• Total voters

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
You guys are funny....it's a .2 second difference. Unless you're a boy racer, it's not going to make any real difference. Both cars are quick, as is the Mach 1. But for those boy racers, all three will lose to a Tesla Model 3P. Or even a Model 3 LR w/performance boost.

In the end, does it really even matter? Both cars have more than enough power to be tons of fun.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
You guys are funny....it's a .2 second difference. Unless you're a boy racer, it's not going to make any real difference. Both cars are quick, as is the Mach 1. But for those boy racers, all three will lose to a Tesla Model 3P. Or even a Model 3 LR w/performance boost.

In the end, does it really even matter? Both cars have more than enough power to be tons of fun.
It's .2 over a quarter mile. Now put all those .2's together in a lap of 3,5 miles or so. That's a lot of time.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten

It sure seems to "matter" the past 2 years when Supra haters keep hyping up the Z as a Supra killer. Now we're asking does it even really matter? So it matters.

And .2 seconds when you're in the low 12's is a measurable difference as shown in the video, where it's 2-3 car lengths.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
As a 2008 M3 owner, I still am nervous about my B58, but so far, 8,000 miles in, nothing to report. No oil consumption, etc. Very pleased. My E92 was always in the shop every 2 months like clockwork, valve seals, electronics, needed plugs changed on a fucking crazy schedule, throttle actuators, etc. etc. etc. It kicked the bucket, which is why I bought the Supra.
I'm at almost double the mileage and no engine issues. Also, the B58 is the standard motor for a lot of the BMW lineup for at least 3 years now. Haven't seen any major things pop up on those other cars yet. Also, probably worth noting, we're better off paying attention to cars like the M340i which share the engine but are more likely to get daily driven, to get a sense of overall wear and tear.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero

I was only ever invested in this "dispute" because when the hate for the Supra started to get real, meaning all the people hating on the BMW involvement, it seemed to be a massive fuel for the fire for the Z fans. The "Boy Racer", as you put it, Z fans, kept saying things like, "the new Z is going to smoke the Zupra", it's going to be better in every way", "At least it's going to be 100% Japanese unlike the Zupra", "It's going to be $10,000 cheaper and better"... shit like that. Nice Mercedes Transmission living up to that "100% Nissan/Japanese", but hey, at least it's not 90% German right?

I'm not one to ever be brand biased, I personally think it's ignorant and short sighted. I've personally owned Fords, Nissans, Hyundai's, and now "BMWyota's", but if you want to be brand biased, to each their own. Someone who proclaims to be a "car guy" or "car enthusiast", in my opinion, should be excited for all new cars and excited to see how every new car pushes the industry further. Instead, what we had on the internet was a shit load of hate towards a new car because it was a partnered endeavor between two of the biggest automotive companies in the world, an endeavor that just so happened to help someone like myself, someone who doesn't make a ton of money, actually afford a new "Zupra", even if it wasn't 100% "heritage built or heritage inspired".

Still to this day we can't watch a video from an Automotive Journalist that doesn't call the Supra a "BMW" in some way or another. I get it, it's 100% true, but there's so much since less negativity regarding this car, and for the life of me, I can not understand it. It's an amazing car to be honest, but as "Zupra owners", we've all had to sit here and listen to keyboard warriors talk trash about something we enjoy ever since the inception of this new Z. I guess no one one ever considered that maybe we were buying the car because it looked good, sounded good, and was fun to drive? I guess we should all be buying cars based on brand and or cultural biases.

Rant over LOL!

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
It sure seems to "matter" the past 2 years when Supra haters keep hyping up the Z as a Supra killer. Now we're asking does it even really matter? So it matters.

And .2 seconds when you're in the low 12's is a measurable difference as shown in the video, where it's 2-3 car lengths.
I guess in that context, I can see the reason for the reactions here. But like I said, both cars have more than enough performance to be a ton of fun. Personally, I think the Z is ugly. But if I liked the styling of the Z more than the Supra, I'd still buy the Z even if it's a little slower. The Z is far too ugly for me to ever consider buying one.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
I was only ever invested in this "dispute" because when the hate for the Supra started to get real, meaning all the people hating on the BMW involvement, it seemed to be a massive fuel for the fire for the Z fans. The "Boy Racer", as you put it, Z fans, kept saying things like, "the new Z is going to smoke the Zupra", it's going to be better in every way", "At least it's going to be 100% Japanese unlike the Zupra", "It's going to be $10,000 cheaper and better"... shit like that. Nice Mercedes Transmission living up to that "100% Nissan/Japanese", but hey, at least it's not 90% German right?

I'm not one to ever be brand biased, I personally think it's ignorant and short sighted. I've personally owned Fords, Nissans, Hyundai's, and now "BMWyota's", but if you want to be brand biased, to each their own. Someone who proclaims to be a "car guy" or "car enthusiast", in my opinion, should be excited for all new cars and excited to see how every new car pushes the industry further. Instead, what we had on the internet was a shit load of hate towards a new car because it was a partnered endeavor between two of the biggest automotive companies in the world, an endeavor that just so happened to help someone like myself, someone who doesn't make a ton of money, actually afford a new "Zupra", even if it wasn't 100% "heritage built or heritage inspired".

Still to this day we can't watch a video from an Automotive Journalist that doesn't call the Supra a "BMW" in some way or another. I get it, it's 100% true, but there's so much since less negativity regarding this car, and for the life of me, I can not understand it. It's an amazing car to be honest, but as "Zupra owners", we've all had to sit here and listen to keyboard warriors talk trash about something we enjoy ever since the inception of this new Z. I guess no one one ever considered that maybe we were buying the car because it looked good, sounded good, and was fun to drive? I guess we should all be buying cars based on brand biases.

Rant over LOL!
I agree with practically everything you've said. As an enthusiast, I'm very glad to see cars like this return. Especially in the era of trucks, SUVs, and soon-to-be electric cars.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
buying the car because it looked good, sounded good, and was fun to drive?
This is literally why I wanted a Supra. Didn't care if it was a BMW. Just knew it was fast, I liked the looks, the way it sounds, and knew the aftermarket is going to be huge.

And not going to knock on anyone who feels the same about the Z.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
The responses here and Z forum are exactly what I was expecting. Glad I am in neither camp and just enjoy the comments (smart or stupid) 😅

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I agree with practically everything you've said. As an enthusiast, I'm very glad to see cars like this return. Especially in the era of trucks, SUVs, and soon-to-be electric cars.
This is how all car enthusiasts should be. In a decade or so we will be lucky if we can even drive our combustion vehicles legally.
Sponsored