• Total voters

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Still to this day we can't watch a video from an Automotive Journalist that doesn't call the Supra a "BMW" in some way or another. I get it, it's 100% true, but there's so much since less negativity regarding this car, and for the life of me, I can not understand it.
I don't either. Car collaborations happen all the damn time, why do they focus so much attention on this one? Did FR-S owners have to put up with idiots yelling "NiCe SuBaRu!" at them everywhere? Or the 3000 GT / Dodge Stealth, or Eclipse / Eagle Talon, or any of the other hundreds of collaborations between car manufacturers that have happened over the decades? It's not even like BMW makes bad cars either, I don't get why they think saying "But it's actually a BMW" is any kind of insult in the first place. It's just...weird.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
I don't either. Car collaborations happen all the damn time, why do they focus so much attention on this one? Did FR-S owners have to put up with idiots yelling "NiCe SuBaRu!" at them everywhere? Or the 3000 GT / Dodge Stealth, or Eclipse / Eagle Talon, or any of the other hundreds of collaborations between car manufacturers that have happened over the decades? It's not even like BMW makes bad cars either, I don't get why they think saying "But it's actually a BMW" is any kind of insult in the first place. It's just...weird.
Ikr, it's as if being a true Nissan is a good thing lol.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
FB_IMG_1652824522927.jpg

And that's the 2020 Supra plot.
Oof

So let me get this straight. The Z has the same peak whp, significantly less torque, weighs 2-300 lbs more, has worse suspension, god awful interior, and costs basically the same amount? Did I get all that right? Oh, and the Z has a fully open deck block, just to piss off anyone who wants to mod it to make a bunch of power too.

Unless you're talking about the base model Z, in which case you do save $10k, but you get shitty brakes, an even worse interior, and you don't even get a limited slip. I'm wondering how many base Zs will actually be built as well, it could be like the base trim 3.0 Supra which doesn't seem to actually exist in reality, just as a marketing point so they can say the price "starts at X".

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
Wait, someone actually put a new Z on a dyno? Did they do the AT as well?
Sponsored