It's too heavy and the tune will likely be the same piggyback as the Infiniti except no AWD to run a 11 sec 1/4 mile. The top speed shows it's not terrible but I bet that traction will only get worse with more power....
The Z suffers from a far worse gap in expectations and reality than the Supra. Ours still suffered from this quite a bit, but I think a 3.8 0-60 and a pretty capable car is not a bad package for what you pay. Sounds great, I like the looks, and I'm a long time BMW owner so I don't mind the shared components.

The Z, on the other hand, was hyped up to demolish the Supra, run a sub 3.6s 0-60 on virtually every video and article I've seen, and do it for half the price of the Supra. I don't know what crack these people are smoking, but if that were possible, Nissan probably would have done this sometime in the last 13 years.

I think Nissan would have been much better off not positioning this purely to beat the Supra and instead positioning it as an upgrade to the 86 for a good price. Now they're just going to eat hundreds of YouTube drag race videos for the next year and a half.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
At which point the GRMN Supra will restore order. And the NISMO might be nothing more than an appearance package to begin with.
This^^^^^^^^^^^ Sensing the 'value' of 3.0 Supra's and a ZF8 are going up after that video and astounding picture! Manual my azzz. Waste of time if you WANT TO PUT THE POWER DOWN and use it!

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
Pilot Super Sports are insanely better tires than the Potenza All Seasons on the Z, that's not even a question.
Did the video state that the Performance trim Nissan Z was using all season Potenzas? The factory tires on the Performance Trim are the Bridgestone S007 tires which are rated as max performance summer tires (also used as OEM tires on the Ferrari F12 berlinetta) and are newer in tech than the decade old Pilot Super Sport tires.

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
The $40,000 level has crappy brakes and open diff.

I think it is only comparable to our 2.0. That would be interesting drag race. Bet the 2.0 (i think it is dumb idea) would still give it a run.
The price is 7k too high. It's simply not on par with the Supra so it should be much cheaper to have any value comparison
Sponsored