Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I am amazed as well because I matched by PB from last June when they were fresh this past Dec with the same rears. Not peak but they are definitely serviceable. My other set of wheels for autox with the same tires I've run for 10-12 events and they're still great. From the previous season, after the same amount of autox events with the RT660 those fell off a cliff and were super frustrating so the RE-71RS definitely has much better heat cycle tolerance.
Send it then!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Todday1

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Two of these looks rolled a bit on the outer edge ( expect those are the fronts) so is getting close tread wise. I would have your next set ready and run them till they cord if they still are not sliding all over the place but I am cheap :). They may not make both days. So 9 days you already got your money out if them and if you already have the new set may just want to change them so you do not risk a track side change.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Think I can sneak another weekend out of these rears (RE71-RS)? I've got 9 days on them so far, approximately 35 20min sessions.

Tires-s.jpg
9 days… Wow 🤩 Thanks for sharing! I’ve been meaning to take pics of my Nankangs. They look similar, with more prominent outer wear up front. I’ll rotate them to the back & use them one more regular weekend (2 days like you) 🤞

Two of these looks rolled a bit on the outer edge ( expect those are the fronts) so is getting close tread wise. I would have your next set ready and run them till they cord if they still are not sliding all over the place but I am cheap :). They may not make both days. So 9 days you already got your money out if them and if you already have the new set may just want to change them so you do not risk a track side change.
Driving 3 days this weekend. One is an all you can eat/drive buffet. Didn’t want to chance it. So I’m on my new set tires/wheels - the Maxxis RC1s. Will try and squeeze out two more days on the Nankangs in March and bring the Maxxis ones as backup. It’s nice being able to rotate and finally having a set of spare track wheels.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

New PB. Fun being no. 27 at Sebring. It is only February and they run 350 hot days per year. That number will drop fast 🪨 💨

Last edited:

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Think I can sneak another weekend out of these rears (RE71-RS)? I've got 9 days on them so far, approximately 35 20min sessions.

Tires-s.jpg
What size are those and how much camber do you have. Honestly great wear and heat tolerance is crazy

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

New PB. Fun being no. 27 at Sebring. It is only February and they run 350 hot days per year. That number will drop 🪨 💨
Great job Mark. Strange your variance for your top three is low but your optimal is nearly 2sec faster. Im new to Garmin trying to figure that out, traffic?

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These are the rears and are 295/35/18 with 1.9-2 degrees neg camber(oem)
Ahh what rims OEM? What size are you running up front and how did they last? Just about to pull the trigger on a square set of Potenzas for the track.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Ahh what rims OEM? What size are you running up front and how did they last? Just about to pull the trigger on a square set of Potenzas for the track.
Not OEM, it's square titan 7 ts5 at 18x10.7. I actually have been running kuhmo v730s 275 or 265 depending up front. Can't really say on those cause my 275s I corded from rubbing the front fender liner due to rockingham speedway having really rough transitions from oval to infield so I only got 5 days out of them and then I had 265 on hand as spare that I put on. Once I'm done with those I'll swap to the re-71rs on fronts for the track.

I do have re-71rs on front and rear for my autocross wheels and they have been just as solid so I would def recommend going for it.

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just know that the RE71RS are really 1 lap wonders like the a052. They hate heat and heat cycle out fast. Traxions experience is unlike anyone else I have seen.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Just know that the RE71RS are really 1 lap wonders like the a052. They hate heat and heat cycle out fast. Traxions experience is unlike anyone else I have seen.

Excuse me, a02 are 2 lap wonders

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
How my track days/years did it take y'all before you stopped lifting at 135-140 on the big straights? Car feels stable, I’m just running out of balls.

Also, did a 1:41 on my 2nd time at Road Atlanta. Decent time for stock other than conti ECF/pads/fluid?

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
How my track days/years did it take y'all before you stopped lifting at 135-140 on the big straights? Car feels stable, I’m just running out of balls.
If you are already at 140, what's 150,160?

Or just don't look at your MPH. I rarely do.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
my 71RS have ~3 days on them last season and I'm going to be taking them out for more. Maybe just dont suck at driving?

/s in case the YikesPolice try to yikes me.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Also, did a 1:41 on my 2nd time at Road Atlanta. Decent time for stock other than conti ECF/pads/fluid?
didn’t lift on straight the first outing
Sponsored