OEM Audio+ High Resolution Audio Amp and Subwoofer

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I finally received mine and hoping it's an anomalous unit as I can't echo other's good reports. For me, the rear speakers are FAR too loud and staging is a major disappointment. What hit me first off is just how much it sounds like center is in the middle of the driver's door; the speaker behind my left shoulder is so obvious now. Also no longer able to fade F/R, that control no longer works, and it appears that some of the EQ sliders have no effect (both audibly and watching RTA). I'll be giving them a call first thing Monday.
Hopefully that's the case, but based on the way the setup is configured, and the curves posted in their marketing... it's exactly what I predicted (and feared) the results would be. Fixes some issues but exacerbates others - so definitely not worth it if accuracy (not just bass extension) is the goal. :confused:
Sponsored

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
After spending a little more time in the car, it's clear that my height (6'2") is outside the DSP sweet spot. If I crouch down and forward the staging comes into focus, the left-rear speaker disappears, and the color/richness fills in for a much better sound.

Called and spoke with Rick who feels we can remedy the DSP for my height, which is encouraging. I like that he wasn't dismissive and if need be I can drive up there so they can have hands-on time. Maybe this can all translate into something useful to others.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
After spending a little more time in the car, it's clear that my height (6'2") is outside the DSP sweet spot. If I crouch down and forward the staging comes into focus, the left-rear speaker disappears, and the color/richness fills in for a much better sound.

Called and spoke with Rick who feels we can remedy the DSP for my height, which is encouraging. I like that he wasn't dismissive and if need be I can drive up there so they can have hands-on time. Maybe this can all translate into something useful to others.
Glad to hear you are getting it sorted out. I have had super luck with quality/sound/service from these guys. This is my fourth system for different vehicles from them.

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Any updates? Curious if they were able to make adjustments for you to help out. I ordered this almost a month ago, still waiting on it to ship...

eclpts

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I installed the OEM Audio+ system a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. Could be my imagination but it seems like it's actually improved slightly over time as the components have broken in? In any case I agree with all the other positive comments.

I am also a tall driver and I hear something different as I move around, but I can't say it's "better" in a one spot than any other. On the other hand I'm old enough that I'm definitely missing some upper frequencies...

One other minor thing to note is that as far as I can tell the fake surround feature no longer does anything. As far as I'm concerned this is a good thing. It's definitely more of an immersive experience now than whatever the surround feature was pretending to do. Can anyone else hear a difference with surround on/off?

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I installed the OEM Audio+ system a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. Could be my imagination but it seems like it's actually improved slightly over time as the components have broken in? In any case I agree with all the other positive comments.

I am also a tall driver and I hear something different as I move around, but I can't say it's "better" in a one spot than any other. On the other hand I'm old enough that I'm definitely missing some upper frequencies...

One other minor thing to note is that as far as I can tell the fake surround feature no longer does anything. As far as I'm concerned this is a good thing. It's definitely more of an immersive experience now than whatever the surround feature was pretending to do. Can anyone else hear a difference with surround on/off?
I too install the system and am very pleased. It will take about 50 hours of playing time till the sub is broke-in. The bass notes only get better.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Glad that all are pleased. I noticed one HUGE improvement after I upgraded my system, that was the source material. I had downloaded material to the harddrive and that was a major improvement but still sounded compressed. Try Tidal. My brother had given me a subscription - HUGE improvement over other sources

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
So a quick update, it's been slow coming as I've been grieving a personal loss. Yesterday I drove up to Fullerton and Sandy made some changes that greatly helped...and then went further to sit with me and work on tailoring it to my ears. Fully enjoyed being able to discuss/change/review, so major kudos to them for customer service. A couple hours was all I was good for though before starting to attenuate & second-guess what I was hearing so we stopped. I'll spend some time with it over the next couple weeks to get useful feedback and head back up there after the holidays to tweak.

He actually loaded two files, one a time corrected original, the other was a new file with additional tweaks (Q, crossover freq sub/doors, EQ) which is what is active now. We couldn't find the box w/ the remote device used to swap files on the fly so no A/B comparisons yet, but it was already 8PM and I wasn't going to make them search for it. Plenty of time to dial it all in and it's not a bad drive up there.

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
So is this upgrade worth it or am I better off adding a custom enclosure, small amp audio control? Thasnks.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
So is this upgrade worth it or am I better off adding a custom enclosure, small amp audio control? Thasnks.
Based off the responses here, the general consensus has been yes, it is.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
So a quick update, it's been slow coming as I've been grieving a personal loss. Yesterday I drove up to Fullerton and Sandy made some changes that greatly helped...and then went further to sit with me and work on tailoring it to my ears. Fully enjoyed being able to discuss/change/review, so major kudos to them for customer service. A couple hours was all I was good for though before starting to attenuate & second-guess what I was hearing so we stopped. I'll spend some time with it over the next couple weeks to get useful feedback and head back up there after the holidays to tweak.

He actually loaded two files, one a time corrected original, the other was a new file with additional tweaks (Q, crossover freq sub/doors, EQ) which is what is active now. We couldn't find the box w/ the remote device used to swap files on the fly so no A/B comparisons yet, but it was already 8PM and I wasn't going to make them search for it. Plenty of time to dial it all in and it's not a bad drive up there.
That sounds great, but how would that work for someone in another state? Did they have an idea of the changes that need to be made and a way to update them remotely, or was driving to their facility the only option? Iā€™m about 6ā€™1ā€ and Iā€™m worried I may have similar issues, but thereā€™s no way Iā€™m driving to CA to have it fixed if thatā€™s the case.

TYMBOM

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91, Trackhawk, Golf R
How difficult is it to remove the stock enclosures? Do they just unbolt, or is there cutting involved? Happen to have any specs/drawings on the replacement box?
I donā€™t, but it all comes out easily, no cutting.

Attachments

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
So question is when does it go on sale? I see it's still "In Development" on the main site. Also noticing this video is unlisted on YouTube ;). But looks pretty easy to install. I'll be interested on how it sounds.
I have it and there is great improvement in the total sound. Eazy install!
Sponsored