Oil change

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
Lol. I do agree with that. I know a neighbor that works as a mechanic for Lexus my brother works for Subaru so I hear the stories. I am OCD with my Supra. If it's out of my garage for more than a day I get antsy.
That's precisely why I said NO to the ceramic coating guy...he kept the car 3-4 days. Since he's a complete stranger (even tho he, too, has a Supra), I'm not having any of that.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That's precisely why I said NO to the ceramic coating guy...he kept the car 3-4 days. Since he's a complete stranger (even tho he, too, has a Supra), I'm not having any of that.
Ceramic takes a few days. Does everyone down in the US have that much distrust for dealers and people handling their car? I'd be sure the person handling your car has some reputation to uphold and wouldn't do something stupid. I've littetally drop my car in every few months for a detail with no issues. No joy rides or anything.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ceramic takes a few days. Does everyone down in the US have that much distrust for dealers and people handling their car? I'd be sure the person handling your car has some reputation to uphold and wouldn't do something stupid. I've littetally drop my car in every few months for a detail with no issues. No joy rides or anything.
Um...Canada differs from the US in lots ways.

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Damn that sucks. my tech gives me hour to hour updates and information.
Even to be able to say you have a tech, is different. Here, they seem to change with the wind direction. I live in the suburbs of a fairly large metro area. I feel fortunate if the shop I use is still even in business from month to month. No. I don't trust leaving the car for more than a few hours. With no adult supervision, these guys would have the car at every track within 30 miles. I'm happy for your situation tho.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Even to be able to say you have a tech, is different. Here, they seem to change with the wind direction. I live in the suburbs of a fairly large metro area. I feel fortunate if the shop I use is still even in business from month to month. No. I don't trust leaving the car for more than a few hours. With no adult supervision, these guys would have the car at every track within 30 miles. I'm happy for your situation tho.
That is crazy. My dealer also only has one supra tech so if anything goes to shit I know who it is haha. I'd have anxiety if it was like that here.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
So, after changing to 5-30, I have also noticed, even though the weather is getting hotter, that my car is running about 10 degrees cooler.

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped off my car to get PPF and coated and didn't have the car for 2 weeks. Sometimes you have to trust the people that are doing the work on your car not just the product they sell. Dealerships are a bit of a different story, but i have developed a very good relationship with one where i live and talk to the GM and Service Manager to the point i feel comfortable with letting them get the Supra tech to work on my car if needed. They did my oil change and i literally sat in the bay with the tech and watched.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Going to be doing my first oil change at 5k miles with Amsoil Signature 0w-20. Will do blackstone report as well and will post it up in a thread.
How’s the Amsoil holding up? Any issues?

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
I'll be changing mine to Pennzoil 5w30 ultra platinum euro. It's an LL04 approved oil. The water that's recommended is only to appease CAFE and EPA fuel economy ratings. I'll be going for more protection.
Are you still using this oil? How is it if so? What made you choose this over other popular LL04 oils like Liquimoly or Motul?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
On the dropping off issue. I use the Toyota dealer here in Tucson, AZ and also have a 2012 FJ Cruiser. I took it in some time back for an oil change as I don't enjoy doing on the FJ. I waited, and then waited. I asked a few times, when are they going to be done? Oh, they are checking the car now. They took it out for 45 minutes!! Added a number of miles to it, so, You never know. I have told them since, if you check my car I want it back in 10 minutes or less or don't take it out at all. No more issues but also, no real apology for what was an obvious use of my FJ.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Maybe joyride maybe not, I believe they're instructed to do a 4-point check... I'd be worried as well since we do hear horror joyride stories. I'd guess that, unless it's the first time they're seeing a special car, with the amount of servicing they do, they'd probably be sick of driving...
They may still miss or not care during this ride, but they may come back saying, "tough luck, your brakes are shit, needs changing" or whatever.. that's also open to suggestion as some just wanna rip you, some are genuine concerns..

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Are you still using this oil? How is it if so? What made you choose this over other popular LL04 oils like Liquimoly or Motul?
Yup. It's fine. No issues. Been using this in all of my performance vehicles and never had any issues. Plus it's a BMW approved oil.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Yup. It's fine. No issues. Been using this in all of my performance vehicles and never had any issues. Plus it's a BMW approved oil.
Cool. I see a Platinum Euro, but no Ultra Platinum Euro? Are you using the Platinum Euro?